Lets Discuss The New Cases

This is exactly the kind of vague comments Craigix likes to give and leave us hanging and why so many are getting fed up. Not so much with the delays but lack of whats going on. whats the sit with these cases. How many more samples (2 weeks at a time) do we need? Did this bunch at least fix most of the main issues or did they then cause others what???

Please stay calm. We don't even know how much info Craig has got right now. Lets just wait for clarification and speculate later :)

You can't show fullspeed N64 emulation, and keep delaying this damn thing. I'ts @#$%ing torture! :angry: Most of the users will probably damage there unit wihtin a couple of weeks anyway, so let's just go with the cases as is!

Chris

jumpman said:
Most of the users will probably damage there unit wihtin a couple of weeks anyway, so let's just go with the cases as is!

Huh? Am I missing something? Is a mass blending planned?

Last edited by a moderator:
GunPei2X said:
jumpman said:
Most of the users will probably damage there unit wihtin a couple of weeks anyway, so let's just go with the cases as is!

Huh? Am I missing something? Is a mass blending planned?

lmao I spit coke up my nose

jumpman said:
You can't show fullspeed N64 emulation, and keep delaying this damn thing. I'ts @#$%ing torture! :angry: Most of the users will probably damage there unit wihtin a couple of weeks anyway, so let's just go with the cases as is!

Chris
You are joking right? I've bought silk gloves just to use with it :p

Lets wait what Craig, or quite better MWeston or EvilDragon says to this Delay, the information of craig is good to disinformat the peaple, meybe there isnt so bad how the peaple think, and the faktory makes 10000 the mp cases whitout problems for next week?

mali said:
Please stay calm. We don't even know how much info Craig has got right now. Lets just wait for clarification and speculate later :)
Yeah Mali, your right! I'm letting my emotions get the better of me. I'm normally defending these delays, but I guess every man has his limits! I better stay off the forums for a few days, and come back with a fresh outlook! I still want my Pandora in "2 weeks" Craig! Don't let me down! :lol:

Chris

I guess that MWeston get those cases The 31st December. Test them, find some to polish, send message to China and they will send next test run at Monday.

jumpman said:
You can't show fullspeed N64 emulation, and keep delaying this damn thing.

...? AFAIK, We do not have fullspeed N64 emulation, but we do have playable N64 emulation.

Also, is anyone else not concerned that we are getting dangerously close to that damn Chinese New Year?

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
jumpman said:

...? AFAIK, We do not have fullspeed N64 emulation, but we do have playable N64 emulation.

Also, is anyone else not concerned that we are getting dangerously close to that damn Chinese New Year?

-God Ginrai
No, I think christmas is still possible ;)

God Ginrai said:
jumpman said:

-God Ginrai
I know allot of N64 games don't run, and some run very slow, but the 3 Craig showed in his last video looked fulspeed to me! I've played mario 64 and starfox to 100% completetion, and they look very smooth and fullspeed to me. I wasn't refering to all N64 games!

Chris

halfway through febuary is chinese new years, so i'm not that worried.. hopefully they should all be shipped by then

Paradox said:
halfway through febuary is chinese new years, so i'm not that worried.. hopefully they should all be shipped by then
You should be very worried, we all should be very worried!

Chris

jumpman said:
God Ginrai said:
jumpman said:

-God Ginrai
I know allot of N64 games don't run, and some run very slow, but the 3 Craig showed in his last video looked fulspeed to me! I've played mario 64 and starfox to 100% completetion, and they look very smooth and fullspeed to me. I wasn't refering to all N64 games!

Chris

They run at good speed, but I doubt that is fullspeed. Also, we have no idea whether Craig was using Frameskip or not. My guess is that he was.

-God Ginrai

Yesterday, ED said that the case Micheal got today contained all the crucial changes. So I think Micheal will be able to tell us whether mass production is going to start soon or not in a few hours.

The other cases which are being sent tomorrow contain only cosmetic changes, according to ED. I suppose the Chinese company is not going to have a free slot for our cases before the end of next week or even later anyway. So they just sent some extra cases for review in the meantime. This would mean that Micheal has still a couple of days left to check the cases with the cosmetic changes, too, before he gives his approvial to the Chinese. But that doesn't mean that anything hinges on the cases with the slight cosmetic changes.

They run at good speed, but I doubt that is fullspeed. Also, we have no idea whether Craig was using Frameskip or not. My guess is that he was.

-God Ginrai

Mario looked full speed to me... But I am used to the Pal version so maybe it was slower than the american...

mali said:
Is this info from IRC? ED didn't post on the boards yesterday, at all :huh:

He posted it on the German forum.

I translated his posting for the English forum yesterday.

For the people who missed it:

ED wrote:

My knowledge about the current status is limited because I am shipping lots of Wiz handhelds when I am not at my regular work. Therefore the Pandora OS and CE tests were my priorities.

What I know so far: The test cases which have all the errors we complained about fixed, have been on their way since Dez 23 or 24. They will be enough to do the final test and give the green light. In one part of the case there is still a slight shrinking according to the Chinese company. It is already worked on and is due on Friday. This issue will not get in the way of giving the green light as it is a mere cosmetic procedure. If Micheal gives the green light on Friday, everything will be done so far.

The Chinese are giving their best not to tinker for too long with the case now as we have paid our bill already and any additional work will be their loss.

Back