List of PSX games you plan/hope to play

Looking fantastic Zoddttt! Main reason for getting a pandora and it looks like I won't be disappointed.

And to whoever says the PSP can do theses full speed - The Pandora has a much better button layout that is like the ps controller. On the psp you have 1 stick and only 1 shoulder button per side. Makes playing ps1 games pretty tough. Especially newer PS1 games that rely on complex button combos.

Castlevania - Symphony of the Night is the one I am most excited about. If you have not tried this game, it is the best in the series I feel.
Road Rash
Road Rash 3D
Die-Hard Trilogy
Army Men 3D
Mortal Kombat Trilogy - Using the 1 button fatalities cheat, this is again, an awesome game.
Tomba 1 is also plain awesome, nice to see Tomba love here.
Jet Moto 2
Spyro's are also awesome.
Alien Trilogy
Bio F.R.E.A.K.S.
Bloody Roar 2
Gex series - Hilarious humor in here
Guilty Gear
MDK
War Gods
And last but not least on my newest can't wait to play list - World's Scariest Police Chases. It is awesome.

MaskingTape said:
On the psp you have 1 stick and only 1 shoulder button per side. Makes playing ps1 games pretty tough. Especially newer PS1 games that rely on complex button combos.

Pandora only has 1 shoulder button per side

the pandora also has 44 other keys, and very rarely is every single button on the ps1 used frequently in ps1 games.

Yeah, we'll just use key remapping. If everything fails, you can still use keyboard buttons for less frequently used buttons. maybe have XML files specifying button layouts for games?

It will probably be like psx4iphone, or similar. Anyone know what that's like?

Ooops. Yeah it only has 1 shoulder button per side. My mistake. Still has that extra analog stick tho! :) Plus that full keyboard will really help.

will we have the same issues with game freezes etc and having to use different ID codes for games like Resident Evil 2 to avoid it freezing as you enter the police station? This was a problem on the psp

silvercroc said:
will we have the same issues with game freezes etc and having to use different ID codes for games like Resident Evil 2 to avoid it freezing as you enter the police station? This was a problem on the psp
Of course not. That's an, err, "feature" specific of pops. Our emulator is not dependant of gimmicks like that :D

It's Tinnus here BTW. Had a problem with my keyboard and registered the wrong name by accident. Now it won't let me change it or re-register with the name address <_< (would really like it if some admin or moderator could fix it...)

Tinns said:
silvercroc said:
Of course not. That's an, err, "feature" specific of pops. Our emulator is not dependant of gimmicks like that :D

It's Tinnus here BTW. Had a problem with my keyboard and registered the wrong name by accident. Now it won't let me change it or re-register with the name address <_< (would really like it if some admin or moderator could fix it...)

lol good stuff, what about action replay / gameshark??

i want to play through xenogears again but without the annoying random battles, just want to enjoy the story again without this!

Whats the % of compatability on psx games then? I assume it uses Eboots still?

Tinns said:
Doesn't look like the names can be changed, I'm afraid. You could try to get EvilDragon to manually change it in the database but, seeing as this is your only post so far, it's probably easier if you just make a new account.

MDave said:
silvercroc said:
I assume it uses Eboots still?

EBOOTS are PSP specifc. Do you use eboots to emulate ps1 games on your pc? :lol: It's going to be iso and bin formats, most likely.

cool, sorry if it was a dumb question, i've only done homebrew / emulation on psp really, not gone higher than mame on my pc either

MDave said:
silvercroc said:
I assume it uses Eboots still?

EBOOTS are PSP specifc. Do you use eboots to emulate ps1 games on your pc? :lol: It's going to be iso and bin formats, most likely.

Tinnus has says He's going to support EBOOTs as well. For that matter there's no reason PC emulators could allow that support as well now since the format format eboots is known. Are there actually any PSX emulators still being worked on?

Edit: Just wanted to ensure new users don't get confused, but he said it could be used for loading the game and highly unlikely alot of the XMB (multimedia) specific stuff would be supported.

Back