qwerty15

Still Fresh
Hi everyone,

I can't seem to get usb joypads working in Mame with F200
It says in the readme that usb joypads are supported
First I turn on the usb in the settings menu
Then I plug in the joypad into the first slot, the green light shows
I try to start mame (v5.1) but it crashes :(

Is this a compatibility issue or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

It's no compatability issue the usb control pad you are using is not compatible with mame 5.1 emulator you need to use logitech usb pads they are one best when it comes to compatibility this pad will work.

I don't know if sukhigp is right, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. I'm sure if he keeps spouting enough insane crap eventually he will get something right but the chances are slim.

Can you use the joypad with any other games that supoort them? GPFCE for instance? Are you running off an AC adapter? If not, I would suspect your batteries aren't able to provide enough power to run both the GP2X and the gamepad/cradle together. Try getting an AC adapter or really good, freshly charged NiMH batteries (they wear out over time, watch out for that)

I'm 100% right senior quack about the using logitech pads they do work, it won't make any difference having full powered batteries in the gp2x or using an adaptor for the cradle the conclusion will be the same, if the control pads aren't compatible with the mame emulator how can it work,it crashes because the pad isn't compatible with the emulator, otherwise that won't happen.

Here is a general question in all emulators readme the authors have not specified which brand control pads will work the only thing is written it's compatible with joystick or control pads, using control pads on gp2x emulators brand name is very important and logitech is compatible and works on most emulators, i'm using a logitech pads on the following emulators and they do work here is the list of emulators which works with logitech pads:

1) Picodrive
2) Mame 5.1 version
3) Cps2
4) Final burn alpha
5) Pocketsnes
6) Neo geo mvs (start button doesn't work,needs to be pressed from the gp2x)

Well, I'm using Gravis Gamepad Pro gamepads. They work with GPFCE, PicoDrive and DrPocketSnes (although controls are mixed up in DrPocketSnes), just not Mame :( .

Batteries are NiMH on full charge.

Just tested it with Logitech Wingman Rumble pad.
Mame does the same thing, splash screen shows for about 2 seconds and then a black screen.

The one i'm using is different one it's called logitech dual action control pad it works with mame.

To prove it i will make a video and it will be on youtube.

Senor Quack said:
I don't know if sukhigp is right, but I wouldn't trust a word he says. I'm sure if he keeps spouting enough insane crap eventually he will get something right but the chances are slim.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back