Linux On Gba

acrimonious

Still Fresh
So i've got Linux running on an iPaq, a Dreamcast and of course my fantastic GP32 and appeared to have developed a habit along the way.

I've heard stories, some of which i found to be complete hoaxes, about running Linux on the GBA.

Anyone got any links/experience they could share on the topic?

Best (read: only) one i've found so far is here: http://wwwhsse.fh-hagenberg.at/Studierende/hse02006/uclgba/

Cheers

it work fine on GP32 ;) and you can even get a keyboard ;p
with the sooooooo cheap price of the excellent G32 Blu in Liksang i would advice you to make the move & come to join us ;p at less you would be sure to enjoy Linux on the way ;p

[/end of gp32_console ad]

Well, I mean, it's kind of usefull on the GP32. It can display HTML, PDF, play Flash etc. etc. But the GBA?! The GBA has almost no memory (About 0.5MB RAM), so it can't play shit... Correct me if I'm wrong :)

Tristan posted on Jul 16 2004 at 10:08 AM said:
Well, I mean, it's kind of usefull on the GP32. It can display HTML, PDF, play Flash etc. etc. But the GBA?! The GBA has almost no memory (About 0.5MB RAM), so it can't play shit... Correct me if I'm wrong :)
Don't forget the cpu isn't running 166MHz, and you should have a flash-card (but who hasn't <_< )

And it has a smaller screen, and didn't it have less colors ?

But I guess you could do something with it, but less then on the GP32.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tidus said:
with the sooooooo cheap price of the excellent G32 Blu in Liksang i would advice you to make the move & come to join us ;p at less you would be sure to enjoy Linux on the way ;p

I already have, as mentioned in my first post.

Tristan said:
Well, I mean, it's kind of usefull on the GP32. It can display HTML, PDF, play Flash etc. etc. But the GBA?! The GBA has almost no memory (About 0.5MB RAM), so it can't play shit... Correct me if I'm wrong smile.gif

The crapper the console, the funner the challenge i say.

foog said:
id like to mess around w/ this. sounds cool. i cant really figure out how to use it....... what do you dl for the gba?

I don't know, that site is confusing as hell, it just seems to ramble on about the architechture of the GBA and not about actually getting uClinux on the damn thing.

That's why i'm posting here, to see if anyone has any more info or links to it.

Tristan posted on Jul 16 2004 at 10:08 AM said:
software doesnt have to be run through RAM, everything can be launched from flash-cart.... much faster than smc ;)
and most guys have 16MB or 32MB flash-carts.

Back