Lemmy is no more

Garrett

Advanced Member
There is no easy way to say this…our mighty, noble friend Lemmy passed away today after a short battle with an extremely aggressive cancer. He had learnt of the disease on December 26th, and was at home, sitting in front of his favorite video game from The Rainbow which had recently made it’s way down the street, with his family.

We cannot begin to express our shock and sadness, there aren’t words.

We will say more in the coming days, but for now, please…play Motörhead loud, play Hawkwind loud, play Lemmy’s music LOUD.
Have a drink or few.

Share stories.

Celebrate the LIFE this lovely, wonderful man celebrated so vibrantly himself.

HE WOULD WANT EXACTLY THAT.

Ian ‘Lemmy’ Kilmister

1945 -2015

Born to lose, lived to win.

Please feel free to post your condolences, well wishes and memories on our official tribute page: https://www.facebook.com/lemmykilmisterforlife

Not much more I can say.. Thanks Lemmy, many happy times listening to your music & off to do some more now

Three days from cancer diagnosis to death? Woah.

2015's most famous frags:

Leonard Nimoy
Terry Pratchett
B.B. King
Christopher Lee
James Horner
Omar Sharif
Tom Moore
Wes Craven
Helmut Schmidt
Ian Fraser "Lemmy" Kilmister

Still three days to go...

Last edited:
2015 was kind of a sad year. I can´t say that I was a fan of Motörhead but still RIP Lemmy.
Leonard Nimoy, Terry Pratchett and Christopher Lee were to me the saddest losts, not wanting to lessen the other losts..
I just love Diskworld and Christopher Lee was just incredible, not many may know that but he spoke also the German synchronization
in some his movies. His voice had so much power... But this is about Lemmy, sry my brain went a bit on :D

He was probably diagnosed way too late - that happens. Sometimes you mistake the cancer for something else and when you get a diagnosis it's too late to do anything.
I know and that's what I thought.
A former friend of mine (20yo girl) tried to get a diagnosis for her problems for about 7 months, nobody took her seriously, first she was sent home with Ibuprofen, later sent to a physiotherapist which didn't help until she broke down.
Turned out she had cancer in/from her lymph gland in the third of four stages by then. It was visible from the outside and had already grown along her spine and was crawling throughout her body. Yeah, of course you are tensed up when a large tumour is strangling all your innards!

Cancer is a bitch, my mommy is currently surviving it.. I hope it stays that way, ok to be precise I hope it stays so that she doesn´t suffer and can go without to much pain :(

Leonard Nimoy
Terry Pratchett
B.B. King
Christopher Lee
James Horner
Omar Sharif
Tom Moore
Wes Craven
Helmut Schmidt

We're not gonna mention Satoru Iwata? And Garrett, wtf is up with your signature?

I assume you mean excessive blank lines? He should fill those with more quotes from George Carlin, he was awesome.
One that is quite on topic:
“So, have a little fun. Soon enough you'll be dead and burning in Hell with the rest of your family.”

Leonard Nimoy
Terry Pratchett
B.B. King
Christopher Lee
James Horner
Omar Sharif
Satoru Iwata
Tom Moore
Wes Craven
Helmut Schmidt

+ Ian Murdock...

[QUOTE="DaMummy, post: 1362392, member: 17757"And Garrett, wtf is up with your signature?[/QUOTE]

Apologies, believe it or not never noticed before.. now amended

Its a shame i ditnt listen to this realy cool band bevore this..
but now the "Bad Magic" CD is on my Ipod Touch, and its realy realy awesome..

Rest in Peace mister Killmister ..

Back