Just Wondering

I turned 20 in august, and I now feel damn old.

I grew up playing Camelot, Bonecruncher and Galaforce 2 on our Acorn Electron (basically a stripped down Acorn BBC-B ), featuring an external tape drive and a green and green monitor.
I only discovered that it supported colour output a few years ago when I plugged it into our TV. I was disgusted at the colours so I swiftly unplugged it and plugged it back into the old green one :).

22 here. Started gaming rather late (SNES), and computer stuff even later (1995 or so, Pentium 90). I enjoy retrogaming despite this - I wish I had been around for some of that stuff (commodore 64, Amiga, BBSs, early DOS gaming). I'm looking at starting a vintage hardware collection once I get out of school and get a job :D

-OCA|

Whoop. 23 here.

Kiddies to the left of me, grampa's to the right...

(And my first computer was my friend's Commodore 64. With tape driver... :))

Now I just found one of my first computer beside Apple ][, PEEK is actually the one of the Sinclair ZX81 clone. (I had had no idea where it was from :) )

I'm so happy I can find it and enjoy it's emulator on my laptop :lol:

and someday on GP2x :rolleyes:

I'm 27.

My first computer was a Zx Spectrum+ :)

After that:

Commodore 64
Atari Ste 1024
Pc 75 Mhz Pentium (olivetti)
233 Mhz AMD
1 Ghz AMD

And now a : 2.40 Ghz laptop.

for the handheld:
some "watch&game" games and two gameboys (the first model)

and now a GP32

And still have all of them except the 233 Mhz pc :lol:

pkostrze posted on Dec 12 2005 at 09:44 PM said:
I'll be 37 next month... I can't say I'm too thrilled with how old I'm getting but there's not a lot I can do about it. My first computer was a Commodore VIC-20 with a whopping 8K of memory (including a 5K add-in card) and a cassette drive for software... for those of you who are too young, a "cassette" is a rectangular reel-to-reel magnetic tape package on which one could record music or data, it was replaced by the CD as the de facto music medium - how's that for old school? <wheeze>

Classic. I am 37 on the 21st of this month, and my first machine was also a vic-20. I now have 6 of them (as well as a large collection of other 8 and 16 bit machines).

Back in the day, I had:

Vic-20
Apple II+
Amiga 500
etc, etc

Martin

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 37 (38 in March) and feeling both older and younger because of this thread :)

Computers: Dragon32, Oric-1, Atari 800xl, Atari 520STFM, Atari1040ST, Amiga 520, Amiga 4000-030, Pentium200, homebuilt pc's since.

Handhelds: Gameboy, Gamboy Pocket, NGPC, Gameboy Advance *2, Gameboy Advance SP *2, GP2X

Consoles: 16-in-1 Pong :), Megadrive, PSX, X-Box

matt goode posted on Dec 12 2005 at 09:33 AM said:
15 here at the first gaming experiences i can remember where "Duck Hunt" on the Nes "Chaos Engine" on amiga and "Flashback" on the Amiga, although can't remember what came first :( i barely controlled myself at that age :S

playing chaos engine on the amiga is the perfect way of growing up. I am sure you will live a very successful life. Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Back