Release Mednafen - Game Boy, Neo Geo, GBA, NES, lots more....

Assuming the Nintendo DS is emulated, how would gameplay work on the PandA? It lacks a second screen and any proper way to hold it for touch-screen play.

Well, there are enough options to arrange the two DS screens on the Pandora screen, they could be placed on top of each other, side by side or you could make one screen bigger and the other smaller.

I think ROM-specific scripts could also be useful, for example to map the left analog stick to the touchscreen for game like Metroid Prime Hunters. ^_^

Edit: Or Topscreen on Tv, and Touchscreen on Pandora :p

Exophase said:
Nightwind0 said:
And it gains us GameBoy Advance, which I really would like. As well as TurboGrafx (aka PC Engine). Little John already has everything else covered, I think, but it sure doesn't hurt to have a choice of emulators. :D

I'm porting my GBA and PC-Engine emulators, you don't need Mednafen's.

I like Mednafen (and I like Mednafen's author), but it's mostly a compilation of other emulators. The only parts that I know of that are mostly unique are the PC-Engine and PC-FX emulators. GBA emulation is provided with VBA, which might be fast enough at 600MHz (but probably with frame skipping a good amount of the time), but is not really an efficient use of MHz. My PC-Engine emulator is a lot faster than Mednafen's as well, since it has been well optimized for ARM.

Mednafen also has a lot of dependencies, so it might be a pain to get everything working on Pandora first shot. Or maybe not, I don't really know. Compilation emulators are good for a quick bulk port but the only thing it really covers that we couldn't easily get good optimized ARM versions of instead is PC-FX. And there's no way its PC-FX emulation will run well enough on Pandora. It isn't going to take long for all the other emulators to come here, in fact some would probably be out before Mednafen is even ported. Especially considering that it has no GUI, so unless you want an emulator without one that you have to use a shell for (which is not as good as an in-game GUI for obvious reasons) then you have to wait for someone to make one.

Well what are your emulators called?

To be honest - I can live without PC-FX emulation, how often will you be able to play your favourite Hentai game sat on the Train or Plane? :confused:
But good PCE Emulation akin to Magic Engine is going to be a real selling point for me. Hopefully Arcade card games are supported like Sapphire?

Back