Just Wondering


codesmith

Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2004
Messages
151
Age
49
Location
Northwest USA
Website
Visit site
I'm 34. My first computer was a C64 with tape drive (I was 13 at the time), upgraded a few years later to an Amiga. Played a lot with a friend's Atari ST, and (earlier) with another friend's speccy. Used DOS and different unix boxes at uni (bzflag on an SGI Onyx rulz :p)

Hehe, I just realized I can actually say "I've been using computers longer than you've been around <wheeze> now get off my lawn!" ;)
 

Bryanosaurus

Still Fresh
Joined
Nov 15, 2005
Messages
8
Location
Chicago
Website
Visit site
Hey, this would be my first post, though I've been lurking about.

I'm 19, and have had my GP2X for a week or so? Lovin playing Shinobi 3 on lunch break at work :).

Since this seems to be a trend of some sort, I've owned:

NES
SNES
Game Boy
N64
Dreamcast
(skipped the whole Xbox/PS2 garbage)
:wub: GP2X
 
T

TelcoLou

Guest
Nice to see some fellow oldsters :)

I'll just say this;

I was watching Sesame Street when Mr. Hooper was still alive.

Edit: And Snuffelupagus was still thought to be Big Bird's imaginary friend ...
 

Minkoff

Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2005
Messages
212
Man, I'm 15. I feel like such a newb. :(
Especially with the consoles.

GameBoy
SNES
N64
PSX
GameCube
Dreamcast
GameBoy Advance
PSOne
DS
GP2X
 

igboo

Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
99
TelcoLou posted on Dec 13 2005 at 04:26 PM said:
Nice to see some fellow oldsters :)

I'll just say this;

I was watching Sesame Street when Mr. Hooper was still alive.

Edit: And Snuffelupagus was still thought to be Big Bird's imaginary friend ...

Hmm, I remember Public tv when Morgan Freeman was in the cast of 'The Electric Company'

And Snuffy hadn't been thought up yet.

Igboo
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Saxton_boy

Still Fresh
Joined
Nov 20, 2005
Messages
60
Location
Truro
Website
Visit site
I'm 18 (just),

My first computer C64
Then NES
Then Master System
Then Megadrive
Then Gamegear
Then GameBoy
Then GBC
Then PSX
Then PS2
Now GP2x

And throughout I've had many a PC. :D . I've missed out on lots of systems, but emulation's put that right.
 

Ninjia^

Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2005
Messages
255
Location
Manchester, UK
Website
Visit site
Im 23 in 5 days! Actually its not a good thing that Im getting old :(

Started on the Acorn electron when I was 5 cant beleive that was way back in 1987. I used to get up at 6am every morning just to play space invaders...
 

Epsilon

Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2005
Messages
102
Age
43
Website
Visit site
Well just to follow the unspoken 'rule', i'm twentyseven ;) first computer was a commodore vic-20, first one I could persuade parents to buy back in the happy freaky eighties.
 

memoryex2003

Still Fresh
Joined
Nov 19, 2005
Messages
26
ack must be the oldest (nearly) :) 36 and my first comp was a vic-20, then a c64 then an amiga 500 then an amiga 600, an amiga 1200, 486 dx-33, 486 dx2-66, 486 dx2-100. p66, p100, p2-300, athlon 700, p4-3 and now an amd643200.

spent a hell of a lot on computers in the last few years :)
 
T

TelcoLou

Guest
igboo posted on Dec 13 2005 at 05:26 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on Dec 13 2005 at 04:26 PM said:
Nice to see some fellow oldsters :)

I'll just say this;

I was watching Sesame Street when Mr. Hooper was still alive.

Edit: And Snuffelupagus was still thought to be Big Bird's imaginary friend ...

Hmm, I remember Public tv when Morgan Freeman was in the cast of 'The Electric Company'

And Snuffy hadn't been thought up yet.

Igboo

Easy Reader! Outa-sighteous!! :lol:

Hey, you GUYS!!!!!! :lol:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

God Ginrai

Godmaster
Joined
Nov 27, 2005
Messages
5,466
Website
Visit site
skeezix posted on Dec 11 2005 at 09:41 PM said:
You can tell how old they are by how many typing shortcuts they use ;)

2 for to
ne1 for anyone

I'm older than 17 ;)

jeff

Actually, that's how you tell the n00bs from other people, it's just that younger n00bs are seen more often.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

icurafu

The Hallucinogenic Elf
Joined
Sep 28, 2005
Messages
2,078
Location
Sydney, Australia
Website
gamesreborn.blogspot.com
shezzor posted on Dec 14 2005 at 10:13 AM said:
Another 26 year old here! My first gaming experience was the Atari 2600 way way back, think I've had every popular platform since (and probably then some). Best moments has got to be with the humble miggy though, fantastic machine :)

Same here. 26 starting with an Atari 2600.

No idea what a miggy was. Best moment for me was PC gaming.

But I would have been a different person if I found out about console RPGs on the NES or SNES. I had to wait until I had a SNES emulator to become obsessed with Final Fantasy and dragon warrior.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Epsilon

Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2005
Messages
102
Age
43
Website
Visit site
icurafu posted on Dec 14 2005 at 01:59 AM said:
shezzor posted on Dec 14 2005 at 10:13 AM said:
Another 26 year old here! My first gaming experience was the Atari 2600 way way back, think I've had every popular platform since (and probably then some). Best moments has got to be with the humble miggy though, fantastic machine :)

Same here. 26 starting with an Atari 2600.

No idea what a miggy was. Best moment for me was PC gaming.

But I would have been a different person if I found out about console RPGs on the NES or SNES. I had to wait until I had a SNES emulator to become obsessed with Final Fantasy and dragon warrior.
Pc gaming? I pity you, cause you really lost out :) the 'diamonds' of pc gaming have been few and far between, in my opinion they're 'just' the Black isle, Westwood and some ID Software games :p
whereas on the amiga however alot of groundbreaking stuff was released there, good 2d graphics and excellent sound :) ...ahh the memories
 
Last edited by a moderator:

icurafu

The Hallucinogenic Elf
Joined
Sep 28, 2005
Messages
2,078
Location
Sydney, Australia
Website
gamesreborn.blogspot.com
Epsilon posted on Dec 14 2005 at 12:06 PM said:
icurafu posted on Dec 14 2005 at 01:59 AM said:
shezzor posted on Dec 14 2005 at 10:13 AM said:
Another 26 year old here!  My first gaming experience was the Atari 2600 way way back, think I've had every popular platform since (and probably then some). Best moments has got to be with the humble miggy though, fantastic machine :)

Same here. 26 starting with an Atari 2600.

No idea what a miggy was. Best moment for me was PC gaming.

But I would have been a different person if I found out about console RPGs on the NES or SNES. I had to wait until I had a SNES emulator to become obsessed with Final Fantasy and dragon warrior.
Pc gaming? I pity you, cause you really lost out :) the 'diamonds' of pc gaming have been few and far between, in my opinion they're 'just' the Black isle, Westwood and some ID Software games :p
whereas on the amiga however alot of groundbreaking stuff was released there, good 2d graphics and excellent sound :) ...ahh the memories

wtf, I consider the Amiga a personal computer. And I had enough games on my c64 and x86 machines to make up for never owning an amiga. Considering I lived in a rural area, I wouldn't have had access to games for the Amiga anyway.

So, I had Sierra, AD&D, ID, apogee, virign, westwood, blizzard infrogames etc. to keep me going.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

telengard

Certified Guru
Joined
Nov 13, 2005
Messages
281
Location
New Hampshire, USA
Website
users.adelphia.net
Chip posted on Dec 12 2005 at 12:08 AM said:
I am 26, and possibly the oldest non-guru on this board.

When I bought my first computer, Joeeoh was two years old.

Every once in a while I will get angry at "kids these days" who can't be bothered to type out whole words, use punctuation, or spellcheck ANYTHING. But the truth is, I did the same silly shit when I was your age. It embarrasses the hell out of me to look back at what an ass I was on the local BBSs (what we had before Al Gore invented the Internet).

Someday you'll look back at your posts and you'll be embarrassed too. It's a vicious circle.

Heh, not even close. I'm 33... :)

Grew up on a Commodore Vic20, Atari 800, Pong, and Atari 2600.

EDIT: Seems I'm not alone and there are even older folks in here. "kewl" or however those young whippersnappers spell it.

~telengard
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Bleeg

Still Fresh
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
57
Location
US
Website
Visit site
36. When I was small we had a Magnavox Odyssey - the first one that had no sound and came with big plastic overlays to put over the TV screen. I don't remember having much fun with that device, but luckily it didn't end there.
 

telengard

Certified Guru
Joined
Nov 13, 2005
Messages
281
Location
New Hampshire, USA
Website
users.adelphia.net
Bleeg posted on Dec 13 2005 at 09:59 PM said:
36. When I was small we had a Magnavox Odyssey - the first one that had no sound and came with big plastic overlays to put over the TV screen. I don't remember having much fun with that device, but luckily it didn't end there.

Oh man my babysitter had that system. I really liked it. I only remember the pac man type game. I think it was KC Munchman. Very cool.

~telengard
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Bleeg

Still Fresh
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
57
Location
US
Website
Visit site
telengard posted on Dec 13 2005 at 11:00 PM said:
Bleeg posted on Dec 13 2005 at 09:59 PM said:
36. When I was small we had a Magnavox Odyssey - the first one that had no sound and came with big plastic overlays to put over the TV screen.  I don't remember having much fun with that device, but luckily it didn't end there.

Oh man my babysitter had that system. I really liked it. I only remember the pac man type game. I think it was KC Munchman. Very cool.

~telengard


You're thinking of the Odyssey2... I meant the Odyssey1.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top