Is There A Sudoku Game??

Indeed I recommend it.   My personal favourites are Loopy, (Slitherlink) Slant and Tents.

- Neelix

Last edited by a moderator:
@Neelix:
Oh yeah, the sgt-puzzles was indeed the official name for the Simon's collection... Sorry, didn't connect them together at first. I was wondering why nobody mentioned the collection earlier. Well that explains it! :D

@ekianjo:
Thanks for the Jago, although I don't yet have a Pandora, myself. But I appreciate it being ready once I do get mine, in any case.

PS. Personally, I like the LightUp and Net from the collection.

@ekianjo

I've tried your port and seems fine.

The only defects are that you can input even letters when he sudoku is in number mode or viceversa and there isn't italian language.

If you wan to add the italian language I can help you.

Good work with this app, is very playable!

Just to clarify, I just packaged the app and I am not the author of the original program therefore I will not be able to make any modification to it. Feel free to contact the author (see repo page info) and ask him for modifications if you need.

And for those people who would rather have the pandora solve the sudoku's they come across for them I released this solver I had actually made for myself in 2009. http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=sudokuapp.urjaman.0
A friend of mine designed his own variety of sudoku, and I'd like to code a game / generator for it.

The puzzles are more difficult to generate than regular sudoku.

I need to look at source code for a regular sudoku generator.  Can you suggest a good one for me to look at?  (maybe yours)

The generator in mine is really not good. It solves an empty sudoku - the solver will pick randomly when it cant see a place with only one solution so the result is a random sudoku, then the system will repeatedly try to remove a random slot from the sudoku and tests whether it is still uniquely solvable*. It sort of popped out of the code as a solver benchmark, not as a proper generator.

Still the source code is included in the pnd, so if you want to see some bad bruteforce sudoku generation, go ahead and unsquashfs it.

* Actually solvable without ever needing to make a (random) choice - I'm not sure if that is the same thing, maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back