Minitube

mcobit

Advanced Member
Could someone try to port this app?
With it we would have an alternative to a browserplugin. And can watch youtube on the go.

http://flavio.tordini.org/minitube

I'll give it a shot, but I've got a bunch of irons in the fire at the moment. So unless it's a smooth and deadly compile I'll have to hand it off to someone else.

I tried, but it's dependent on qt4, and I don't have the libraries for that installed. It'd take me some time to line that out. If nobody picks it up before I get my current round of projects finished. I'll take a closer look. Sorry.

its a shame that totem isnt working properly on the pandora,i tried and it plays media but not online content like youtube and bbciplayer pitty,also tried the deb package but it crashes after load.

I builded it. it run and I won't upload this...

this thing depend on the phonon multimedia framwork.
libphonon4 is installed but without any backend, it just cant load nor output anything.

rendering this useless :(

the repository contain qt4-plugin-phonon-backend-gstreamer. but this also depend on libqtopengl which isn't there.

So no luck... at least for now
EDIT :
well, i'm stupid, i had just to install it as well. it work. :)
so you'll need first to :
Code:
wget http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/unstable/ipk/glibc/armv7a/base/libqtopengl4_4.6.2-r17.7.5_armv7a.ipk
wget http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/unstable/ipk/glibc/armv7a/base/qt4-plugin-phonon-backend-gstreamer_4.6.2-r17.7.5_armv7a.ipk
sudo opkg install libqtopengl4_4.6.2-r17.7.5_armv7a.ipk
sudo opkg install qt4-plugin-phonon-backend-gstreamer_4.6.2-r17.7.5_armv7a.ipk

for the rest get your download by there :)

Please add that information to the archive's file description, not everyone will be reading this thread :S

Other then that, great work as usual!
Here goes another video request!

Great stuff sebt3 (and nice find mcobit, and thanks for having the first shot at it mindlord.)

Wolfsclaw said:
Please add that information to the archive's file description, not everyone will be reading this thread :S
+ one million. A heap of people will download this and assume it's a broken port. Why do this to yourself? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't you include all the libs in a pnd?
It would make the pnd bigger but maybe not everyone who wants to use this wants to have phonon and qt4 installed...

Edit: Great to see it's working! Thank you people!

mcobit said:
Can't you include all the libs in a pnd?
It would make the pnd bigger but maybe not everyone who wants to use this wants to have phonon and qt4 installed...

Edit: Great to see it's working! Thank you people!

Should be very possible; it's just 2 libs; While it's not repackaged, you could dl the .ipk, extract them using ar, stick them in a temp. folder, and add that folder to the libs searchpath. In theory :)

laurens said:
Should be very possible; it's just 2 libs; While it's not repackaged, you could dl the .ipk, extract them using ar, stick them in a temp. folder, and add that folder to the libs searchpath. In theory :)
Sure I could do this. but why ? these libs belong to the nand : any multimedia QT apps will need them anyway.

sebt3 said:
laurens said:
Sure I could do this. but why ? these libs belong to the nand : any multimedia QT apps will need them anyway.

Then ask ED to put them in hotfix3

Bosbeetle said:
sebt3 said:
laurens said:

Yes, because else it won't be a simple Download -> Run thing and could confuse people.

mcobit said:
Bosbeetle said:
sebt3 said:
laurens said:

Yes, because else it won't be a simple Download -> Run thing and could confuse people.

yes and I think its a pretty usefull app :) will be popular

For me, it works. I'm currently running hotfix3 beta 1, and I did install the 2 libs, so that seems to work.

Playback however, is not optimal. If it works, it looks awesome, but nearly all the vids I tried started to stutter after a while. Could be a network thing, but my wifi is usually fine. I did 'overclock' to 600 mhz, but that did not really seem to make too much difference, but did seem to help a bit.

Thanks for this, definately nice to have!!

mcobit said:
Bosbeetle said:
sebt3 said:
laurens said:

I think apps like this that need libs could do with having a lib install prompt?
The first time you run the PND it could ask "These libs are needed to make this program work, would you like to install these to your NAND?(Needs active internet connection)"

Back