Might buy a GP32 but...

Studio

Still Fresh
.. is it worth it? I really would love to have a portable system to play my favorite C64 and Amiga games. But do they run flawless?

And do I need to OC and shit to be able to use it?

and yes I'm a newbie :p

Hi!
First, welcome to the community ;)
But I think you missunderstood something. There is no amiga emulator for the gp32.. Well there is the Atari ST emulator Castaway, which has related games.
The C64 Emulation is very good from what I heard, I´m not so interested in this thing ;).
You dont have to overclock for Atari ST and C64. Emulators you CAN overclock are SnesEmu, Snes9xgp and Genemu.
My opinion: get that little god-like thing ^^

Hi!
But I think you missunderstood something. There is no amiga emulator for the gp32.. Well there is the Atari ST emulator Castaway, which has related games.
The C64 Emulation is very good from what I heard, I´m not so interested in this thing ;).
You dont have to overclock for Atari ST and C64. Emulators you CAN overclock are SnesEmu, Snes9xgp and Genemu.
No Amiga :unsure:

But what about the FLU unit? Is it worth the extra 50$ ?

Last edited by a moderator:
YES!!!

dont listen to anyone who says otherwise, they obviously wont have one.

This is from a man who has both, far as im concerned the non FLU one is the waste of cash :angry:

Hi!
No Amiga :unsure:

Yes no Amiga...yet ;) but I beleive one day, the ultimate emulator will be the Amiga one ;p Moreover many games of Amiga exist also on Atari ST , so you'll be able to enjoy them anyway :) I told this coz I'm a great fan of Amiga like you :)

And concerning the Flu version, in my mind it's ABSOLUTLY NECESSARY & it worth dead ;p

so make the move & join our community :)

GP32 is really a fantastic machine :)

I ordered mine (Flu version) from Lik-sang & I received it 2 days later only by UPS :) oh & I live in France :p

I ordered mine (Flu version) from Lik-sang & I received it 2 days later only by UPS :) oh & I live in France :p
I live in Sweden myself. Guess with UPS the shipping alone will be equal to the totalt price of 1 FLU gp32 + 1 128 SMC :blink:

I live in Sweden myself. Guess with UPS the shipping alone will be equal to the totalt price of 1 FLU gp32 + 1 128 SMC :blink:
I live in Germany and ordered from lik-sang with ups too.
it took 2 days too for me.

i payd 200 euros for gp FLU!! (take the flu one!!)
and about 20 euros for shipping!
(And 40 euros for import :angry:)

The the ups shipping is defenitivly worth it!

I paid about 24 € using UPS for France, so I don't think it cost that much to send it to Sweden ... but maybe you can look at gbax.com who sell this from Europe directly if I understood well ;)

I ordered mine from liksang and I live in Austria (near germany ^^)
First, I had some problems with my bank, it took 4 days until liksang got my money. Now they sent my packet and I´m waiting to receive it.
I paid 200 euro now for a flu. I wrote liksang an email if they can do something to lower the import taxes and they said they will see.. :D

Non Flu's are Still good :D... You save £30+ getting a Non Flu that can be spent on 2x 128MB SMC Cards :D

Non Flu's are Still good :D... You save £30+ getting a Non Flu that can be spent on 2x 128MB SMC Cards :D
About those SMC cards, guess it will be MUCH cheaper to buy a card from your local photostore. Or does it have to be some special GP32 SMC card?

Another ting I'm been wondering about is the save game issue. Which emus allows you to save your game?

Hey, thats what I just posted and it didn't work :)

Anyway, GBAx.com is a great place to order from in the UK. OK, so the prices are a little higher, but they are of good quality, have fast dilivery and Craig bundles in a CD with 99% of the stuff from this site.

AND he does a lot for the community, so we really should give something back :)

About those SMC cards, guess it will be MUCH cheaper to buy a card from your local photostore. Or does it have to be some special GP32 SMC card?
Its cheaper to get SMC Cards off the Net... 128MB Ones Sell for £16 on some sites. As long as the Card is SMC and 3.3V and 128MB or Less it will work....

Any Smart Media card will do, Amazon seems to be the cheepest (much to my amazement) selling 128mb ones for £20 a pop. LINK!!

As for saveing in emulators, it depends on the emulator, most will allow you to make a save state, which saves the game exactly where you left it.

And haveing the light is well worth the extra money, as you can use it in something less than bright sunlight (and howoften are we getting that at the moment?). Lik-Sang were quick to deliver, mine took a week 'cause it's flight was cancelled. But the import duty into the UK is about £40 which you have to give to the UPS guy. I so would have orderded from GBAx if I'd known :(

Ordered my first one from lik-sang which took five days with UPS and I had to pay inmort for £35. My senconed one I ordered from gbax.com yesterday at 2pm GMT. The door rang this morning at 8am and it was here already. Less than 24hrs hows that for service. It came with a disk with just about all you need and more importantly a very useful setting upguide I wished I had when I got the first one.

If you take into account delivery and imorting into the UK they work out almost the same ,but without the waiting.

edit:: with the gbax.com one I also bought a case which made the amounts match, else the gbax.com would be about £15 cheaper

But since I live in Sweden I have to pay import from both Korea and UK? Or is it free if you send between 2 EU countries?

Back