Let's go - Help wanted :) (2012-10-01)

I would love to do the 1GHz upgrade but it's just out of budget for me atm. :mellow:

So all I can do to help is making a small donation...

Hope this will all sort out soon! :mellow:

Can I just say I greatly appreciate all those people cross upgrading, and paying extra to clear Craig's queue.

Also every who can't afford an upgrade and are holding tight (not requesting refunds).

You're all doing a great job resolving the situation. <3

Seems totally unfair to expect more money to transfer the order over to ED. I never asked to be placed on Craig's queue for the Pandora when I ordered. Why should I be made to suffer for it?

I was promised with the upgrade, that I would have it within a few months. Suddenly that's now an impossible dream.

I hope the people crossordering as given some heavy discounts if they are going to do business with OP again.

So.... *again* .... what's the ETA for delivery on Craig's queue? .... I'm half excepting his iControlPad2 to eat the rest of his time up so that nobody sees anything for another year.

I'm not throwing good money after bad, so I'm going to hang on his queue regardless.

The situation is pretty shitty mate, but at least Ed is offering some light at the end of the tunnel where as he could have quite easily washed his hands of all Craig's 'problems' and only concentrated on his own customers.

Honestly, I'm just happy to be out of Craig's shadow (and in doing so freeing up a spot in that bloody cue). For future reference I am keeping all Pandora related purchases with Ed as the difference between the two is very black and white.

Seems totally unfair to expect more money to transfer the order over to ED. I never asked to be placed on Craig's queue for the Pandora when I ordered. Why should I be made to suffer for it?

I was promised with the upgrade, that I would have it within a few months. Suddenly that's now an impossible dream.

I hope the people crossordering as given some heavy discounts if they are going to do business with OP again.

So.... *again* .... what's the ETA for delivery on Craig's queue? .... I'm half excepting his iControlPad2 to eat the rest of his time up so that nobody sees anything for another year.

I'm not throwing good money after bad, so I'm going to hang on his queue regardless.
While it is unfair, it's certainly not expected of you, but unfortunately, this is the only way that ED can bail Craig's customers out. Lot's other forum members are also donating to help clear the queue, including myself.

Please note that I already have my Pandora so I'm not donating to get the queue down quicker, because I'm also waiting, I'm doing it because this preorder queue needs to go!

So if you can't or don't want to pay the cross-upgrade fee then all you can do is wait or donate a little to ED's clear the queue fund(Which does contribute to all exisiting preorderers.)

Not sure if I want to start a new thread ... but this is design help ... so I'm putting it in here. Sorry if I'm interrupting something. :ph34r:

I wanna share this little bit that I've done recently. I'm working on a special design project for our dear Panda. These here are some design tests that ultimately didn't make the cut.

Things I'm experimenting with are a new font that better fits the logo, coloring and overall message of the design.

Hope this gives some of you guys some cool ideas!

And remember … kerning, kerning and more kerning!

sansationL.png

sansationR.png

open.png

retro%20drafting1.png

future1.png

burst.png

burst2.png

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Love that last one. Looks like the perfect "click here to enter" page for an official website. Could even click on the word 'Open' to.....well, open the site :D Very nice.

Nice, what I like about that rainbow color theme is that it reminds me of Amiga/Commodore, and with that washed-out colors it has an overall retro-feel to it. Still the entire design is very modern, what you'd expect from a cool flash-game or overpolished phone-app (I guess).

Whenever I try to achieve something like this in a design I fail horribly, I never manage to get that "It's 2012"-feel, I'm always stuck with "yeah ... looks kinda old" :p

I agree that one of the last two would be a nice "intro" for a webpage. Actually it would be pretty cool as loading screen (it should say "opening ..." then, maybe with a bouncing heart?) or start page for the first time install wizzard on the Pandora itself!

Not sure if I want to start a new thread ... but this is design help ... so I'm putting it in here. Sorry if I'm interrupting something. :ph34r:

I wanna share this little bit that I've done recently. I'm working on a special design project for our dear Panda. These here are some design tests that ultimately didn't make the cut.

Things I'm experimenting with are a new font that better fits the logo, coloring and overall message of the design.

Nice work traylorpark. Esp. like - burst2, future1 and sansationR.

Cheers

The last two of those imagesets are the ones! As been said, really conjures up the Spectrum/C64/Amiga/Classic Mac. Lovely.

Hey guys, those are some very nice words! Thanks a lot! You are all welcome to use these images in any way you want. Also, if you want small modifications to something, I might be able to accommodate.

I'd really like to see some more design ideas from the community! I'd be happy to help out with some crits if people want them. The more, the better for sure.

Hey guys, those are some very nice words! Thanks a lot! You are all welcome to use these images in any way you want. Also, if you want small modifications to something, I might be able to accommodate.
If nothing else, they make great wallpapers and screensavers on my computers! ;)

Thanks again!

Back