Liking posts clickthrough

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
When liking posts (at least those of advanced users and newbies, not sure I've liked a mod on the new boards yet), I have to click 'yes' on a 'do you really want to like this post?' clickthrough page.

While testing these boards before release that only applied to certain categories of users, and that was considered a mistake. I assumed the fix was to make likes take only one click for all users, but it seems the guard has been used on almost everyone's account instead.

Hrm... as a moderator and you're an advanced member, it seems that I can just like your post and not get a yes or no prompt. odd behavio(u)r indeed.

I didn't even know such thing exists, I'll check if I find some permission settings here.

Hmm, I just checked, it doesn't seem there's a setting for this.
Can you post a screenshot of that message?

Could it be some setting / Addon of your browser?

When liking posts (at least those of advanced users and newbies, not sure I've liked a mod on the new boards yet), I have to click 'yes' on a 'do you really want to like this post?' clickthrough page.
Just liked and unliked this post of yours, no prompts here.

I haven't seen it since the upgrade but I was getting that message on the Test boards. I thought it was because I was in the "Supporter" group on the old boards which resulted in me being moderated there.

-Neelix

Hmm, I just checked, it doesn't seem there's a setting for this.
Can you post a screenshot of that message?

Could it be some setting / Addon of your browser?

It could be a setting; I'm not presently running with Javascript enabled, but I don't think I'm running any addons that could impact this. It does appear to be a page generated by your server, judging by the navigation bar at the top of it.

Attachments

• likeguard.jpg
    likeguard.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 193
Found info on the XenForo site:
This happens when users click the Like control before the page has finished loading and the JavaScript has fully initialised.

So, if you're running with Javascript disabled, then that happens.

I'm actually surprised they accommodate for javascript-less users still.

Back