Missing You

Website
Visit site
Been almost a year. 364 days to be precise. Tomorrow was our first anniversary.

I knew this day was coming for months and put it off till the very last minute such was my need to have you close to me. I didn't want to let you go but I knew I had to. For us both.

When I left you at that grey, nondescript, overly lit public building I knew I'd see you again but there were still some 'what ifs'.

What if you got lost?

What if you got hurt?

What if you never came back?

What if....

Now I'm sitting here writing about it like it's a loss. That's me all over though - the eternal pessimist.

Come back soon Pandora.

Come back better.

It's been over two years. Approximately 775 days. I was one of the later ones to manage to claim such a prize, and notification that my currency had been successfully delivered embarked my mind on a journey of wonder and despair. I have yet to meet, let alone have an anniversary with, my Pandora. Yet others have come, those who have only just found out about her, and yet they hold her and partake of the joy she provides, while I wait, and softly weep.

Why do I still wait for her? For I am a pessimistic optimist thus realizing life to be full of despair, yet have come to terms with this and resigned myself to expect it, nay, embrace it.

Come to me soon, Pandora. Before I no longer exist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been almost a year. 364 days to be precise.

When I left you at that grey, nondescript, overly lit public building I knew I'd see you again but there were still some 'what ifs'.

Come back soon Pandora.

Come back better.

Hang on a minute... are you telling me you've been waiting for your Pandora to return from an RMA ... for a *YEAR*!!! :blink:

I really hope I've drastically misunderstood you... because that would be serious indeed!

Eh... I think UDepths has had his Pandora for 1 year, and then finally sent it back for repairs.

Yea, had my Pandora a year, sent it back yesterday. Held out for about 6 months because I was waiting until OpenPandora shipped a load more and because I didn't want to part with it :)

Ouch. Believe me, while continuing to wait, I fear and dread the idea I would have to send her back after finally getting one.

I feel for you and all who have actually held it in your hands yet head to let her go again!

I so hope that all the tweaks, new nubs and new cables allows me to avoid this. Hope she comes back soon!

Cheers P :)

It's worth the wait BTW

*edit* To elaborate : my contract was up on my current phone and while I wanted a Galaxy S II my budget meant I had to settle for the original Galaxy S - still a decent phone. On paper this is a bit better spec-wise than a Pandora. But it's so much lesser a piece of kit, and not just because of the lack of gaming controls. The Pandora has something nothing else out there has - character.

Waiting on the pandora has kept me from buying a smartphone, because I was so excited about this little box that could do anything! Currently the only reason why I still wait for my pandora is that I don't want that my past 2 years looking at this forum has been a wast of time and I really sympathise with the OP team. But I wonder: DOES THE PANDORA TEAM WANT ME TO CANCEL MY 1ST BATCH ORDER (because the premium ones are more expensive) OR AM I DOING THE RIGHT THING BY WAITING ON THE OP TEAM TO DELIVER MY 2+ YEAR OLD ORDER ? So either ease my mind again, or release me from this agony and let my buy a smart-phone instead.

Edit: I removed part of my rant

But I wonder: DOES THE PANDORA TEAM WANT ME TO CANCEL MY 1ST BATCH ORDER (because the premium ones are more expensive) OR AM I DOING THE RIGHT THING BY WAITING ON THE OP TEAM TO DELIVER MY 2+ YEAR OLD ORDER ? So either ease my mind again, or release me from this agony and let my buy a smart-phone instead.
I am sure the team does not want you to cancel your order. I know they do appreciate the upgrades, but they are more than willing to honor your pre-order. It seems like you are insinuating that they are holding up on your order trying to force you to upgrade or something. I don't think that is the case. They are still shipping pre-orders. They just haven't gotten to yours yet. Obviously you can release yourself from the agony at any time, but I don't think you'll regret the waiting once you have it in your hands.

Back