Logitech Controller For Pandora

Can someone work on a driver for teh Logitech PC Cordless RumblePad 2?

I'm thinking make it work with like any app Then adding an option to make it work with only selected apps. Then again, what do I know I'm not a dev or programmer or w/e :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you need a driver for it? :p It should, as far as I know, just work as a standard USB HID controller, just as most other USB joypads do. (Unless you're meaning a driver for the rumble feature. :p)

I don't think computers work the way you seem to think they do. Controllers do not have anything to do with LCDs (well, except for those neat-o keyboards with built-in LCDS); your post was an almost complete non-sequitur.

What I'm saying is if someone can develop a driver (if needed) for the Logitech Cordless so it could work with any app. Or does it only require to be connected to the Pandora once via USB for it's Bluetooth pairing

'Raz' said:
What I'm saying is if someone can develop a driver (if needed) for the Logitech Cordless so it could work with any app. Or does it only require to be connected to the Pandora once via USB for it's Bluetooth pairing
son, what in the sam hill? Logitech's controllers use small usb hubs, not bluetooth

Well, it's wireless... And I was wondering if someone can make it work with the Pandora

www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/pc_gaming/gamepads/devices/287&cl=us,en

Raz - wireless can be done in many ways. Bluetooth is just one protocol. These Logitech dealies aren't Bluetooth. They operate in a similar RF band (just like Wifi, cordless phones, any number of other things) but they don't use the Bluetooth protocol, they use their own.

I understand that now.. Sorry for my n00bishness and rudeness, but hardware isn't my thing..

My question still remains on it being easily used by the Pandora or would it require some sort of library..

No. You will not need to install extra libraries. You do not need experience or skill. The necessary drivers are built into the kernel. If you aren't sure, it is probably plug and play. Prometheus already explained this! Are you only reading every other post in this thread?

My tech vocab is very low so excuse me.

I know Ive spammed and wasted a lot of your times, but just bare me, i gotta start somewhere

Thnx to all of you for explaining it to me

Raz, I feel I ought to explain what the acronyms I used meant. I sometimes forget that they're not as common-knowledge among some as they are among others, which probably didn't help. :p

USB you likely know, but "HID" means "Human Interface Device" - it's a specific type of USB device that, well, does as it describes, really. :p You tend to find that USB HID class items should be supported by just about anything that can make use of them (at least, this has been my experience). If you're interested in more details on this specifically, the below link (unfortunately from Wikipedia, so don't take everything on it as gospel) should give you the gist, at the least;

CODE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_HID

'DasFool' said:
I'm a fan of the Sega Saturn controller. Has anyone tried one of these?

CODE
http://cgi.ebay.com/SEGA-Saturn-SS-USB-Controller-Gamepad-PS3-PC-MAC-black_W0QQitemZ370171844510
I'm wondering if they are official Saturn pads retrofitted for usb.

They're not retrofitted, and they work like a charm. I bought 2 of them on ebay last fall in anticipation of my Pandora. I don't use the keyboard for gaming when I'm allowed joypad input anymore. ;)

'Gruso' said:
^ Almost certainly a knock-off. You'll regret buying it.
Actually, Sega released USB versions of the Sega Saturn controller a while back. These are some of those. They work beautifully.

-God Ginrai

Ok, so I received my Saturn USB controller yesterday and opened it only to find out they sent me the wrong color. So I emailed them telling them this and here's the email I got back:

my dear friend,
in fact, we ship them at the radom, the color cannot be
sure, if you want black, you need to tell me after you paid.
why don't you
like white one? it is also pretty, right?
i always envy the people who can
paly some big games, they are so smart, like you!

i canot play it well,
always! what a pity!

you are so lucky, you can do it, why i cannot so it
well.
i really envy you!
do you need some gold coins? i'd like to
introduce you a site,
http://www.vcpit.com/
http://www.wowgold800.com/

they are good at gold coins

Any question, pls let me know.
Thank
you very much! Good luck!
Yours Bella

-bestbuy-enjoy

I don't think I'm getting the color I wanted, oh well.

'Gruso' said:
:lol: Hilarious. He talks like bad anime.
Reminds me of the episode of SouthPark where the Japanese wanted to take over America and whenever they were faced with resistance they complemented the guys on the size of their penii

haha... i think there was a troll on gp32 that talked like that
so has anyone with a devboard tested this?

I've successfully talked to a Logitech Rumblepad 2 on Pandora so the wireless one will probably work. SDL doesn't pick it up though. I think SDL's joystick support here is broken :/

Probably already been mentioned, but just in case it hasn't, you need a USB 2 hub if this isn't a USB 2 device (mine is 1.1 so I need it)

Hmmm...The newer ones should be 2.0

Well thnx for testing it :D

Back