Just a quick heads up

So pre-pre orders had to upgrade to a different type of pre-order? Guess I missed that.

Edit: Looking back at an email, looks like I preordered a 4gb mobile edition, so I guess I must have done it already.

Last edited:
Reactions: rSl
Oh s**t!
Have orders already started shipping? I haven't been checking on here in ages and got no notification.
The address on my preorder in 2016 is different to what my current address on there is set to. Should I be worried guys?

Have orders already started shipping? I haven't been checking on here in ages and got no notification.
The address on my preorder in 2016 is different to what my current address on there is set to. Should I be worried guys?
Not yet, but I expect the first to go out on Monday. That's just likely speculation though.
You just use your voucher code to make a new order in the shop. You have the chance to use a different delivery address. If you meant email address, then maybe worry. ED can sort that out for you though.
There have only been 25 emails sent yet unless that changed by now.

ED appears to have cloned himself, with one clone assembling Pyras in the shop during daytime while posting live updates on twitter, and another clone trying to finalize OS with atc and dave on IRC at night. The real one is hopefully celebrating Christmas.
From IRC: they are still doing trials of various versions of u-boot, kernels and scattered patches to produce fully working OS

I just noticed, whe dont have Screw Covers on the Lid which is quite cool, as its supports this Homebrew Handmade, Look,
You should see that this isnt a over designet Apple or Samsung or other big companys Device,
If Time Cook assemplet the Iphones, then you could Compare this..

One thing that i ditnt understood yet: how is now the solution for the clicky DPAD?
Do whe have the Rubber DPAD, or the Plastik DPAD Glued to the Keyboard Mat?

Not yet, but I expect the first to go out on Monday. That's just likely speculation though.
You just use your voucher code to make a new order in the shop. You have the chance to use a different delivery address. If you meant email address, then maybe worry. ED can sort that out for you though.
There have only been 25 emails sent yet unless that changed by now.
Ah phew :eek:, yeah it was just delivery address. Emails always been the same

I'm a little sad I can not help this time as I promised to help assembling the first Pyras.
However with all that Corona bullshit going on I think it's better to not travel around and to better stay at home.

@EvilDragon
I hope you don't get too much overworked alone.

Took a bit longer than I had planned - as I had to figure out how to assemble it fast without cracking screens, but i was pretty fast around the end :)
I'm glad it was you who had to figure that out.
If I would have cracked them I would get lots of complaints :p
(You cracked some. Don't deny it)

Whyle watching the older assembly Videos, i noticed that the Pyra may got a bit more easy to assemble then then Pandora
And i had to reasemble my Pandora once (everything dit work then beside one shoulderbutton contact i broke whe i bend it back, and the buttons may not in the corect order anymore..
So i know how may Pandora look inside..

There is only this cable between the lid and the main pcb, which costs 10 €, no wifi antenna and no Speaker in the lid part,
Seems like there is only some cables to conect, and not that much stuff to put in the case like the LED Pipes, or the Microphone..
The Pyra ditnt even have this one off slider which could get lost quite easy..
Everything is on the Keymat and the Mainboard,

I wouldnd like to assemble hundrets of these things, but i would suspekt if someone trows me the peaces on the table, i could make a Pyra..

I hope i dont have to open may Pyra that often as i dit whit the Pandora..
This was mostly to fix the shoulderbuttons..

Ok ED makes a Coffee and Food Break,
The DPAD will be plastic, seems like stealth Gaming isn’t possible whit the Pyra ^^

Send from something, i guess ^^
All the assembly photos with black and dark chrome cases in them look like something out of Star Wars <3

Are the D-pads moddable so you could fit rubber ones if you wanted to be an OTG stealth gamer?

I think this depends on the way ED put them in: he mentioned on this old video
That he try’s to clue them on the Keymat to avoid the noises.. but seems like I ditnt follow the right sources..

All the assembly photos with black and dark chrome cases in them look like something out of Star Wars <3

Are the D-pads moddable so you could fit rubber ones if you wanted to be an OTG stealth gamer?
I believe they might be actually, though for the rubber, it would have to be custom molded.
If i can find a way, i'd drop in microswitches

I believe they might be actually, though for the rubber, it would have to be custom molded.
If i can find a way, i'd drop in microswitches
even the smallest true micro switches will likely be too big to cram in that area. And a lot of small profile micro-switches utilize the same style conductive rubber compound as the current D-pad so it's not gaining you anything.

Whe don’t know how good the dpad actually is, you can feel free to modify it, therefore it’s cool that the Pyra is easy to open

But I don’t want to open my Pyra..

The reason why I had to open my Pandora was to fix a shoulder button because these foam pads wherend the best solution
And to change the bottom part to get a 2 colored Pandora..

Not sure, but I think we have a breakthrough on the charging problem.

Yes, and the result is 9c, so this is indeed what's resetting the
value!

So it seems it's not disabled in the U-Boot version we're using.

Could someone update that?

In the mailing list, daveshah goes on to say that the latest U-Boot already corrects this problem, to which ED replies that aTc couldn't compile the latest U-Boot, so it must not be in a finished state.

It's slow, but it's progress.

Back