Made In China!

EvilDragon said:
[...]that case always does look MUCH worse on pictures than in reality :)
At least, that's what all members said who had my Pandora Prototype in their hands ;)
I'm glad to hear that, ED.
The case from the picture does not look well finished. Don't get me wrong, it is definatly very sweet and sexy but not the prettiest thing.

Someone should do some photoshop on this to make it look like those NDS from nintendo adds, all shinny and tasty :p

Last edited by a moderator:
those are obviously made out of clay and cardboard. Anyone else sensing a conspiracy?

mfk said:
Bosbeetle said:
Does the batch of cases also include the keymat. And did they have all the parts in china so they could show you the assembled unit, or is this a unit you assembled fatih?

Yes, they have all other parts to check if the plastic parts match with them. The keymats are also ready to go.
I don't understand...the Chinese Factory promised to ship everything onto the 23. They told, that everything is ready and they only waiting for the UPS Service to pick up the Package.
Now it sounds, like the Factory lied again because it is not already on its way to England, do they do this on purpose?

Case looks OK. Maybe you can't get better results with ABS plastic, maybe PA plastic would be the better solution but I'm not an Expert. It looks like the case is somehow not equal "Nintendo-Standard" Quality but I trust you that the real Pandora will look much better than these on onto the Photos. :)

The pictures look great. Now we only have to hope that everything arrives without damage on time in England.

I'll keep my fingers crossed. All the best to the Pandora team!

Bring it on, I want to see it with my own eyes :)

The difference in light also makes it impossible to compare the last blog photo's with these new ones. Would have been nice though.

mali said:
^ You missed some info in between ;)
It looks like that. :lol:
I read alot in the forums but not everything I guess. AND I should stop to have hope just because of a "promise" from the Chinese Factory. <_<

Klarth said:
EvilDragon said:
[...]that case always does look MUCH worse on pictures than in reality :)
At least, that's what all members said who had my Pandora Prototype in their hands ;)
I'm glad to hear that, ED.
The case from the picture does not look well finished. Don't get me wrong, it is definatly very sweet and sexy but not the prettiest thing.

Someone should do some photoshop on this to make it look like those NDS from nintendo adds, all shinny and tasty :p
There is a difference... Everyone has to remember that a company like Nintendo, when taking photos of their products...
  1. Take it to a dust free room, that lit correctly.
  2. Photoshop imperfections out(dust specs, fingerprints etc)
In our case we have a Chinese factory that a factory worker has taken a case to one side of the factory floor and taken a photo...
I'm pretty sure they'll look better once assembled in Craig's hall and actually arriving at your doorstep.

PokeParadox said:
There is a difference... Everyone has to remember that a company like Nintendo, when taking photos of their products...
  1. Take it to a dust free room, that lit correctly.
  2. Photoshop imperfections out(dust specs, fingerprints etc)
In our case we have a Chinese factory that a factory worker has taken a case to one side of the factory floor and taken a photo...
I'm pretty sure they'll look better once assembled in Craig's hall and actually arriving at your doorstep.
You will never get a BigMac that looks like they do on the TV. We're seeing what it actually looks like (more or less), not gussied up like some mass produced hamburger.

edit: in case it wasn't obvious, this is me agreeing with and enhancing PokeParadox's point with a familiar comparison.

I've been a bit worried about the cases in the past (I think we all were when we were expecting to see perfect cases and got those grubby shots awhile ago, not the teams fault obviously) but from these pictures the finish looks good and the actual case doesn't seem to have any obvious imperfections.

I also think that you've got to take into account that it has been photographed in sub-optimal conditions and with flash photography it exposes everything that might not even be visible -- a trick of the light.

If MWeston is happy from the photos then we'll go with what he says and hopefully have production.

What a difference.. the case it's actually very nice :) . If it wasn't for that rectangle surrounding the logo the case would actually be perfect. But anyway, it's about 95% perfect :D

These are awesome. In the interest of getting a slightly different view of the cases, would it be possible to take a picture using only ambient light (no flash)? Unless the ambient light is outdoor daylight, it may be necessary to use a tripod on the camera to avoid blurring.

This may give us another perspective of the case texture, and may also give a more faithful representation of it. e.g. the square around the logo on the lid may be less obvious. Flash photography can be a bitch for details like this sometimes.

The back looks a bit weird though, the finish looks better on the battery cover than on the other part, but that might just be the crappy pic.\

BUT ITS SO FAKKIN REALLY AWESOME!

EDIT:

Could you please clean up the pandora and take a new picture again? The big part on the bag looks really dirty

Eight Bit said:
Nice! The top of the lid doesn't look like it has the final finnish though

I just have to say, at first glance your avatar/profile pic is very, very nsfw :D

i thought these were pics from the mold company?

we should probably hold out for the proper final pictures from the team really. at this stage we know that this is it so we might as well hold out for some promotional material

Back