Liero!

Rico

Certified Guru
Website
Visit site
Liero runs on a 386, and doesn't require networking or anything!

Now the original Liero is hard to port, as it's closed source, you'd have to build it from scratch. However numerous Liero remakes exist.

I would suggest NiL - "NiL isn't Liero", it's very close to Liero but adds networking and transparency.

I guess it would offer play against computer, or over the wireless network for 4-player matches :) Plus it only requires three buttons plus movement (fire, change, jump) the fourth button could be ninja rope (usually change+jump).

I can see a lot of possibility in this, as Liero is one of the most popular freeware PC games of all time.

If anybody would be remotely interested, consider this idea. Maybe we could get a team together.

- Rico

That would be good, Liero use sdl of my knowledge and i think the sdk is very similar to and engine like sdl. Yeah so it might be possible to convert it into gp software.

do you know how to use CVS as we could set up a sourceforge team?

What we could do is to comment out all the sdl specific code and take out all the networking feature have the code the compile to start from, then we can start concentrating on different parts of the programming.

Back