Let's go - Help wanted :) (2012-10-01)

I notice the stock on ED's shop is getting pretty low (for both standard and 1Ghz models). I wonder if this latest push has been quite effective. Also I'm wondering if Craig got his tax rebait yet? Now that the KS campaign is over any chance of an update?

The pre-order queue must be getting lower... Say sub-300?

I don't know if I missed it, but:

ED - did you zip up those Pandora resources and make it available for download?

I have a few jobs on my plate now, but am still keen to play around with making some Pandora banners and graphics in my spare time.

I think you can find this on the wikki.

I may have one around here as I asked the same thing a while ago.

Let me know if you can´t find it.

I made a donation to the "save the original pre-orders" fund.

ED, could you please show on the donation page the total amount donated so far?

Doesn't have to be up to date all the time, just update it manually from time to time.

I figure that would be good for transparency / morale / whatever.

Or you could post the total here, but I think it belongs on the donation page too.

ED I am a 1GHz Test batch preorder in Craigs stuck queue I have paid him $699, if I crossgrade to purchase a 1GHz unit from you by paying the 315,13 € whats happens to the extra I paid Craig? Do I kiss it goodbye?

Last edited by a moderator:
Kiss AND wave goodbye to it as I have done. It's a helluva lot of money to flush down the toilet though, believe me I know. The extra money to Ed to get out of that endless loop of unknown bullshit from Craig was a small price to pay for me.

I honestly do not know how the original pre-orderers have kept their sanity for this long. My respect and sympathy to each and every one of 'em. It's because of them I could never ask for a refund from Craig and put further delay on their devices - as much as I bloody well wanted to considering the use of my 700 bucks was washed away without my consent or knowledge until after the fucking fact...

I only hope my cross update has helped someone else get their Pandora a little sooner.

ED I am a 1GHz Test batch preorder in Craigs stuck queue I have paid him $699, if I crossgrade to purchase a 1GHz unit from you by paying the 315,13 € whats happens to the extra I paid Craig? Do I kiss it goodbye?

I dare say you'll get the money back, when Craig is back in the black. It might take a while. I'll continue donating toward that goal. Send me a kiss to say thanks when you get it. Be glad you didn't lose 300K with no hope of return, like Craig did.

Or just funded a refund from craigs shop.
Which makes the queue shorter, so someone could get there pandora a little sooner ;)

I wonder who the longest person to wait will be. I'm 4 years and 12 days so far, I know there are people a little longer though at the moment.

Hrrm. I'm not sure how it works between the two companies but each unit refunded implies one unit in the red. Another would have to be sold, or thereabouts, to get back to zero, and yet another sold to generate profit.

Also I found out that the Raspberry PI's have upgraded from 256mb to 512mb for the same price of $35. Just thought that interesting. :)

Or just funded a refund from craigs shop.
Which makes the queue shorter, so someone could get there pandora a little sooner ;)

I wonder who the longest person to wait will be. I'm 4 years and 12 days so far, I know there are people a little longer though at the moment.

Now that you said that I wonder too, I believe the queues have a great change of disappearing this year, so I guess the longest waiting hero should get something on recognition? (I´m serious).

Maybe a t-shirt with the words on it:

"I waited five years and finally I got it with this t-shirt"

Edit:

Or: "Last but not least"

Other ideas?

Yeah, where our avatars have 'Members' written beneath, that patient soul should get a golden tagline of some sort...

Perhaps 'Saint' would be suitable [patience of a Saint]

Back