Untechnical mother needs help!

Trevlik when did you order this, if it was recently you probably won't have a christmas gift. However if your son really wants a pandora better hold on to this order and get him a nice big SD card.

Great idea on the paper Pandora. :)

If he's been following the project then a delay shouldn't surprise him too much. A pre-order slot is still an awesome gift.

Thank you I'm sure he will be delighted. Thank you to all of you who replied to my plea. I will be sure to reccommend my son to this site where he will make a lot more sense than me. Thanks.

Trevlik when did you order this, if it was recently you probably won't have a christmas gift. However if your son really wants a pandora better hold on to this order and get him a nice big SD card.

Only paid for it last week, but wish they had said as I did speak to a real person - as opposed to an e mail - and they knew I was buying it for a Christmas present. Still don't mind if I only have to wait weeks but hope not longer than that. I knew it had been a long time in production with various problems, but wasn't aware of recent ones, still I guess better late than never.

seriously, what kind of mother buys her son something like an OpenPandora, and where can i find/hire/adopt such a mother?

Last edited by a moderator:
seriously, what kind of mother buys her son something like an OpenPandora, and where can i find/hire/adopt such a mother?

Yeah seriously, My Mom bought me one of those stuffed animal dogs that Bark for Christmas.. when I was 28..

Trevlik is a Parental Hero.. well once the Pandoras ship again.

my mum bought me mine for Christmas; except I had to put forward $100 for it.

Hello everyone, just thought I'd sign up and post to point out that Trevlik is my Mother, and it is an awesome Christmas present - albeit an IOU for now! :D

I am now eagerly watching for news on building and shipping, waiting for my delivery!

Thank you to everyone for helping my Mom out, if you guys hadn't have mentioned the delays she wouldn't have known about them, as in all the e-mails she was told it was all on time for Christmas!

I hope everybody is having a good Christmas :)
Nice first post!

Don't worry about the wait, check out the Videos Evildragon made for some Pandora to hold you over till yours ships. It is worth every penny once its in your hands.

Peace & festive Eleven,

Link

in what form did you get your xmas present? was it like an IOU on a piece of paper in a huge heavy box? which had like 19 other boxes inside?

I wasn't aware of the delivery problem! They told me I'd have it for Christmas :(

:angry: We are still telling people this? :angry: WTF? I am glad these people are so good humored about it, but what a load of crap. I ordered 2 years ago, and I don't expect mine until next year AT LEAST. These people just ordered, and people are telling them to expect it before Christmas? :angry: Someone needs to apologize for their mis-communication to these nice people. I don't mind if people wait or got the wrong impression about the product(our website is confusing), but for the ordering email to tell them to expect a panda before Christmas is fraudulently deceptive. Oh? They meant NEXT YEAR!? Who does that? This is unacceptable behavior! I thought the OPT was above treating their customers like shit.

Thanks for the moolah! Here! Have some lies! MMMmmm! Thank you for the slap in the collective face OPT.

XxionxX look at the date that was posted, it was before we knew the board company been slacking off.. Christmas could of been a reality back then if things ended up differently.. This thread is old and was bumped by the happy son who found out he is going to get one eventually. No reason to get all worked up.

I do hope you have some patience lad. Given the date of your order I expect you'll have to wait at least three more months.

To be fair to the team, the person responsible for sales was very apologetic to my Mother in e-mails, and in fact - after some nagging - even went as far as to send me a gift certificate printed on some card in a polly-pocket which had my name on and everything, I mean it's probably only a MS Word job with a picture and my name typed on it, but it's a nice touch to apologise!

To answer what I was given as an IOU, it was a large box filled with Styrofoam inside which was the aforementioned gift certificate. I knew what it was as soon as I saw the picture and freaked out a little, sadly I didn't read it properly after seeing the picture and (despite having been suspicious due to it being a piece of paper, and the box was too light) I dug around in the Styrofoam for a bit in the Christmas excitement - much to my embarrassment :p

Still, huzzah for technically being the owner of a Pandora!

PS. I'm also a programmer, so I'm hoping to try my hand at developing some applications of my own! Although I may have to do some research on how to set up a dev environment for it...! :)

Hello, I'm new here.

I'm 15, and my mom also got me a Pandora for Christmas! It came on the same gift card you got, and I even got a printed out e-mail from the sales team explaining the delay, (the delay which I already knew about :p ).

It said to expect my Pandora in January, and my mother said she ordered back in October. Even if the delivery estimate is off, the wait will be definitely worth it, I'm so excited about getting one, period.

I'm just now starting to learn how to program, myself.

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself.

I've been waiting a few years myself, I just haven't been active in the community because it would seem a shorter wait if I distracted myself with other issues until it was finished - and then I never got around to buying one as a result of not thinking about it... thank heavens my Mom had her wits about her and thought of such an awesome gift!

I can wait, although they wrote on the gift certificate an estimated delivery date of January 2011, which sounds naive, but fingers crossed eh? :p

I could have easily typed this exact same post. haha.

Happy holidays, guys. Cheers.

-Nero

Hello, I'm new here.

I'm 15, and my mom also got me a Pandora for Christmas! It came on the same gift card you got, and I even got a printed out e-mail from the sales team explaining the delay, (the delay which I already knew about :p ).

It said to expect my Pandora in January, and my mother said she ordered back in October. Even if the delivery estimate is off, the wait will be definitely worth it, I'm so excited about getting one, period.

I'm just now starting to learn how to program, myself.

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself.

I could have easily typed this exact same post. haha.

Happy holidays, guys. Cheers.

-Nero

If things go smoothly from now on I'd say that the estimate you got may be off by only a month or two. That's a conservative, pessimistic guess, though. I ordered on Oct 20th, and that's the time I'm expecting it, anyways.

Back