Its The Vulcano - Again

grobi

Still Fresh
I only found this in german newspress: the vulcano is delaying planes again. Perhaps we should have told them about the ups package being picked up today so they could have prepared their flight plans for the upcoming catastrophy.

Vulcano delaying planes again

I think Grobi must be referring to either Spok or Tuvok, because as far as I'm aware there aren't any Vulcans of Spanish or Mexican descent. The part about them screwing with the airplanes though has me kind of confused, because that doesn't sound very logical at all...

Yes the volcano is causing more havok and could get better or could get much worse ,after the initial week long no fly zone over the uk due to the volcano and then with the real possibility of more disruption i would have thought OPT would be trying very hard to get all the big stuff shipped ASAP but now there are more problems just as we are promised our cases shipped to the uk ohh and wait were we not promised these same cases to ship when the volcano first struck.

I don't know for sure what delays these new volcano problems will cause but why take any risks when you have 3000+ angry impatient customers who have every right to feel the way they do whilst twiddling thumbs thinking up ideas on how to make more money from thin air.I can see more delays ahead then there wil be holidays an so on an so forth and to think some people still suck up to all this rubbish.

This is why i have a real problem with the custom special edition cases ,why do OPT have time to think about and put effort into that when they have not build one single customer paid for pandora yet and with all the other things that need to ba taken care of like day job an setting up an enviroment for 10+ people could build these units in ,really what does OPT really do with their time ?

Let me get it clear ,i am praying that OPT get those cases in time and all is ok with them ,they have had nothing but bad news with cases so fingers crossed for them.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/may/10/volcano-ash-disrupt-air-travel

paddy said:
This is why i have a real problem with the custom special edition cases ,why do OPT have time to think about and put effort into that when they have not build one single customer paid for pandora yet and with all the other things that need to ba taken care of like day job an setting up an enviroment for 10+ people could build these units in ,really what does OPT really do with their time ?

lol. I guess Craig is the kind of person what always need to keep busy... he's also overly optimistic sometimes.
I do definitely agree the most important is to get the first batch Pandora shipped out.

I really hope we get confirmation the cases have actually shipped :)

Last edited by a moderator:
paddy said:
...wow. Everything is wrong with this paragraph. You know it's several guys from several countries - guys with day jobs? Do you know Craig is the only one at the assembly location, and are you quite sure he hasn't been setting it all up?

You are aware that the reason they can't ship to paying customers is that they don't have the cases yet? Not because Craig has taken the week off to draw unicorns on Pandora prototypes?

paddy said:

I still don't see why there is a problem with those special editions.
I already said those will the last ones shipped and created, all other "normal" units will be sent before them.

As they have nothing to do with board or cases delivery, I can't see why they should delay anything...?

All we will do is create 100 painted special editions after we shipped out the rest.
Where's the big deal?

Last edited:
Hi ,Yes Ed if that IS what you do and you do not cherry pick your boards for 800mhz then that is all fine and superb news so thanks for that ,also Gruso m8ty stop taking the piss dude,i know fine well what has been happening and you prolly know that too ,i have raised valid points and your comment was well ,pointless.

Yes to me it is questionable what OPT have been doing with their time becase as far as i understand it ,they should be busy with their day jobs and tryin to setup the townhall for production ,chasing companies for finished parts like the cases ,working on the OS and other software (Ed has been doing a great job btw and i really like those scripts and apps) also the store as work is ongoing and then tryin to keep all us happy with updates an no bad news so with all that in mind i wonder why these special pandoras were even remotely thought about ,that is my point.

anyway good luck OPT ,i hope there are no more delays.

This news just in !

Today’s Update:
UPS Plane goes down after leaving Beijing Capital International Airport

May 10th, 2010. 3 Comments

A UPS Cargo Plane crashed down after leaving Beijing’s International Airport today. As of this time, there has been no official response from a UPS representative but word has it that the loss of cargo is estimated to be in the millions of dollars.
Companies whose cargo has been lost are being contacted at this time.
Scorched boxes and plane rubble lay waste over a 50 meter area surrounding the impact. The words “ Open Pan “ can be made out on a few of charred remains. Investigation is underway to determine if these packages had a part in the downing of the plane.
There were 10 persons on board the plane, all deceased upon impact.
All UPS services will take place across Europe as usual today.

(The Independent European Press)

This may be a problem caused by the lack of a centralised source of information from OpenPandora - but, as on other topics, we hear different things from different Team Members via different communication technologies. Having seemingly conflicting reports does not increase faith, and missing any single post - or even a sentence - can lead to a skewed understanding of "what the plan is".

Alerino said:
hahaha don't do this, man
we're this close to collective heart attacks...

I now have a picture of a man in a silly hat being attacked by literllay thousands of winged hearts, flying freely in a scene reminiscent of "The Birds". But with more gore.

Eisner lol man i was is shock when i started reading that ! we are all cursed (The curse of the back Pandora) could be a movie ehh ? and i must admit since signing up for a fabled Pandora i have not been the same ,my luck is -60 these days.

You know it's funny when some people give a backhanded complement when they post.

Edit: Side note, we should know if the cases shipped as planned. It is well past business time Monday there.

BackAssward said:
You know it's funny when some people give a backhanded complement when they post.

Edit: Side note, we should know if the cases shipped as planned. It is well past business time Monday there.

They are, should arrive on Wednesday.

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
BackAssward said:

o_rly.jpg

Time to grab a coldie!

509547884_04dac2eae3.jpg

Oh how I waited for that sentence.

And after that...I'm off to spy on Katla again. Creepy little hill...

Attachments

• 509547884_04dac2eae3.jpg
    509547884_04dac2eae3.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 90
EvilDragon said:
BackAssward said:

That is the most Craig like answer I have ever seen :blink:
yay!

Back