Mame4All Gp2X 2.3

sbock

Chaos is our mode and modus
There is a new version of MAME4all for the GP2x from Franxis available.

mame4all1.jpg

New in version 2.3:

Changes by Franxis:

- Improved controls: Defender, Stargate, Vindicators, Battle Zone, Sarge, Assault, TNK III, Ikari Warriors, Victory Road,
Guerrilla War, Bermuda Triangle, Heavy Barrel, Midnight Resistance, Robotron, Inferno, Splat!, Forgotten Worlds, Gondomania,
Mad Planets, Top Gunner, Tron, Kozmik Kroozr, Discs of Tron, Crater Raider, Zwackery, Search and Rescue, Ikari III,
Time Soldiers, Battle Field, Aztarac, Black Widow, Rescue Rider, Crazy Climber 2, Bandido, Sheriff, Smash T.V., Total Carnage,
Wild Western, Front Line, The Tin Star, Mars, Rescue, Minefield, Lost Tomb, Space Dungeon, The Return of Ishtar, Crazy Climber,
Cloak & Dagger, Fire Trap, Krull, Screw Loose, Karate Champ.
- Fixed crashes in Midway games using TMS34010 CPU (caused by unaligned memory accesses). Also the CPU frequencies
have been tweaked to gain speed.
- Added access to the profiler (L+MENU) and the FPS counter (R+SELECT).

Changes by Slaanesh:

- New romsets added: Momoko 120% (momoko), Fire Truck (firetrk), Fairyland Story (flstory), Fairyland Story (Japan) (flstoryj),
Kuri Kinton (World) (kurikint), Kuri Kinton (prototype) (kurikina), Play Girls (plgirls), Play Girls 2 (plgirls2), Cuby Bop (cubybop),
Tube-It (tubeit), Raimais (Japan) (raimais).
- Improved sound in Taito L-System drivers. This adds sounds to some games where it was previously missing (ie. Fighting Hawk).
- Sound improved in X-Men. Added K05439 sound CPU support.

Homepage and Download: here.

Download: Archive.

Sourcecode: Archive.

Source: http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/

Excellent! Momoko 120% is one of my favourite games on mame ! Thanks a lot for your hard work and for continuing supporting GP2X ! *Runs to get the gp2x and card reader while starting the download* ;)

Thanks for all the improvements. It will be nice to play Midnight Resistance with correct controls. Thanks Franxis. Also thanks Slaanesh for the X-Men sound update. It is very much appreciated. One of my favorite arcade games. Thanks again!

:ph34r: :lol: Finally MOMOKO 120% :) , franxis thank you very much for this version.
Momoko 120% is a bit slow but playable, KURIKINTON is perfect!!!
PLAY GIRL have a some of graphics problems.
However is a great work.
I want tell you, wich there are problems of colors wrongs on those games (WEC LE MANS, ALI BABA) is possible in future fix it?
P.S. This problems there are also in old versions of mame4all.

Awesome work Franxis, I just can't get enough of this emulator.
laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
paradroid said:
Thanks for new mame.
Momoko 120% works well, but doesn't save hi score. Is this known issue?

Momoko is a new supported game and it's not added to the hiscore.dat file. Try to add these lines with an editor:

Code:
;********momoko.c (momoko 120%)
momoko:
0:ce01:9f:20:20
0:c049:7:20:30

I can't test it because I've no Momoko ROM here...

Regards,
Stephan

sbock said:
paradroid said:
Thanks for new mame.

Momoko is a new supported game and it's not added to the hiscore.dat file. Try to add these lines with an editor:

Code:
momoko:

Regards,
Stephan

Works perfect!
Thank you :D

paradroid said:
sbock said:
paradroid said:
Thanks for new mame.

Code:
momoko:

Regards,
Stephan

Works perfect!
Thank you :D

Great, sbock, if you add high-scores support in more games, please post them in the forums :) .

Ok, sure. :)

;******firetrk.c (fire truck)
firetrk:
0:28:1:06:06

;********flstory.c (fairyland story)
flstory:
flstoryj:
0:e74e:23:00:44

plgirls2:
0:81e0:35:00:05

Note: This codes are ripped off the latest unofficial MAME hiscore.dat maintained by leezer located here:

http://highscore.mameworld.info/

Since they're for a later MAME version I don't know if they all work correctly with MAME4all. I can't test them so please report any problems...

Regards,
Stephan

A bit late... but nice to see more games added and finally have sound effects to X-men. ^_^

I'm wondering if the issues I mentioned before are being worked at.
- Knuckle Joe's graphics get messed up if the Video Aspect is set to Rotate. Also, Set 2 is upside down.
- Q*bert is missing a few sound effects.

Thanks for the updates, and keep up the great work, Franxis & Slaanesh. :D

Tested some non-working romsets with bootleg counterparts and came on some crash scenarios. Alex Kidd and Alien Storm (not bootleg) will hang mame4all after exiting. Super Quix keeps resetting itself.

Do you use DrZ80 core for Alex Kidd and Alien Storm? This is a known bug.

sbock said:
Do you use DrZ80 core for Alex Kidd and Alien Storm? This is a known bug.
Tried that. No luck. Still hangs after exiting. I've tested dozens of other games without issues. Not sure what the problem is.

Back