It's here [Pandora delivered]

^ Seem to remember you need to change a setting on Pandora before this will work. SD mass storage mode?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I read that, but think that was the case in older version of the OS where it was unchecked as default - now it is checked as default.

This option:

Setting->Startup->Enable/Disable services on boot->Start USB Network on bootup

Or is it the other option I just seen there;

Enable USB Host on bootup

doh!

Ok I just see there is an actual toggle for SD Mass Storage mode under the Settings menu - that'l be it eh

Working now :)

No, it's something about SD Mass Storage just like Mr_Loon suggested. That will unmount the card you choose from the pandora's filesystem and make it available to the desktop computer instead.

USB Host is kind of the opposite. In the scenario we're trying to achieve, it's the desktop machine which acts as the USB host.

USB Network ... I think is about using a USB cable to establish a network-type connection between two machines. Different beast again.

Yeah it is a simple menu under the Settings to enable SD Mass Storage. I hadn't clicked on that previously. Is transferring over data now, cheers

Aaaand sampled my first little go of gaming, Revenge of Shinobi, these controls are excellent 

Yeah, the USB host option enables the full-sized USB port.  IIRC the small USB port works all the time, although you'll need a USB OTG cable to use it.  I didn't know you could use the small port as USB host though - I do all my transfers either using scp over the network, or my unmounting and moving my SD card.

The Dpad is one of the best if not the best Dpad I have ever used.

Have you ever used another dpad in shape of a disc?

It was already great on the old controllers from Sega and especcially on the old (out of production) Saitek pads for PC.

I do not understand, why such discs are not used everywhere.

Have you ever used another dpad in shape of a disc?

It was already great on the old controllers from Sega and especcially on the old (out of production) Saitek pads for PC.

I do not understand, why such discs are not used everywhere.
Yeah another one of my favorite gamepads were some old psx pad called the PSX super pad. I actually did not like the Sega Genesis pad, I found it too mushy. But I'm just talking about using it for serious Street fighter gaming, other than that I'm not too picky about controls.

Yes, the Genesis pad was an early stage of development, but the old Nintendo pads were mushy too after some time.

I totally ruined my old Logitech pad with Street Fighter, but the Saiteks work just as nice like in the beginning and they have gone through a lot. ^^

I've a Logitech I use on the Mac for games I d/l from GOG, it's also a disc style dpad bit like Megadrive one and very nice, good weight, rumblepack, compact.

Yeah I will do but wont distract me full time don't worry :)

Do need some help already though...

Just looking at connecting Pandora as a slave to my Win PC, so can copy over data to the SD card via USB... rather than popping out the SD card

Pandora.usb.slave.png

I'm using a Mini B connection on Pandora end

...Wrong one?

From the image and Wiki page I understood this is the type
That computer looks like it's less powerful that the Pandora it's attached to ;)

Yeah, I don't think that computer has USB.  Might be the problem ;)

Regarding Sega d-pads, I found the Saturn d-pad too mushy as well.  The Pandora has my second favourite d-pad (after the phat DS d-pad, which is unusual in that has very little travel, but I like it).

Yeah, I don't think that computer has USB.  Might be the problem ;)

Regarding Sega d-pads, I found the Saturn d-pad too mushy as well.  The Pandora has my second favourite d-pad (after the phat DS d-pad, which is unusual in that has very little travel, but I like it).
Are you kidding me?!  Pandora dpad is the best!  DS dpad is good but Pandora dpad just feel way more comfortable  :)

Back