Logo Ideas

greenmikey

dancin' to the moldies
Website
Visit site
Hey, reguardless of the "contest" I was wondering what the kinda feel everyone would like for the logo of the site. I think most people know that the penguin is rockin, so we won't even worry about the mascot (and I could care less about a motto).

I have my idea but It dosen't really work well with the current design and feel of the site. Anyone have any ideas that we could collectivly build to get a fine result? Since there is no prize this shouldn't make anyone want to hide their good ideas for the win.

Colors?
Theme? (eg. Metallic, command line etc., blood)
Animation?

here is my idea

gp32logo26fm.gif

gp32blood3gf.gif

I really like that. Love the GP32 - not sure about the X. I think the tapering 'tail' of the X doesn't quite hang right - perhaps because it is not in line with top left part of the stroke. Not sure it should taper either - but it should extend down (as it does already). I think the yellow would look better if it was solid rather that 'sprayed' - maybe a 'pool of liquid' effect like the inner part of the lettering. I don't think you need the 'droplets' bottom right. Nice work. It has a sense of fun about it and that's what I want from my handhelds - FUN!.

What are you guys using for these logos?

Oh, that looks nice greenmikey! Yours looks like it would look great, Eolair, but I can't tell since it's all distorted on my computer. I think something on my mobo is fried so, like 1/7 pictures I see usually is distorted (discolored).

And I just thought of something from looking at the mascot thread. GP40 joked that we should have 4 teletubbie GPenguins with screens on their chests. But GP2X's already have screens on them, so I thought it would be funny If someone photoshopped or redrew the GP2X cell-shaded and cartoony to look like teletubbies(or at least have those stupid teletubbie shapes on their head), and then in a caption below the 4 GP2Xs: "THIS AINT YOUR KID'S TOY" :p

darkman posted on Oct 29 2005 at 10:31 PM said:
greenmikey posted on Oct 29 2005 at 02:36 PM said:
no lazer cut but..
metalgp32x5fv.gif

This would look great on a T-shirt. :)
...Yeah!...you're right! That logo on the front and then a pic of the GP2X on the back and some words or something...

Last edited by a moderator:
Quiest posted on Oct 29 2005 at 04:24 AM said:
aQwaBlaz3 posted on Oct 29 2005 at 03:37 AM said:

Yeah, very cool, but I think it would look better without the .com

But it seems as though it would lose its balance.

digitaljez posted on Oct 29 2005 at 05:49 AM said:
I really like that. Love the GP32 - not sure about the X. I think the tapering 'tail' of the X doesn't quite hang right - perhaps because it is not in line with top left part of the stroke. Not sure it should taper either - but it should extend down (as it does already).

Now that you mention it...that x is bothering me alot. I already fixed it just not in any of my examples. Im not sure what im going to do about the taper though. Although it dosen't really fit in with the rest of it I don't know If I want to make it like the other 3 points of the x...otherwise the 3 would look too out of place being so low.

aQwaBlaz3 posted on Oct 30 2005 at 12:26 AM said:
Ding, ding, ding!!! We have a winner! :D Seriously, that is awesome! Its retro, simplistic, yet stylized, and it reminds you of GPH's logo a bit.

I really think that should be the next official logo, go enter it in man!

Back