Release Midori 0.4.3

slaeshjag

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Changelog can be found here.

Changed in the packaging is that a newer version of libSoup is bundled (version 2.35.92.) Not that new, but at least a little newer. All the later ones require a newer glib, which I'll provide when I'm not as lazy as I am now.

i cant load a fresh install. gives me a cant load bookmarks error, even though i deleted old pnd and appdata, tried downloading 3 times using different methods, all same outcome

Can somebody confirm this? Works fine for me on HF5.

DaMummy informed me about a nasty crash that I somehow didn't detect (maybe libsoup from an earlier version of midori was in memory?) However, I reverted the version of libsoup and it seems to work fine now, so a redownload (and, if the crash presists, reboot) should do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The new full screen option is not that great since I don't have a tab bar or an input filed like before. I have to leave full screen mode to access these stuff. Before, I could do anything in full screen mode.

In Firefox, these elements appear in fullscreen mode when you move the mouse on top of the screen area. Midori doesn't do this, the menu bar and tabs stay hidden. Maybe this can be improved? at least the Tab bar should be visible.

I first noticed this issue recently on 4.2 but no idea how far back it might actually go.

When closing Midori, the system can't unmount the PND because gvfsd-metadata has a hold of a few files that it never releases. I have to kill gvfsd-metadata and then manually unmount the union and destroy the loop. This is a problem because it leaves you with open file handles and a slight risk of corruption if you eject the SD card without this manual unmounting. Plus it is taking up a loop device even if it is not being used, and given there are only 10 this could become a problem if more applications start behaving in a similar way.

I first noticed this issue recently on 4.2 but no idea how far back it might actually go.

When closing Midori, the system can't unmount the PND because gvfsd-metadata has a hold of a few files that it never releases. I have to kill gvfsd-metadata and then manually unmount the union and destroy the loop. This is a problem because it leaves you with open file handles and a slight risk of corruption if you eject the SD card without this manual unmounting. Plus it is taking up a loop device even if it is not being used, and given there are only 10 this could become a problem if more applications start behaving in a similar way.
I noticed once, that MiniMenu doesn't reload after closing Midori 0.4.3. I had to hard-reset my Pandora. Another test and it worked. I don't know if this has anything to do with the add blocker. I disabled it in the 2. test and MiniMenu was loaded as usual. But I have to make more tests with this to be sure. ^^

Hmm, i don't know what happened now.

I was trying to get the pndrun_midori as you suggested, but now the crash isnt reproducable...

Before that it crashed on 0.4.3 and 0.4.3.1 every time i opened the repo. maybe it had something to do with the cache but I really don't know and now i'm happy that my favorite browser works again.

I deleted the comment in the repo btw

that was the libsoup problem slaeshjag mentioned, where a multiple amount of sites crashed midori, new reupload with old libsoup works as it should

Hi,

Midori 0.4.3 seems to corrupt downloaded PND files :(

Downloads stop after just a few seconds, resulting in incomplete files... (ex: vvvvvv, new PanPlayer version, etc. )

Am I the only one facing this issue ?

Bye and thanks,

Magic Sam

No, I noticed this also with Midori 0.4.2 and Firefox on the Pandora. I suspect some issues with the Archive Downloads - maybe-.

Download over PND-Store works fine. This needs more investigating I guess.

I'm guessing that the webserver does something that libsoup doesn't like. On the other hand, I remember haning problems getting firmware images from EDs server on my workstation, they would just stall. And that was with wget...

Hi,

Midori 0.4.3 seems to corrupt downloaded PND files :(

Downloads stop after just a few seconds, resulting in incomplete files... (ex: vvvvvv, new PanPlayer version, etc. )

Am I the only one facing this issue ?

Bye and thanks,

Magic Sam
Had this also.

could be server side problem? since when i tried to download the panplayer from its thread link, had problems when using midori and jumanji but could download it okay using firefox9

It is probably a problem with libsoup. I won't release the future 0.4.4 build without upgrading libsoup.

This is just in: I got a tip from kalikiana about a configuration option that could help a lot with reducing the memory footprint.

Add this to appdata/midori/config (I think that's the path, my pandora is on RMA) on a new line: enable-page-cache=false

I need feedback on how well this works without swapspace. I will also need info about if you have adobe flash player set up or not.

Just by looking at the difference it makes for surf on my workstation, it looks promising.

I have been trying this out & can't see much difference.

I have been trying this out & can't see much difference.

That reminds me! The 0.4.3 release has a bug in it that results in midori continuing to run even after you've closed it. To make sure the config is reloaded, log out and log back in again before trying.

EDIT: If that makes you want to go back to 0.4.2 in the meantime, this config option should work with that version too.

Back