More numbers, late again :) (2011 - 04 - 05)

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Some might've seen I haven't posted much since Wednesday... I had a lot of work in my other job, so I'm sorry for the lack of updates.

This means, that I'm late again with telling you guys the latest status from CircuitCo - the numbers I'll post here are the status from March 29th.

Basically, they finished and shipped 200 more boards to UK within one week.

Production and repairments are working side by side, the 73 boards that had LCD issues have been fixed, for example.

Well, here is the quick overview from one week ago. The numbers in (brackets) are the ones I last posted, so you can see what happened.

Boards shipped to us so far: 2603 (2403)

Boards currently being tested: 130 (177)

Boards left to build: 410 (550)

Boards currently being debugged (more info below): 404 (447)

Boards currently being touched up: 313 (293)

Here are more in-depth infos for you guys:

Boards with LCD issues: 0 (73)

Boards with SD Card Slot 2 issues: 22 (22)

Boards with various issues (audio, nubs, etc.) but booting fine: 106 (76)

Boards that need to be reworked (as mentioned above): 150 (150)

Boards that don't boot: 126 (126)

Thank you ED. Even the smallest bits of updates on a semi-regular basis (even when not immediate) keeps me and I'm sure many others happier about the wait.

"Boards left to build: 410 (550)", does that mean that is whats left of batch1 to finished and move on to batch2?

"Boards left to build: 410 (550)", does that mean that is whats left of batch1 to finished and move on to batch2?

Those are the boards left to build from Batch 1, yes. But there are boards to be debugged and fixed from Batch 1 as well.

They have been produced but have issues they need to fix.

Awesome news ED!

Batch 1 should be finished soon, bring on batch 2 and 3! :p

Chris

I hope I get my Pandora soon. I will be moving in a few weeks which means I will have to catch the train to work. I would love to have my Pandora by then to make the trip entertaining.

I'm still confused boards LEFT TO BUILD means Full Pandora's left to build and ship from batch 1 correct?

I'm still confused boards LEFT TO BUILD means Full Pandora's left to build and ship from batch 1 correct?
Since this is the status from CircuitCo, the board manufacturer, I'm pretty sure that "boards left to build" means boards left to build, which later get made into full Pandoras. ;)

Since this is the status from CircuitCo, the board manufacturer, I'm pretty sure that "boards left to build" means boards left to build, which later get made into full Pandoras. ;)

OH right DUH but that is fantastic! Less than 1000 Pandora's to go!

So from this, it looks like batch one is now 3013 boards (2603 + 410) ? The last queue number I got was > 3200. Does that mean that the queue has shrunk and I'm now < 3013 or have I been bumped to batch 2?

So from this, it looks like batch one is now 3013 boards (2603 + 410) ? The last queue number I got was > 3200. Does that mean that the queue has shrunk and I'm now < 3013 or have I been bumped to batch 2?

Batch 1 is 3900 boards minus the ones that cannot be fixed anymore (hopefully not too many)

If you check the numbers I posted, you can also see that about 400 boards are currently being debugged, over 100 are being tested, some are being fixed, etc.

These are boards that HAVE been produced already (so they are NOT included in the left-to-build-count) but have not been shipped because they have issues and need to be debugged / fixed first.

That'd mean that we're about 66-67% into batch 1, over half way! Yaay =)

Thanks again for the update, ED. Appropriately enough, "I'm Getting Closer To My Home" by Grand Funk Railroad is playing on my Pandora radio station as I type. Irony?

That'd mean that we're about 66-67% into batch 1, over half way! Yaay =)
So, just another six months or so to go?

I stand by what I said. This is a joke.

OPT: Can't you just send me the parts and I'll build my own Pandora? It looks like that's the only way I'll get it before my birthday.

Thanks for the new numbers ED!

It really seems, that the new guy at CC is doing his job conscientious. :)

Back