Release Midori 0.4.1

I'll make a test-build with old support-libs and the new midori, just to see if that's less buggy.

EDIT: Try this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I will try it later. Strange that nobody else seems to have these weird Bugs on the Screen.

I forgot to mention, that I still use the old Pandora Hotfix 5 but I guess this doesn't matter?

EDIT: It seems to work better with your Test Version. In some Forums I have a grey Background in the text Windows but this could be caused by my Desktop theme maybe.

EDIT2: Is it possible that Midori saves it's cache on the NAND? Suddenly I have some MB more free there after deleting some private data in Midori.

Yes, it seems it stores some information on NAND. Will look into a fix for that. Is the test-PND so much better that it's worth replacing the one on the repo with it?

Well, your Test PND displays everything correctly, including the Mouse pointers, no more mess up there. :)

I noticed that the Browser is still a little bit slow, or at least it feels slow compared to the old 0.3.6 one. I have to disable the Add Block and test this again, maybe this causes some slowness, it#s the only plugin I have enabled. Javascript is activated but the "Netscape Plugins" are disabled by the way.

Midori also seems to use alot of RAM, 100MB easily but I never tested this on the older versions so maybe it is normal. (It's because I tested alot in the last days I never tested before, actualy. :D ) Even Firefox 6 needs less Memory (80MB compared to the 100MB of Midori, displaying the same site of course)

If the Pandoras Memory is full, Midori crashes without warings and don't recover last session on Browser restart. But I guess this is pretty "normal" on the Pandora, it actualy happens with many programms when they run out of Memory, especialy Web Browsers. ^^

Hmm... With the most perfomance-sucking site I know of, I can get midori to use 120 Mo of RAM. Just showing basic sites, it's at 40 Mo. However, I think most of the RAM is reused as soon as it's needed. Do you have many tabs open at once? Now, with the old libs, it is using exactly the same rendering backend as midori 0.3.6. I'll upload the PND with the old libs to the repo, it also includes a fix that should put the cache in appdata.

Yes, this would be great if the NAND is not touched anymore. :) On the Pandora, I try to use only a small number of tabs opened at the same time. maximal 3 or 4. But Forums with huge Pix are still a problem but this is pretty normal. I often surf in the Minecraftworums, they seems to have unlimited bandwidth because they display Megabyte huge Pix without thumbnails. ^^" Of course this causes heavy meltdowns on the Pandora. "Normal" sites are OK, you still can surf good enough with Midori. The only downside is that the CPU load is pretty high when loading a site (even when no loading sites). So until you have finished loading a Site, you can't scroll niceley on another site.

Sorry if this is a completely ignorant question, but how do you remove dwfdec from the Nand using opkg? I've tried sudo opkg remove dwfdec and similar commands but I think I'm missing something.

Sorry if this is a completely ignorant question, but how do you remove dwfdec from the Nand using opkg? I've tried sudo opkg remove dwfdec and similar commands but I think I'm missing something.

I used this to find out the exact name of the installed packages:

Code:
sudo opkg list-installed | grep dwdef

But I think it is actually swdef? I can't check because I already removed it.

First off, congratulations on unseating Chromium on my Pandora. This browser runs reat!

My only question is if someone could verify the process to get flash working with Midori. I'm still a novice linux user (Pandora has been my first real linux system) and I don't quite get the directions.

Thanks in advance. You guys are really working hard and my Pandora and I appreciate it.

Wow, Midori 0.4.1 used 125MB RAM with only one open Tab, that's impressive. ^^ OK, it was a newspaper site with some pictures on but I'm sure that this doesn't need 125MB RAM on the Pandora. I guess I have to test it again with disabeling the Addblock plugin and other things.

I just noticed that Midori seems to run faster out of Memory than older Versions so I checked the Memory usage. The new Pandora Default Browser since Hotfix 6, "Links2" only uses 12 MB for displaying the same page by the way. :D However, Links 2 looks just weird and somehow like Netscape Navigator 1.0 or so, means it is no option for me, even if it ddisplays Images at least.

First off, congratulations on unseating Chromium on my Pandora. This browser runs reat!

My only question is if someone could verify the process to get flash working with Midori. I'm still a novice linux user (Pandora has been my first real linux system) and I don't quite get the directions.

Thanks in advance. You guys are really working hard and my Pandora and I appreciate it.

Since I reverted back to the old libraries, it's just a matter of renaming it adobeflashplayer.so and putting it in appdata/midori/plugins.

Since I reverted back to the old libraries, it's just a matter of renaming it adobeflashplayer.so and putting it in appdata/midori/plugins.

Works exactly as described. Thanks!

Back