Mame Gp2x 1.3

Franxis

MAME 4 ALL
Website
franxis.zxq.net
MAME GP2X 1.3 (January 08, 2006) http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/

- Improvements in Cyclone compatibility. All Neo·Geo games are running perfectly now. But no Metal Slug with activated sound yet due to lack of RAM :-(.
- Some bugs corrected in CPS-1 games (taken from MAME 0.35b2). Knights of the Round is running ok now, King of Dragons does not get
locked after first level, you can insert credits to continue the game, etc... Also there are new supported games (MAME 0.35b2 ROMs): Final Fight (US) (ffightu), Street Fighter II (US rev A) (sf2a), Street Fighter II (US rev B ) (sf2b), Street Fighter II (US rev E) (sf2e), Three Wonders (US) (3wonders), Wonder 3 (Japan) (3wonderj), King of Dragons (Japan) (kodj), Captain Commando (US) (captcomu),
Captain Commando (Japan) (captcomj), Knights of the Round (Japan) (knightsj), Street Fighter II' - Champion Edition (World) (sf2ce), Street Fighter II - Champion Edition (Japan) (sf2cej), Varth (Japan) (varthj), Street Fighter II' - Hyper Fighting (US) (sf2t), Street Fighter II Turbo (Japan) (sf2tj)
- Configurable controls, analog controls sensitivity and inverted X and Y axis.
- You can fire now with volume controls in rotated screen mode.
- Relative paths used now in the emulator, you can put the emulator in the folder you want in the SD card.
- Thanks to all paypal donators: gp32x.de, Federico Mazza, Nandove, Videogame Stuff, Denis Evans, Ricardo Cabello, Elías Ballesteros, J.Antonio Serralvo Martín, bagmouse7, Suj, funkyferdy, Gieese, Vincent Cleaver, William Burnett, Bleeg, Martin Dolphin, Ilarri, Glen Stones, Dr.Konami, Augusto Carlos Pérez Arriaza, Charles Box, Borochi, Kayday, George Tavoulareas, Timofonic, Fabrice Canava,
Redox, Javitotrader, remowilliams, Scott Contrera, Jinhyun Seo, Hardcore Gamer (Chapas H-G), Craigx (gp2x.co.uk), Shane Monroe.

Are the files in the rar file not supposed to be in folders? Or maybe i just f'ed something up extracting it.

Awesome Franxis!

This made my day. Thanks again for your hard work! :D

I'd also like to remind everyone - if you are able to donate, do so. Support our devs! ;)

All Neo·Geo games are running perfectly now.

can anyone describe please, full speed with sound?

Not all Neo Geo games but only the supported ones from the dat file. Some still don't run due to ram limitation and those that do might have sound. Again due to ram so the graphics will load up first before sound.

I tried Samurai Shodown and it's perfect. No graphical glitches. No sound because not enough ram. I need to mess around with the analog sensitivity option.

Last edited by a moderator:
All Neo·Geo games are running perfectly now.

can anyone describe please, full speed with sound?

Not all Neo Geo games but only the supported ones from the dat file. Some still don't run due to ram limitation and those that do might have sound. Again due to ram so the graphics will load up first before sound.

I tried Samurai Shodown and it's perfect. No graphical glitches. No sound because not enough ram. I need to mess around with the analog sensitivity option.
ta, i am now minutes from ordering my gp2x

Thanks Franxis, it just gets so much better every release..

Quick question I was going to convert some of the newer supported roms e.g 3wonders and sf2t to Mame 35b2 however these are not in the listed in the dat file clrmame?

Thanks Franxis, it just gets so much better every release..

Quick question I was going to convert some of the newer supported roms e.g 3wonders and sf2t to Mame 35b2 however these are not in the listed in the dat file clrmame?

That's because MAMEgp2x uses v034 set.
He only used some newer drivers from 35b2 to make them work better on MAMEgp2x, he didn't add new games the 35b2 set offers.

Last edited:
Has anyone got rainbow islands working with this? i get no sound and the enemy sprites are in the landscape!

Great release. Thanks for all of the great features. This is one of the best emus. Vertical games play great.

Thanks for the great work :)

That's because MAMEgp2x uses v034 set.
He only used some newer drivers from 35b2 to make them work better on MAMEgp2x, he didn't add new games the 35b2 set offers.

Or did he ?
...Also there are new supported games (MAME 0.35b2 ROMs): Final Fight (US) (ffightu), Street Fighter II (US rev A) (sf2a), Street Fighter II (US rev B ) (sf2b)...

I tested Street Fighter II' - Champion Edition (World) (sf2ce) using AdvanceSCAN and a MAME 0.35b2 -listinfo file to check my ROM sets.

Back