Mame Gp2x 2.5 Is Out!

T

TelcoLou

Get it here, as usual:
http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/

From Franxis' site:

New MAME GP2X 2.5:
Added the modifications done by Slaanesh for MAME GP32 2.2 (WEB):
- Sample support!. Several games have full sound now (Phoenix, Donkey Kong, Zaxxon...).
The samples are available for download HERE.
- Z80 C core updated for improved compatibility. New games fully working (1942, Jungle King, Crazy Climber...).
- Rearrange Taito sound effects driver to take priority over music channels.
Means sound effects play now (Jungle King, Alpine Ski...).
- Improved drivers: Berzerk, Frenzy, Quantum, Battlezone and Stargate.
Thanks Slaanesh for all your hard work in MAME GP32!.

- Added the possibility to use L+R+Start or L+R+Select to exit to the game selection menu. This has been added to use the emulator without the Center push of the joystick, not available in some WIP D-pad replacements. Thx, DaveC, for the suggestion.
- Corrected the command line support for future external frontends, thx to Zaq121.
[cut]
Yay for samples![/cut]

Wow great. Samples are a reality :)

I also find using the shoulder buttons + "start" instead of joystick press is more convienient. I think that should be an option for all menu access. Try it, you will save wear and tear on the fragile stick mechanism.

Last edited by a moderator:
cadillac & dinosaurs...YAY
(I dont have sound???)
Anyway...Very good...Thanks

see you :lol:

EDIT: I just tried Tumble Pop and I get rom error...I tried a lot and it is always like that...
Is there an issue with that game?

Does anyone know if the Squidge MMU hacks are enabled in this version? The release notes from the previous version said that the code was in, but disabled because of some issues that needed to be worked out.

And if you happen to read this Franxis: Thank you! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel more comfortable with the new button configuration. I just spent this weekend putting more games in mame GP2X. This was right on time! :lol: I ran across an old game that I play on my PC in mame. I am hoping one day to be able to play it on my GP2x. It is “Sokonuke Taisen Game” by Sammy 1995. I know that you have to be a little twisted to like this game, but hey, its fun! :blink: It would make a great carry around game.

samples work in berzerk, sinistar and space invaders..
Although the space invaders samples sound strange to what I remember(!).

EDIT: Just loaded up the invaders samples, they're 8bit signed 8KHz samples,
sounds to me they're being played in mame at 11KHz... something to check Franxis..?
(Sorry can't find the invaders source to check).
Best fix would be to convert samples to 11KHz??

Back