Latest Build News

Iorgy77 said:
WizardStan said:
quartercast said:
The second? I'm not that rich, I can only afford one pandora. I will send it back once production has been ramped up and QC issues have been ironed out. I believe each batch will get better and better.
The second, as in a device so broken you seemingly can't use it for its intended purpose. As you said, you're only using it as an external battery. Surely you could have parted with that external battery for a few weeks, no? You are doing nothing but depriving yourself of a useful device. I don't understand why you would not be eager to get it replaced as quickly as possible. If you were to buy a PSP or NDS, would you not return it at the first sign of fault?

Its like you didnt even read his post.

I feel so neglected :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Timstertoo said:
That would bring the 3750-4000 group (which I probably belong to too) end of october in a perfect world.

So personally I'm hoping it arrives before my birthday and that's 29th of dec B)

I'm hoping against hope that mine is here before I get another birthday of "I didn't get you anything, as you've got that Pandora coming". Said birthday is Oct. 29th, mind, so it's not looking likely :(

I'm at 400-500, apparently - ordered at 16:20ish on 30th Sept 2008.

D.

I think it's likely Dunny. I'm not prepared to lay any bets on the whole first batch, but surely (surely!) yours will be in the next lot of 170 boards (and 1500 cases) due in the next week or so. Surely.

hmm just noticed my confirmation mail was 2:43pm
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 30 Sep 2008 14:43:32.0048 (UTC) FILETIME=[E8E11500:01C9230A]

....wheres me Pandora got to?!?!

Gruso said:
I think it's likely Dunny. I'm not prepared to lay any bets on the whole first batch, but surely (surely!) yours will be in the next lot of 170 boards (and 1500 cases) due in the next week or so. Surely.

I'm not so sure. I was told back in ... May? Yes, that was it - I was told it should be delivered within the week. And that was when confidence was so high that people were literally wetting themselves on the forum. And I can't see that anything has really gone wrong (other than the nubs) and it's still taking forever, so the prediction of October seems a tad premature by about 6 months.

But I'm not gonna whine about it :)

D.

quartercast said:
Iorgy77 said:
Its like you didnt even read his post.
I feel so neglected :(
I did read it. You talk about not having enough for two, which is irrelevant, and sending it back when production ramps up, which is the part that doesn't make any sense. You complained about things that are fixable, and should be fixed. Complaining about them on the board does not get them fixed. Contacting for an RMA gets them fixed. Craig even said they had another 100 ready to go. Prometheus got one of those 100 when she sent hers in for RMA. Why are you waiting for production to ramp up, complaining about the build quality of the device you're choosing not to return, when there are devices waiting for you that you can easily swap with right now?

I seriously doubt that all of the September 30th 2008 ordered will be shipped by October at the rate this is going. I am one of these people and I know there are tons more. The batch 2 people hoping to get units by the end of the year are out of their mind!

WizardStan said:
I did read it. You talk about not having enough for two, which is irrelevant

I'm sorry, I misunderstood the part where you mentioned "second".

WizardStan said:
Complaining about them on the board does not get them fixed. Contacting for an RMA gets them fixed. Craig even said they had another 100 ready to go. Prometheus got one of those 100 when she sent hers in for RMA. Why are you waiting for production to ramp up, complaining about the build quality of the device you're choosing not to return, when there are devices waiting for you that you can easily swap with right now?

If you read through this thread and others on this board, you'd be aware that some users here are on their second or third replacement because of QC issues. I imagine it'd cost me $20+ to send my unit back from Australia, I'd hate to think that I'd have to send a second unit back just because I wasn't patient enough to wait a little. I only got my unit a month ago, it's not like its an early unit. I'm happy waiting, and once in a while having a dig :)

quartercast said:
If you read through this thread and others on this board, you'd be aware that some users here are on their second or third replacement because of QC issues. I imagine it'd cost me $20+ to send my unit back from Australia, I'd hate to think that I'd have to send a second unit back just because I wasn't patient enough to wait a little. I only got my unit a month ago, it's not like its an early unit. I'm happy waiting, and once in a while having a dig :)
And if you'd read other threads in this board, you'd be aware that Craig's shop is offering to refund shipping costs for genuine manufacturing issues. :p
If yours is really as bad as you've made it out to be, I'd be willing to bet they'd gladly refund your shipping just to get a look at something that went so very wrong, so as to try and prevent it in the future.

relapse808 said:
I seriously doubt that all of the September 30th 2008 ordered will be shipped by October at the rate this is going. I am one of these people and I know there are tons more. The batch 2 people hoping to get units by the end of the year are out of their mind!

According to the newsletter I responded to when I ordered from the second batch, I'm guaranteed to receive mine by Christmas.

emcee said:
According to the newsletter I responded to when I ordered from the second batch, I'm guaranteed to receive mine by Christmas.

Mmmm, where did I heard that before?

emcee said:

Was that in the same newsletter that guaranteed you pills that can make your knob inches larger, and that you've won the Somali Lottery but have to transfer some money before they can process the winnings?

WizardStan said:
And if you'd read other threads in this board, you'd be aware that Craig's shop is offering to refund shipping costs for genuine manufacturing issues. :p
If yours is really as bad as you've made it out to be, I'd be willing to bet they'd gladly refund your shipping just to get a look at something that went so very wrong, so as to try and prevent it in the future.

Heh? I must have missed those posts, and I'd expect to be told this by GBAX. This is all I got:

Hello Peter,

I am so sorry as it appears I missed your previous email.

Would you please return your Pandora and include a brief note with your order number and the reason for the return - or print off these emails.

The current turnaround time is 7/14 days.

Return address:

OpenPandora Ltd
26 Meadow Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE15 7LP
UK

Kind regards
Jacquelyn

Edit: My Pandora is now on its way back for repairs. I hope you're right about the refund!

Back