Just Got My Gp32 Working...

Josquius

Website
www.josquius.tsx.org
And I'm rather confused about some things.
1: How can you change the MP3 you are playing without resetting.
2: GPEngine crashes whenever it loads a game, what is the correct config for this?
3: Is there anyway to play mp3s from the firmware which gives you a list (I forget the name of it) or do you have to use the original?
4: Do you have to run the spectrum emulator like a old spectrum (typing run tape or something like that)?

More as I encounter them...

Dunno about mp3's as I've never bothered with them on my GP. I have no problems with GPengine though. You sure the files are in the correct place? loading a game on one of the spectrum emulators is easy, just press a button on the GP and pick a game from the list :D best idea is check out the read me files they'll tell you what you need to know.

As a starting point Bonk (PC Kid) works on GPEngine using default settings - it sounds like you have corrupt roms or you have been unlucky to try the few roms that do not work.

alot of roms simply take some region flipping between japan usa 2 get working + then some just dont work :D but not many at all. About the mp3 player ... just gpmad mp3 it supports nearly every type of mp3

Also keep in mind that without save states you have to reconfigure your settings every time you start the GP32. Hopefully you art useing the same settings for the same games to end up with the same result. :p

It seems the PC engine thing is just some games (1941 being the one that doesn't work, I love that game too :( ).

What quality is that mega drive emulator from xmas? Playable?
I've discovered some unofficial MP3 players- how do they compare to the normal one? What makes them so good? Which is the best?

Its mainly codec supoprt and eye candy... For example gpmad mp3 supports most codec settings eg mono + variable bitrate... Team2kyaa's has nice features like keypad lock and supports more settings with some nice shuffle settings + play list editing :D

I use yogg to play .ogg files their smaller than MP3s and more ideal or somethign

dbpoweramp can convert mp3s to ogg just need to dl the ogg thingy too

for PCEngine just switch the region and see if that works some need to be switched to work

Josquius posted on Mar 23 2004 at 08:18 PM said:
What quality is that mega drive emulator from xmas? Playable?
PLAYABLE!?!?!

its f**king AMAZING, really good compatibility, good speed. The only downer is no sound and no saves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, just go to the menu, and it'll be normal again; its a bug with some aspect of hte GP's screen writing. Nothing battery related

Back