JXD S7100

Wow that Amlogic SoC sure is making the rounds. This looks like the YDP-G18 with slightly different housing, even the buttons look identical. But at least there will be less people dismissing it solely because it looks like a Vita.

When will your one arrive, mate?

15 to 20 days from yesterday :p
*puts Rhodesian accent on*

Awesome. brew~

FF5gx.png

Pretty interesting device, I was looking for a 7" android tablet. Curious how well it performs and especially interested using it as an android tablet ( for angry birds, fruit ninja etc) and ereader.

What is the weight of this thing? Looking forward to the first review.

Is it just me or do JXD release/anounce a new tablet/console every month i only descovered them a few months back and am lost already

Just to chime in on the discussion, I don't think this device is as much competition for the OpenPandora as it is for something like the Yinlips YDPG18. While all have touchscreen and game controls I can't see myself comparing a laptop to a tablet in that manner. Over all, the OpenPandora cost more and can do more.

Not to say that these PS imitations can't do the job. Based of what I've seen, they certainly run very well. Between the lack of shoulder buttons on the JXD S7100 and resistive screen on the YDPG18, I honestly don't know which could be considered better. I imagine that the JXD S7100 will still do just fine since Android emulators are built for touchscreen control. I'm curious to see the reviews.

Getting to the point of why these horrific, rip-off abominations to all things good in the world exist, just look at where it came from. In any capable country where the real deal is unfordable or unavailable to the general public, you will find something like these. China is very capable of making decent mock-copies and is able to sell them dirt cheap. Can't blame them for that and there is no use complaining about it. Avoiding international purchase of such a product to protest it'd development is not going to stop anything.

You know for a company that really did start off making illegal goods of very questionably quality they are moving towards being a reputable company pretty fast, the price of this is amazing for what's in it. Just breaking it down I get more than the retail price.

However... we're yet to see how it really does perform and work in the real world.

A corner or two must have been cut to reach that price, I hope they didn't use recycled/Grade F screens (very common in China).

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine still hasn't arrived but I don't see these as competition for the OpenPandora. These don't really fit into an existing spectrum of the market and we are on the edge of an emerging market/platform. The tablet/hand held crossover.

The Yinlips could sort of been seen as competition to the Caanoo but it's slightly to big (and poorly built compared to the Caanoo), the smaller version they announced would really competition to that.

The Pandora isn't really a hand held console nor a tablet, it's some hybrid hand held console and nano laptop.

You know for a company that really did start off making illegal goods of very questionably quality they are moving towards being a reputable company pretty fast, the price of this is amazing for what's in it. Just breaking it down I get more than the retail price.

However... we're yet to see how it really does perform and work in the real world.

A corner or two must have been cut to reach that price, I hope they didn't use recycled/Grade F screens (very common in China).

my first look at the situation is this... the PSP VITA is comming out/is out and Sony being the respectable company they are must have some serious QC going on in their factory. The specs on these yinlips and jxd s7100 are stricking similar cortex A9 etc etc... The parts used are probably bins or lots that have been rejected by Sony that get resold elsewhere at a heafty discount amongst themselves, not saying the parts are bad, but I bet they don't meet or have failures past a certian threshold... you would know about this more than the rest of us would I'm sure.

what did CC do with all the pandora PCB rejects? And that's a small time buisness, imagine something like Sony or Apple or something like that... there's probally a whole underground reseller market for the bins for those companies.

I am using some offbrand microsd in my phone that I'm sure didn't make sandisk's QC but it's trucking right along without a hiccup for going on more than a year now.

Back