Money-back-guarantee

mr.mike

Still Fresh
As I am german Im not sure if this is the right heading. What I am talking about is the german "Geldzurückgarantie" or something like that. I think they are forced by law to guarantee the consumer to give them the money back if they send in the purchased :pandora1: within the first 2 weeks.
I just wanted to ask wheather this is right or not...cuz that would be very important to me :rolleyes:

Kyosys said:
if you aren't sure, don't preorder.
thats my thought dude! but if there is that guarantee...i porbably will preorder

Last edited by a moderator:
This shouldn't be true for devices which are using semi-conductors Iirc. However, I have to agree with Kyosys...
//Edit: Think about it: If you take this right, you hurt the team - not many people want to buy a used pandora I think. It would be hard to resell it, and its not meant to be given back after only 2 weeks.

FYI there's a similar 2 week "cooling off period" for distance purchases made in the UK. Not sure whether it's mandatory mind you.

to answer your question a lil quote (since your german):
3. Widerruf

Der Besteller kann seinerseits schriftlich (auch per E-Mail) oder durch Rücksendung der Ware innerhalb von zwei Wochen nach Erhalt der Ware den Vertrag widerrufen. Für die Wahrung der Widerrufsfrist genügt die rechtzeitige Absendung des Widerrufs oder der Ware. Sofern der Bestellwert mehr als 40,00 € beträgt, erstattet der gp2x Shop die Kosten der Rücksendung. Es wird darauf hingewiesen, dass der gp2x Shop ggf. eine durch Ingebrauchnahme der Sache entstandene Wertminderung einbehalten kann.

Ein Widerrufsrecht besteht nicht bei Software, die vom Besteller entsiegelt worden ist, ferner nicht bei Leistungen, die online (z.B. Software zum Download) übermittelt worden sind.

so .. if you buy @ eds shop you can send it back and they even refund your shipping payment.

Ein Widerrufsrecht besteht nicht bei Software, die vom Besteller entsiegelt worden ist

so this does not apply to hardware?

Actually in Germany there isn't a law forcing sellers to guarantee their customers to give back goods that are not damaged. If someone buys something it is a void contract and like the seller can't take the sold item back to sell it to someone willing to pay more the cutomer can't give it back to get his/her money back.
I just learned this the hard way some time ago :(

And I don't think the pandora-distributing will use a money-back-guarantee since it's so small and if all who allready worry about preordering but do it anyways want their money back the devs will be ruined.

So my opinion is that if you are sure that you "need" ^^ a pandora you will buy it but if not you shouldn't buy it just to give it back and take back the pandora fundings.

FYI: You're mixing two things up here. A "Money back guarantee" is a thing the seller CAN offer in his AGB voluntarily. There is no law forcing it.

(Since you're german I'll use the german law terms.)
What you mean is "Widerrufsrecht, Rückgaberecht, Recht auf Wandlung" according to the "Fernabgabegesetz"(the whole thing is here:http://www.kfz-auskunft.de/info/fernabgabegesetz.html).

"§ 361a Widerrufsrecht Kaufvertrag - Rücktritt vom Kaufvertrag" is the most important bit there:
http://www.kfz-auskunft.de/info/361a.html

Don't get confused, because it's on a website about cars and stuff, the trade laws apply to all goods.

BTW: What ED offers in his Shop is not a "Money back guarantee", it's what he has to do according to the "Fernabgabegesetz".

lardman said:
FYI there's a similar 2 week "cooling off period" for distance purchases made in the UK. Not sure whether it's mandatory mind you.
The cooling off period is for contracts which are entered into. For any contract entered into you have 14 days to change your mind and essentially tear up the contract, providing you send back, in working order, any items given to you as part of this contract.

It does not apply to consumer items, other than those packaged as part of a contract. ie. If you take a contract out on a phone then you have the legal right to return it in full working order within 14 days and void the contract (you will be charged for any calls you have made). If you buy a pay-and-go phone you have no such legal right, though some retailers may choose to provide their own guarantee.

Babrios said:
FYI: You're mixing two things up here. A "Money back guarantee" is a thing the seller CAN offer in his AGB voluntarily. There is no law forcing it.

(Since you're german I'll use the german law terms.)
What you mean is "Widerrufsrecht, Rückgaberecht, Recht auf Wandlung" according to the "Fernabgabegesetz"(the whole thing is here:http://www.kfz-auskunft.de/info/fernabgabegesetz.html).

"§ 361a Widerrufsrecht Kaufvertrag - Rücktritt vom Kaufvertrag" is the most important bit there:
http://www.kfz-auskunft.de/info/361a.html

Don't get confused, because it's on a website about cars and stuff, the trade laws apply to all goods.

BTW: What ED offers in his Shop is not a "Money back guarantee", it's what he has to do according to the "Fernabgabegesetz".

thats exactly what i was thinking of. :D

What we really need to know is ,does the Pandora have a Manafacturers
warranty for items damaged in shipping and - or within a 30 day period
where the item becomes faulty due to bad workmanship of the actual build of the product.

Also ,here in the uk ,there is normaly a 1 year repair replacement warranty on all electrical products.

The 30 day period is where the product can be replaced,repaired
free of charge or you can also opt to have your money back.

We all want to know where the pandora stands with regards to warranty
and if so ,does the 30day returns - money back work.

P-J said:
To the guy who asked : Yes, the UK distance selling regulations ARE enforced by law. The two week cooling off period is applicable to all sellers, not just those that opt-in.
As quoted before, the distance selling directive is across the EU.

Back