Mame Gp2x 3.2 Wip

Franxis

MAME 4 ALL
Website
franxis.zxq.net
Some WIP for the next version:

- Some improvements in the auto-frameskip. Some more fps.
- Default video sync option is now named "Video Sync Normal". New option "Video Sync Off" to make games run as fast as possible without any synchronization delay. Some more fps. This is mainly useful to play CPS-1 games (Street Fighter 2 runs very well now). Older games will run too fast.
- GP2X Clock selector is now selectable from 66 to 300 MHz. Lower frequencies can be used to play oldest games saving batteries. Thx, Reiboul, for the suggestion.
- The menu now runs at 66 MHz, to save batteries. Also in PAUSE mode, the clock frequency is lowered to 66 MHz.
- No more crashes on exit ?.

Would you be able to add Star Castle. I would love to have that one on the GP2X.

Also is there anyway to make it so it does not matter if the dirs. are in upper or lower case.

Other than that I LOVE IT.

Keep up the GREAT work. I am hoping to get a donation to you one of these days. Everytime I have a extra buck or two something comes up.

THANKS again for all of your time. :eek:)

any chance the "don't-switch-to-tate-mode-controls-automatically-when-in-tate-mode" option will be implemented? :)

colt chillin posted on Oct 17 2006 at 10:19 AM said:
any chance the "don't-switch-to-tate-mode-controls-automatically-when-in-tate-mode" option will be implemented? :)

yes be patient

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be possible to plug ANY KIND OF USB joypad throught BOB and configure its buttons?

Star Castle isn't in there?

I could make a stand-alone Star Castle pretty easily if needed (I wrote the driver for MAME back in the day and still have the original un-Mamified code handy.) GP32 XCade even supported it.

Heck, I should check the license.. I seem to rercall Cinematronic released the ROIM licenses.. if so, should just make a standalone including-roms version.

Hmm.

jeff

skeezix posted on Oct 17 2006 at 05:31 PM said:
Star Castle isn't in there?

I could make a stand-alone Star Castle pretty easily if needed (I wrote the driver for MAME back in the day and still have the original un-Mamified code handy.) GP32 XCade even supported it.

Heck, I should check the license.. I seem to rercall Cinematronic released the ROIM licenses.. if so, should just make a standalone including-roms version.

Hmm.

jeff

You seems to have a lot of experience with MAME, if you want to add it tom MAME GP2X go on Skeezix :) . Also your idea about standalone executable is great :eek: , always depending on your free time of course ;) . Regards.

What about Galaga 88. Seems to be have been added in Mame .35 rev 9 or so, if I remember right. It´s my personal favourite in Mame, so this would just simply be perfect.

Thanks a lot to Franxis and all other Devs. Keep going !

I would love to have any version of Star Castle you could set me up with. It took me 25 years but I finaly have the coin op sitting downstairs.

Also does anyone know how to add credits to Galaga 3? I have tried every button combo I can think of.

Hey I'm sure this might have been mentioned, but with the success of the second core in pico drive, what do u think of the possibilities of being able to use it for MAME (maybe for certain games) in the future?

wipeout2000 posted on Oct 18 2006 at 06:17 AM said:
Hey I'm sure this might have been mentioned, but with the success of the second core in pico drive, what do u think of the possibilities of being able to use it for MAME (maybe for certain games) in the future?

Honestly i think it won't be done. Too much work to implement it on MAME, and almost all games are running already great.

Hi, a quick Q - is the current DAT for ver 3.1 the same as it has always been? I see no indication that the romset has changed, as the program has gone thu its updates. My tendency is to update my roms with the dat included in each update, but I want to know if that's unnecessary and I'm wasting my time doing that! Thanks.

gamefan999 posted on Oct 18 2006 at 05:13 PM said:
Hi, a quick Q - is the current DAT for ver 3.1 the same as it has always been? I see no indication that the romset has changed, as the program has gone thu its updates. My tendency is to update my roms with the dat included in each update, but I want to know if that's unnecessary and I'm wasting my time doing that! Thanks.

You are wasting your time. I have not added new rom games and i have not modified any romset since MAME GP2X 2.3 (dated may 2006), then the DAT File is the same file from v2.3 to v3.1.

Regards.

Franxis posted on Oct 18 2006 at 06:58 PM said:
gamefan999 posted on Oct 18 2006 at 05:13 PM said:

You are wasting your time. I have not added new rom games and i have not modified any romset since MAME GP2X 2.3 (dated may 2006), then the DAT File is the same file from v2.3 to v3.1.

Regards.
Okay, thanks for the info. Is that information available anywhere in the site or the downloadable file? I didn't see it mentioned. Maybe you could put it in a conspicuous place to avoid people doing this? Because as the executable gets more robust, and games that didn't work begin working, it might be thought it's becaused new roms were supported, no?

Some WIP for the next version:

- Some improvements in the auto-frameskip. Some more fps.
- Default video sync option is now named "Video Sync Normal". New option "Video Sync Off" to make games run as fast as possible without any synchronization delay. Some more fps. This is mainly useful to play CPS-1 games (Street Fighter 2 runs very well now). Older games will run too fast.
- Some old optimizations in the CPS-1 renderer done by Chui (they were deactivated due to some incompatibilities, only useful in the default view: not scaled and not rotated video mode).
- GP2X Clock selector is now selectable from 66 to 300 MHz. Lower frequencies can be used to play oldest games saving batteries. Thx, Reiboul, for the suggestion.
- The menu now runs at 66 MHz, to save batteries.
- In PAUSE mode, the clock frequency is lowered to 66 MHz, to save batteries.
- A new option to do not switch to TATE mode controls automatically when in TATE mode. See the readme.txt for the information to activate this function. Thx, colt chillin', for the suggestion.

Back