JXD S7100

The specs on these yinlips and jxd s7100 are stricking similar cortex A9 etc etc... The parts used are probably bins or lots that have been rejected by Sony that get resold elsewhere at a heafty discount amongst themselves, not saying the parts are bad, but I bet they don't meet or have failures past a certian threshold... you would know about this more than the rest of us would I'm sure.

No, just no. I'd be surprised if the two handhelds had even a single PCB component in common (except passives, and even that would be a coincidence). These cheap Chinese handhelds happen to use a cheap Chinese SoC that licenses Cortex-A9 like a lot of other SoCs do, but unlike most of them it only has one CPU core, only has 128KB of L2 cache, and has only a single-core Mali-400.. and like most Chinese tech is a process node behind. What's on Vita is a total league apart. Everything else is going to be vastly different too, from the type and package of the RAM to the display. And chances are that most of the most important parts in the Vita are either sold exclusively to Sony or consist of IP owned partially or entirely by Sony.

I'm not an EE and don't know the specifics but salvaging components from an otherwise failed board sounds expensive. First you'd have to diagnose the board to find out exactly what's failing, and it could be fully possible that you can't even narrow it down all the way with a critical part working. It might not even be possible to really verify a single component. And if you did, you'd have to desolder what's verified in a way that still allows it to be used again. Sounds especially messy for BGAs, if even possible. If you really made it that far I'm sure replacing the broken part(s) so the board can be used would be the most economical solution by far.

There is a big market in China for rejected/recycled parts.

We have been offered the Pandora LCD for as little as $11 'recycled'. You can also buy CPUs, Socs, Batteries, everything, maybe it is just rejected quality and not recycled at all. Who knows.

Things like LCDs, socketed CPUs, or batteries are likely suspect to find used sales of since they're easily removed and fairly easily tested. Now SoCs with hundreds of pins, usually BGAs and often with memory packaged on top? I'm skeptical that anyone is selling such a thing that has been removed from assembly.

my first look at the situation is this... the PSP VITA is comming out/is out and Sony being the respectable company they are must have some serious QC going on in their factory. The specs on these yinlips and jxd s7100 are stricking similar cortex A9 etc etc...

There is nothing related to the Vita in these Chinese consoles. They are based on an amlogic design like loads of other tablets currently being sold such as for instance the iRobot.

There is a big market in China for rejected/recycled parts.

We have been offered the Pandora LCD for as little as $11 'recycled'. You can also buy CPUs, Socs, Batteries, everything, maybe it is just rejected quality and not recycled at all. Who knows.
$11 is good money for something pulled out of the trash bin.  Considering what typical jobs pay in China, it's not surprising there is a big market for this.

Thanks, babe. :wub:

Anywayz~

I know ChinaGrabber is a dodgy website and people have claimed them to be scammers, but that doesn't stop me from being seriously confused about the below.

Standard JXD S7100 with resistive touch screen

http://chinagrabber.com/jxd-s7100-gaming-tablet-pc-w.aspx

[*]Screen: 7" 800x480 touch screen( resistive screen)

Also, I think they're meant to say CPU, not GPU.

And is it Android 2.2 or 2.3? Where's the multi-touch gone to?

Where's the 8GB disappeared to?

Premium JXD S7100 with 5-point touchsceen, ARM Cortex A9 CPU, Mali 400 CPU, 512MB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage, 0.3MP front camera, 2.0 megapixel rear camera, HDMI-out and of course Wifi

http://chinagrabber.com/jxd-s7100-android-2-2-gaming-tablet-pc---7-0-capacitive-a9-apad-16gb.aspx

Does the screen have an 920*1080 resolution or 1920*1080 resolution?

One more thing...8GB model or 16GB model? WTF?

http://www.apad.tv/apadforum/showthread.php?2079-JXD-S7100-Tablet-PC-7-quot-Capacitive-Gaming-A9-2.3-Reviews

Last edited by a moderator:
Chinagrabber had 2 versions, but isharegifts only one (capacitive screen).. until today that is.

http://www.isharegifts.com/jxd-s7100-andriod-retro-game-console-tablet-mp4-p-1613.html

Price went up as from 139.99 to 149.99 and the strangest adjustment is that they now included the option to buy a restistive version for 25$ *more*.

Wouldn't surprise me if they will be very sorry sending the wrong device and having mixed up the two. But we will see...

693346_o.gif

Yep. Just got confirmation they made a mistake and were planning on sending a JXD S7100 with resistive screen. Mine wasn't sent yet so I tranferred 25$ and they will send the one with a capacity screen.

Not sure if they did this intentionally or it is just amateurism.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh, why did you give them an extra $25?
I am pretty sure if I didn't gave it to them, they would have refunded and I am willing to pay 25$ more for a capacity screen. I know they initially explicitly added capacity screen in their site, but I like to pick my battles and I don't think I would have won this one. So I just didn't bother.

Chinagrabber had 2 versions, but isharegifts only one (capacitive screen).. until today that is. http://www.isharegifts.com/jxd-s7100-andriod-retro-game-console-tablet-mp4-p-1613.html Price went up as from 139.99 to 149.99 and the strangest adjustment is that they now included the option to buy a restistive version for 25$ *more*. Wouldn't surprise me if they will be very sorry sending the wrong device and having mixed up the two. But we will see...

I do hope they sent me a capacitive version.... When I ordered mine there was only *ONE* model....

I do hope they sent me a capacitive version.... When I ordered mine there was only *ONE* model....

It is a real risk that you will receive a resistive one if you don't contact them. I also suspect they haven't sent them at all and are waiting for production to be finalised. Haven't seen anyone receiving one yet and they were on stock december 24th.

In every mail I received they are telling me to be patient and to expect a delay because of New Year Holiday. Their site is still not updated with correct information and status of my order is still "processing". What is yours?

Default setting on their site is capacitive and selecting resistive should cost 25$ more, but this is what they add:

"Currently, there are two version for JXD S7100. One is with capacitive screen and one is resistive. Kindly select the version before you buy otherwise we will send you the resistive one."

Nah... I don't trust them.

These Chinese people are so unreliable and untrustworthy!!!
three questions id like to know before i take the plunge 1)is it a dual or single core? 2)is it overclockable? 3)is that an anolog nub on the left?

cheers caz

Back