Moderator needed!

yeah good to see Sony back and back in his moderator boots?

With Wally quitting, ED's probably going to have to pick some mods soon - with an emphasis on plural.

Is it a big deal?

I personally would be a bit upset if I was made a mod.

Way back before Sony and Prometheus were chosen, my name was mentioned (i was much more active back then)... And I made it known I had no interest.

It's a lot of responsibility, and in my view, would take all the fun out of visiting the forums. I actually don't understand the desire for power (in my view anyone who wants it is already corrupt to some degree).

I would only ever put myself forward if those in power were abusing their position and needed to be replaced (i despise injustice and inequality).

Is it a big deal?

Way back before Sony and Prometheus were chosen, my name was mentioned (i was much more active back then)... And I made it known I had no interest.

It's a lot of responsibility, and in my view, would take all the fun out of visiting the forums. I actually don't understand the desire for power (in my view anyone who wants it is already corrupt to some degree).

I would only ever put myself forward if those in power were abusing their position and needed to be replaced (i despise injustice and inequality).
Same here, but i think that Lao-Tse was right.

The ones without any desire for power would always be the best leaders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not even one person said my name.... *heartbreak* ;-;
It matters not. Nobody mentioned mine, either, yet, here we both are!

Is it a big deal?

It is a lot of responsibility.

I can't speak for others, but, for me, at least, this is no desire for power. For me, it is a desire to give something back to a community that has given me so much, and has been unfailingly helpful and generous. since I can't really code my way out of a paper bag, this is my way to give back.

Seeing as I run my own Forum Boards and am SYSOP of my own online text-based role playing game, I certainly have experience modding.

Actually, one of the hardest parts of being a mod...really...is monitoring your own reactions in a non-mod capacity. I know I'm not alone when I say that it just is not as satisfying...to press an "Alert" button...as it is to rip someone to shreds when you don't agree with them.

However, in the interest of being fair...this is exactly what a mod MUST do...when in a non-mod capacity...because it is not becoming to a mod to respond to flamebait...nor is it seemly for that mod to mod the thread they themselves are being flamebaited in...it is more seemly to let another mod deal with it.

So it is a tough job. And, quite frankly, if done properly, there is not really ANY power or glory that comes with it.

I offered up because I was a natural fit on a couple of levels - 1 previous and current experience. Two the fact that I can cover U.S. time zones...which was mentioned as being needed. Three, my desire to give back to this community what I can.

To agree with Kumaki, in my experience I've always found it to be more important what a mod *doesn't* say than what he does. If in doubt, just leave the Reply button alone and walk away... (which can be difficult)

To agree with Kumaki, in my experience I've always found it to be more important what a mod *doesn't* say than what he does. If in doubt, just leave the Reply button alone and walk away... (which can be difficult)
Exactly.It can be VERY difficult.

People routinely say things to each other on the Net that they'd NEVER say to someone's face.

Civility is often lacking on the Net. Because it's easy to be un-civil. What's hard is to walk away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back