Mmf For Gp32

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
First they concentrate on releasing MMF2 (which has to happen before September), then they concentrate on the other ports (GP32 included)

Hanz™

FIGHT THE POWER! :D
Website
Visit site
geo12 posted on Aug 23 2005 at 07:54 PM said:
MMF is a pretty good program, but how expensive will MMF2 be :(
The same price most likely and then MMF will become cheaper.

Edit: I hope they add support for the GPX2 rather than the GP32, it would be easier.

Last edited by a moderator:

pea

developer
Website
www.projectitis.com
Something like Age of Empires II on the GP would be sweet. It used to run fine on my 200MHz desktop, so with a bit of tweeking, maybe :). Micro$oft - can you make it open source :p haha!

DaveC

Internal Development
Hanz™ posted on Aug 23 2005 at 07:56 PM said:
geo12 posted on Aug 23 2005 at 07:54 PM said:
MMF is a pretty good program, but how expensive will MMF2 be  :(
The same price most likely and then MMF will become cheaper.

Edit: I hope they add support for the GPX2 rather than the GP32, it would be easier.

I hope it comes out for both. Just because the GPx2 comes out doesn't mean everyone is instantly going to dump their GP32 to get one.

Prophet

God I'm old.
Website
Visit site
As an old KlicknPlay fan, I would gladly pay a few bucks to be able to run MMF games on GPX2. I'd even buy the PC version so I can make my own games without actually having to write code. :p I once made a pretty good "Venture" spinoff and "Arkanoid" spinoff with KnP, and MMF is much better than KnP was. :)

Prophet

God I'm old.
Website
Visit site
DaveC posted on Aug 23 2005 at 10:13 PM said:
I hope it comes out for both.  Just because the GPx2 comes out doesn't mean everyone is instantly going to dump their GP32 to get one.

Shouldn't be hard to do both once you do one, both are ARM based.

But an MMF runtime that hooked into the GPX2's 2D acceleration functions would be especially nice. Should be able to get awesome frame rates with tons of things going on that way.

IMO MMF for GP devices would be a revolution for homebrew. :)

EDIT: Whoah, MMF is $99! :unsure: I wonder if Games Factory games would also run on an MMF runtime? Cuz GF is just $29 for the home version.

geo12

Retrofuturist
Website
Visit site
I hope they make to runtime for the first MMF tho, b/c i dont wanna have to pay for another program.The gpx2 will be expensive enough. :(