I've Just Ordered My F200 From Gp2x.co.uk

Vilmos said:
Don't completely disregard all the PC and Linux ports of games that have mouse input.

Gotta think beyond emulation.
It'll be great for X11 if I can get hold of one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeap,

Im still on the original gp2x so I figured its about time I upgraded. I ordered it yesterday. I did ask if they had more of an idea of the actual release date but it seems sometime in October is the best they can offer.

Im all excited now.. I also got a 4Gb card, that will need filling up :) and a proper carry case ( currently I use the foamy PSP case to carry mine in ) .. oh yeah.. and the cradle... I figured what the heck.. it can be an early christmas gift from myself :).

F200 Shipped To USA:

gp2x.co.uk: Total 127.11 GBP = US$256.66
Play-Asia: Total US$ 195.60

sam fisher said:
If they are ansman batteries they are worth atleast £10~$20
Thanks,

Are the batteries exclusive to gp2x.co.uk?

[for anyone wondering what we are talking about I moved the "pre order price difference" question into its own thread]

I placed an order for a GP2X-F100 on the 23rd of August.
Got an e-mail asking if i would like to choose the pre-order.
I said yes ^^

I shall wait until some cool games will appear on F200. I do not think it would be until next summer. If the F200 will actualy released. GPH experience in making console working from fourth wave tells me the touchscreen will stick to stilus and tear away. Dpad(like seen on photocams) and white colour are ugly. F200 is a more media-player that game console. And even If i'm going to buy I would buy from not gbax.co.uk, since I do not feed trolls

Been thinking about a GP2x for a while, so have pre-ordered a F200.

Does anyone known if the Ghostpic game pre-installed on it will use the touch screen?? Picocross is probably the only game I'll play on the NDS, and I've not found a good clone on Pocketpc.

i'm pretty sure it won't. gph just grabbed the software off the internet. but it's still an amazing picross game. it even has a story.

I was just about to order one of these until I noticed the Dpad. This is one of the most basic and important parts of a portable console and yet they keep on coming up with ridiculious joystick / Dpad designs that aren't even fit for the purpose.

Really, I wonder what is wrong with the people designing these. We should not have to mod a portable as soon as we receive it because of the crap Dpad. All we need is a simple Dpad like the Psp's but obviously with much better response and not too much space between the contacts. This new 8 way Dpad is seperated, why?

Do they not want us to enjoy fighting games? Do they have something against us being able to do a Dragon Punch or Fireball without losing a thumb? I bet soon they will be charging us for a new and improved Dpad that should have been included in the first place. I am beginning to think they do this on purpose. I hope I am proved wrong and that this Dpad is the best ever.

Well with any luck we'll all find out with any luck in a couple of weeks...

I'm fully expecting my to have something like 'PROTOTYPE #5' written on the back of it ;)

I don't see the reason for the newer model - it is easy to put in and make a D-pad in the old system; touchscreen is a pain to use and no need to have massive SD cards - expensive to buy and too expensive to replace if fail.

If they improve the tv-out to be true (and fixed) 320x240 or 640x480, then it would be worth having, but not at it stands.

Question for DEVS: Would the touchscreen serve any kind of purpose? I don't see it working too well for FPS, and nothing else aside from PDA features.

bacteria said:
I don't see the reason for the newer model - it is easy to put in and make a D-pad in the old system; touchscreen is a pain to use and no need to have massive SD cards - expensive to buy and too expensive to replace if fail.

If they improve the tv-out to be true (and fixed) 320x240 or 640x480, then it would be worth having, but not at it stands.
I do see the reason for the newer model: it replaces the awful stick with a (hopefully) better alternative. I don't understand your hate for SDHC and touchscreen - just buy brand-name SDHC cards and they won't fail; they'll also decrease in price as time passes. As for the touchscreen, there can be some nice original games made around it - or not, no one forces you to use it as a touchscreen.

You're acting as if you must upgrade from the F100... you don't, this is just GPH improving their product for future customers and some of their older ones, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Stop being so negative and be glad that the GP2X exists to begin with :)

bacteria said:

Why should a new purchaser have to mod their device the moment they get it. It might be easy for you to add a dpad but it's not for more people. The touchscreen was probably added because it was cheaper and easier to source than a non touch, not because they wanted to add new features. And SDHC isn't unique to the F200, it's been available on the F100 for ages too.

Vince2501 said:
Question for DEVS: Would the touchscreen serve any kind of purpose? I don't see it working too well for FPS, and nothing else aside from PDA features.
How about mouse control for computer emus like Atari-ST? How about virtual on-screen keyboards? Those would be much better and easier to use with a touchscreen too.

DaveC said:
Vince2501 said:
How about mouse control for computer emus like Atari-ST? How about virtual on-screen keyboards? Those would be much better and easier to use with a touchscreen too.

Woo.....mine is ordered! roll on undisclosed launch date :)

also, the reason i look forward to Touch screen will be awsome Scummvm gaming....Sam and Max

Back