Just Wondering

34 or 35, not sure, what month are we in now?

First console was a G7000/Philips Videopac I think, followed quickly by a Vic20 and a C64...with floppy disk drive and dot matrix colour printer, i laugh at all you people with your puny cassette drives.

Never really got into gaming as all my friends had Ataris so I couldn't swap games. Only game I ever finished a whole level was Tombraider on PS1, I have no idea why I want a GP2X.

chaos engineer posted on Dec 13 2005 at 10:01 AM said:
matt goode posted on Dec 12 2005 at 09:33 AM said:
15 here at the first gaming experiences i can remember where "Duck Hunt" on the Nes "Chaos Engine" on amiga and "Flashback" on the Amiga, although can't remember what came first :( i barely controlled myself at that age :S

playing chaos engine on the amiga is the perfect way of growing up. I am sure you will live a very successful life. Good luck
haha cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Just wondering how a person so young can be attracted to the retro games.

First computer Apple ][, with 4k RAM, used a cassette tape to load Star Trek.

Favorite old time MAME is Lunar Lander (Star Castle second), hoping that an emulator emerges for some of these old classics.

Regards

I'm 26. I was asked for ID the other week, that was about the best feeling ever!

Since then I've been to numerous bars with signs on the door like 'if you look under 25, we will ask you for ID' but sadly not been asked again :(.

First computer BBC Model B.

numb posted on Dec 13 2005 at 01:20 PM said:
I'm 26. I was asked for ID the other week, that was about the best feeling ever!

Since then I've been to numerous bars with signs on the door like 'if you look under 25, we will ask you for ID' but sadly not been asked again :(.

In what country do you live that you have to be 25 to enter a bar and drink alcohol? This is absurd, isn't it?

chaos engineer posted on Dec 13 2005 at 01:34 PM said:
In what country do you live that you have to be 25 to enter a bar and drink alcohol? This is absurd, isn't it?

There are new laws in the UK since the 24hour licensing came in. If you are/appear to be under 21 you must carry identification if you want to drink. There are a lot more police around now and some clubs/pubs are being so vigilant about it that they want you to look over 25. It's all gone a bit crazy lately, but I suppose it's just because the 24hour drinking laws have only just come into effect.

numb posted on Dec 13 2005 at 12:20 PM said:

I would of thugh that would of been embarrasing / degrading, not looking old enought to drink at the age of 26 :p

numb posted on Dec 13 2005 at 02:52 PM said:
chaos engineer posted on Dec 13 2005 at 01:34 PM said:

There are new laws in the UK since the 24hour licensing came in. If you are/appear to be under 21 you must carry identification if you want to drink. There are a lot more police around now and some clubs/pubs are being so vigilant about it that they want you to look over 25. It's all gone a bit crazy lately, but I suppose it's just because the 24hour drinking laws have only just come into effect.

I lived in London for one year until September. I can remember the discussions about those drinking laws, but I did not realize that this implies new age restrictions. Oh, I love to think back to the good old times in the pubs and lovely clubs over there, I miss the pints a lot, but I guess this has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, sorry for those that have to read this rubbish.

What's the topic by the way? Ah yes, the age, I am 30 and I started with a Philips Videopac, then C64, Amiga, Gambeboy, PC, gp32, gp2x.

Wow, suprising how young some people are, I thought most of us were mid 20's due to the emulation scene.

My grandad got a ZX Spectrum 48k when I was 3 or 4, I took posession of that when I was about 8, then SMS, Megadrive, Amiga and finally PC.

-Craig

www.gp2x.co.uk

I'm 30

I had a Spectrum when I was 10.

I got a NES a few years later.

I was given a Gameboy for christmas the year they came out.

I bought a Snes when I was 18 I think.

I aquired a PC shortly thereafter.

I picked up a Sega Saturn when the price dropped.

Then I added an N64 when they came out over here.

And a PSX shortly after Final Fantasy 7 came out.

A Dreamcast followed when they were released.

I imported a GBA not long after the Japanese launch.

I tracked down a Game Gear at a boot fair a couple of years ago.

I bought a Megdrive and a SMS at some point around here.

I also picked up some kind of portable NES knock off called a Game Axe.

I bought a PS2 not long after those came out.

And imported a Gamecube when the Orange ones appeared.

Then I bought an XBox. Then another XBox.

Then a PSP and a DS.

And now I'm waiting for my GP2X.

I'm 22... and a HALF! :p

First PC was when I was 4. It was an Amstrad with a 4 colo(u)r screen, and not 1 but TWO 5.25" floppy bays! Amazing it was; after that it was a 486DX of some sort.. and it goes on and on up to my current 4400+ X2 based machine.

Only recently am I getting more heavily into handheld gaming, although I did own a GameGear for some time a decade or so ago. I have myself a DS, GP2X, and a BlackBerry, the latter which is not so much for gaming but for keeping me on a leash from work.

I haven't ever owned any consoles (strange, yes) but have used friends' NESs, SNESs, Genesis'/Megadrives, N64s, DCs, PSXs, XBOXs and PS2s extensively.

craigix posted on Dec 13 2005 at 02:48 PM said:
Wow, suprising how young some people are, I thought most of us were mid 20's due to the emulation scene.

My grandad got a ZX Spectrum 48k when I was 3 or 4, I took posession of that when I was about 8, then SMS, Megadrive, Amiga and finally PC.

-Craig

www.gp2x.co.uk

i :wub: emus!!!!

and im 12 :blink:

I am 24 here about in the middle of the lot it seems. My first computer was a intel 80386. The dos version of that snake game and the gorrilas throwing bannanas was fun. If you edit the code on the gorrila game you can make your bannana blow up half the screen. My buddies used to get pissed.

About the 25 year old drinking signs. Around the US these signs are every where. They just mean that if you appear under 25 than you will be carded. Actually a lot of gas stations have upped it to 30 or they card everyone.

20 here, started my gaming life on a lovely little Pong machine my great uncle gave to us (nice wooden finish, two paddles, anyone know what this was called? You could press a button on the machine and the game changed from tennis, to football, to squash).
This was followed by a Spectrum, spent days on end playing Gauntlet II :D
Then in 1993, the Megadrive arrived in the house, with Sonic 2. Haven't given up on this machine since, it's never been unplugged for reasons other than moving house, and I just bought three more games for it today (Virtua Fighter 2, Micro Machines 96, Street Racer, £1 each in Cash Converters!).
1995, we got a Master System, £40 with 7 games and a light phaser.
1996, managed to get my mate's Lynx off his hands for £5 with three games.
We got a PC in 1997, and I got a Game.com whilst my brother got a Game Boy (the big chunky grey one), then in 1999 I got a NeoGeo Pocket Color.
2000 saw the arrival of the Dreamcast in the household, followed by a SNES in 2001 (£20 with 12 games, not bad :lol: ).
Then last year I rekindled my obscure hand-held buying traits with that GameKing thing, and now, what with the job and all,
my beautiful GP2X, loaded with 200 megadrive ROMs :D

Still need to change that sig...

23 years old :) been through alot

Started with a 286 when i was about 12 and then went through most of the pc hardware life cycles up to now!

I'm probably an old man in your eyes, as I'm 47.

The first game I played was a battle ships type game on a Dec PDP8 where you had to use punch cards to enter your go and the output came out of a line printer.

I've messed about with just about every make and type of home computer since the Atom. (Still got a few hidden up the loft somewhere ATARI, AMIGA etc).

I just love the concept of the GP2X. I can't wait for mine to arrive. I'm looking forward to doing some ports and writing some other stuff for it. I've already done some simple programs with the devpak, it'll be fun to see if they work on it.

15 and in my prime.
GF, money, free housing and food, tis the life.

Every one is putting consoles so...

Date Con games

1994 SMS 20
1998 SMD 40
1999 GBC 16
2000 PSX 75
2001 GBA 5
2002 NGC 27
2002 PC 30
2003 NES 47
2004 SNES 14
2004 GP32 1000000000000000