kukacster

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi,
I ordered a pandora to my son who does only speaks Hungarian. I think it is time to make the localisation. How to proceed? And how to remapping the keyboard? I would like to ensure that his experience will optimal.

Not sure why no-one has any help for you. Maybe you could try the German boards? Possibly there would be more people there who are not comfortable with English?

I think the os is in English only right now, but since its open source its possible to translate the os. Its possible to switch keymats for other languages. If there is enough demand they might produce some.

PhillipJ said:
Not sure why no-one has any help for you. Maybe you could try the German boards? Possibly there would be more people there who are not comfortable with English?
It should be possible to change the language of all standard Linux programs without too much fuzz, but without having a Pandora to experiment with, it's hard to say exactly how you'd do it.
Assuming the Pandora doesn't come with translations preinstalled, you'd have to install a language pack, and then fiddle with some settings. I think we'll be more than happy to help you with that when we've figured it out ourselves.

The keyboard layout could be a little harder, as the Pandora has fewer keys than a standard computer keyboard. If possible, the easiest thing would be to use the compose key feature of the standard layout. Else you or another Hungarian user may have to figure out how to exactly how you want to map the keys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back