Mame Gp32 2.3 Has Been Released!

slaanesh

Certified Guru
Website
www.slaanesh.net
MAME GP32 2.3 has been released!

MAME GP32 2.3

If there are any issues, please let me know either in this or the MAME forum. Lots on changes, here are the highlights. For a full list see the homepage.
  • Added Taito game Twin Cobra and clones. Fully working with sound and at a reasonable speed. Very playable. Patched to make high score loading and saving functional.
  • Added Irem Tropical Angel. Water-skiing, girl-in-bikini, time-trial racing game. I'd never seen the game before and I really only wanted to add it so that I could add the phrase "girl in bikini" to my webpage. :)
  • Added Taito/Toaplan games. Zero Wing, Hellfire, Truxton, Vimana.
[cut]
  • Added Midway games. Satan's Hollow, Tron, Kozmic Kroozr, Domino, Two Tigers, Wacko, Tapper, Spy Hunter, Rampage, Destruction Derby, Timber, Max RPM, Sarge, Crater Raider, Powerdrive, Discs of Tron. These are large resolution gammes and all require the Screen Fit set to Skip. Some require Old Core and some require New Core. Discs of Tron needs fire buttons 9 and 10 setup to aim the throwing location of the discs and Kozmik Kroozr the same to rotate the gun (like Heavy Barrel and Midnight Resistance).
  • Added Marine Boy. Not sure why, was playing River Patrol a bit which is really quite a nice game and saw that Orca also made this one and wanted to give it go. :)
  • Complete fix to Exerion (and clones). Added background graphics video handling from 0.37b2 and 0.57. Now works perfectly. Can use either 0.34 or latest romset (for this romset group only). The latest romset fixes some issues with sprite colors. One drawback with the new driver is that it's somewhat slower as two Z80s need to be emulated but it sure is pretty.
  • Complete fix to Empire Strikes Back. No longer crashes 2 seconds into starting the game. This required fixes to the slapstic emulation.
  • Fixes and optimizations to Data East 16-bit Drivers from 0.37b2. Hippodrome and Fighting Fantasy now work perfectly.
  • Added Gamma Correction option. Settings are saved on a per game basis. Makes vector games like Asteroids more visible. Had to rearrange some of the options to make room: Old/New Core is merged with Triple buffer.
  • Added Auto-fire option. Activate in the "Re-assign keys for this game" option. Toggle auto mode for controls Fire 1, 2 or 3 with right shoulder button.
  • Added 44100hz sound mode. Works nicely for older games like Pacman and Mr Do, etc. Gives nice high quality sound.
  • Changed to DevKitARM R19. Thanks to DJWillis for the GP32 EABI SDK libraries!
[/cut]

Superb work, Slaanesh! I'm so happy that this is still receiving regular updates.

Rayek posted on Oct 28 2006 at 02:10 PM said:
... more to the point... Space Harrier!

That will never work on the ol' 32. Too demanding.

Last edited by a moderator:
And slaanesh said let there be LIGHT for GP32MAME and there was LIGHT! :D
Looking forward to the OSD and possibly the introduction to the VI MENU in the next release but for now I'm gonna enjoy the LIGHT. I can see. I can SEE(what finally is killing me in all the games)!
Great release!

Great Slaanesh :D

I'm slowly integrating your modifications in MAME GP2X... I'm playing "The Empire Strikes Back" now in the GP2X... Regards.

could balcube be integrated? i think its an awesome arcade game but im not sure if the gp32 has the power to emulate it

Thanks slaanesh,for your continued work on this emulator,it's good to know that the GP32,hasn't been completely abandoned,just yet.

Back