MAME GP2X 4.0

slaanesh said:
Okay, I've got Wardner running in GP2X MAME! :)
¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuujuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a quick note to say that sound in "The Newzealand Story" is quite broken - when it plays, it's fine, but there's many times when no sound plays at all - most noticeable when you finish a level, and the jingle doesn't play.

D.

Dunny said:
Just a quick note to say that sound in "The Newzealand Story" is quite broken - when it plays, it's fine, but there's many times when no sound plays at all - most noticeable when you finish a level, and the jingle doesn't play.

D.
The New Zealand Story is not very accurate in our version of MAME - many improvements were made later on. In fact there's supposed to be 3x Z80 CPUs running the show - the driver version that we are using is only using two!

Lack of music means that there is insufficient interleave between the CPUs so they are not communicating fast enough. I'll see if I can make some adjustments (which may slow it down a bit).

EDIT: I've made some changes and it seems the music is playing as it should now.

great release....... sound is very good in almost all games now :) :)

now if some programming genius could make wrestlefest work ill be the happiest person on earth...
(and maybe fix the video upsidedown in wrestlewar..)

Hey slaanesh, did you ever get to have a look at Rygar's sound? (you said you might in the 3.9 thread) :)

imhotep said:
slaanesh said:
Oh yeah, I did have an initial look. I'll follow up on it now.
Yippee!

It's got two sound systems - the one that plays the SFX was incomplete. I've updated this and it now plays the SFX. However, the other sound system doesn't seem to be complete either and will also need some work.

Getting there.

Hello i really appreciate all the work that has been done on the mame emulator.
But i have some problems with the controls in "Passing Shot" it seems like the display is twisted 90 degres from the controls.

slaanesh said:
It's got two sound systems - the one that plays the SFX was incomplete. I've updated this and it now plays the SFX. However, the other sound system doesn't seem to be complete either and will also need some work.

Getting there.
Wow that's a great start! :D

Did you like the base in the soundtrack? It gets kind of hypnotic after you have played for awhile. :)

claus said:
But i have some problems with the controls in "Passing Shot" it seems like the display is twisted 90 degres from the controls.

I was thinking... I had the same problem and let just forgot about it since there are so many other games to check out. But now rethinking it... I wonder if it is just possible to reprogram the joystick accordingly.

slaanesh said:
imhotep said:
slaanesh said:
Oh yeah, I did have an initial look. I'll follow up on it now.
Yippee!

Getting there.

I have one question... and it may see a stupid one, but when you say you have corrected something I assume you mean that it has been corrected for the next release? I keep going to the site anticipating an update... :lol:

Franxis, greatly appreciated BTW.

Just wondering if anyone has probs running NARC? I get to the 'insert coin' screen but then it seems to freeze internally within MAME. Might be my rom, but NARC is one of my favourite arcade ganes ever (spent a lot of money in my local arcade as a kid on this!). The amiga version is pretty good (i have it on my real amiga) but not a patch on the original. Is it just my rom, or can it not currently run the original on Mame GP2X? Thanks for any replies ..

sataniC Virus said:
Franxis, greatly appreciated BTW.

Just wondering if anyone has probs running NARC? I get to the 'insert coin' screen but then it seems to freeze internally within MAME. Might be my rom, but NARC is one of my favourite arcade ganes ever (spent a lot of money in my local arcade as a kid on this!). The amiga version is pretty good (i have it on my real amiga) but not a patch on the original. Is it just my rom, or can it not currently run the original on Mame GP2X? Thanks for any replies ..
That´s the same problems like in NBA JAM and Mortal Kombat, that games are supported in Mame but they are not running properly.It´s something common in first MAME releases of the PC MAME.

Ripster said:
claus said:

I was thinking... I had the same problem and let just forgot about it since there are so many other games to check out. But now rethinking it... I wonder if it is just possible to reprogram the joystick accordingly.

Nope unfortunately there is nothing in the menu that allows one to adjust the joystick, only the buttons.

Ripster said:
Nope unfortunately there is nothing in the menu that allows one to adjust the joystick, only the buttons.
Yes that's true unfortunately. I wanted to change Q*bert from diagonal control method to up, down, left, right, because diagonals are too hard to get accurate every time!

Back