Mame 2.8

Last edited by a moderator:
borrowed the logitech joypad off a mate and it works with mame. theres a several second delay between the splash screen and the rom select screen and I almost thought it had crashed again, just as I was about to switch the GP2X off the rom select screen appeared :)

the gp2x itself supports usb keyboards, it would probably only a metter to re integrate the keyboard support of mame into the gp2x build.

USB joypad support is great! I haven't any, but I want now buy 2 pieces of this cheap one - genius maxfire G-08XU (picture)

Have anyone some experience with this joypad? Can it run under Linux? Can GP2X recognised it?

In case I want play through BOB with 2 or more joypads - it's necessary to have these joypads identical or can everyone be different model from different company??

Every ASAP answers will be very grateful for me (I have only two days to buy it - I'm leaving for some weeks...) :unsure:

psychotron posted on Oct 4 2006 at 06:04 AM said:
USB joypad support is great! I haven't any, but I want now buy 2 pieces of this cheap one - genius maxfire G-08XU (picture)

Have anyone some experience with this joypad? Can it run under Linux? Can GP2X recognised it?

In case I want play through BOB with 2 or more joypads - it's necessary to have these joypads identical or can everyone be different model from different company??

Every ASAP answers will be very grateful for me (I have only two days to buy it - I'm leaving for some weeks...) :unsure:

I have only tested it with 2 PS-2 pads with two single PS-2 to USB converters.
With a dual converter 2x PS-2 to USB converter, only the first joypad is detected.
The emulator is now configured for the PS-2 buttons layout, but i think i will improve this for next version.
I have not tested such Geniux maxfire G-08XU joypad nor anything elese.

Franxis posted on Oct 4 2006 at 09:39 AM said:
The emulator is now configured for the PS-2 buttons layout, but i think i will improve this for next version.

So can I change buttons layout in config for other joypad than PS-2 in this 2.8 version... or I need use PS-2 joypad with this currently available PS-2 layout?

Back