More numbers, late again :) (2011 - 04 - 05)

I'm sorry you didn't know about this, we are going to do a newsletter telling everyone.

I'm in contact with Jacquelyn, and she told me there is an additional VAT cost of 96.20€ (£85.50). I'm not sure yet if this applies to me, since I don't live in Great Brittain(I live in Sweden) and according to the European Comission - Taxation and Customs Union they say "goods which are sold for export or services which are sold to customers abroad are normally not subject to VAT.".

So, make sure to clear this issue up in the newsletter and preferably here in this thred as well.

Questions:

I imagine the 7days Pandora are "taken" from the Pandora of the 1st Batch ordered to CC so,

-Is there some of the 1st batch pre-order pushed on the 2nd Batch because of the 7days Pandora?

-Isn't there a risk that, because of the increased time of 1st batch pre-order because of the 7days Pandora, more people form the 1st ordered canceled? And so that the goal of the 7days Pandora "fall in the water" (fall through)?

The short answers are most likely no and no.

The number of "7 day" orders is very low (Craig stated that he receives up to 10 per week) which is less than 100 units over two and a half months. Furthermore, many of the "7 day" orders would be former pre-orders who paid extra.

This means that the "increased time of 1st batch pre-order because of the 7days Pandora" would be almost non-existent.

There might have been a few cancellations due to speculation that it would delay pre-orders substantially, but not enough to affect the project that much.

I'm in contact with Jacquelyn, and she told me there is an additional VAT cost of 96.20€ (£85.50). I'm not sure yet if this applies to me, since I don't live in Great Brittain(I live in Sweden) and according to the European Comission - Taxation and Customs Union they say "goods which are sold for export or services which are sold to customers abroad are normally not subject to VAT.".
As I understand it, that applies to items exported outside of the EU. Sweden and the UK are both members of the EU, even if neither are eurozone countries (i.e. we still use our original currencies). It gets slightly complicated if the two countries have different VAT rates as the UK and Sweden currently does, but I'm afraid I don't know how that works in practice.

As I understand it, that applies to items exported outside of the EU. Sweden and the UK are both members of the EU, even if neither are eurozone countries (i.e. we still use our original currencies). It gets slightly complicated if the two countries have different VAT rates as the UK and Sweden currently does, but I'm afraid I don't know how that works in practice.
The last post was not mine I replied it added it the previous members post agai sorry>.

I do not post much on these forums but Something has to be done here.

We the members that ordered our Pandoras in the first batch( mine July 2009)

have got a really raw deal. With the advent of the 7 day Pandora none of us know where we stand.

I think we are being fobbed of again and again I contacted Jakoline a couple of times about delivery .

The last few times told in the next four to five weeks.

If we cancel we lose all I do not have the money to upgrade I am fed up to the TEETH of promoses.

I want my Pandora now before a fly by 7 day rich kid gets his.

This is the worst wait for anything I have ever done.

Evil Dragon please reply to this.

Somebody tells us to shut up and that everbody is doing their best there comes a point whwn you cannot take anymore lies????

Evil Dragon I want answers now???

^

As far as I know there were never any lies from Open Pandora. They just told us what they were told by the factories.

And ED has written somewhere that they are selling only about 10 Premium Pandoras per week, of, I don't know (since I went Premium), more than 200 produced per week?

Well you went premium? there has been more stuff about this machine that never came through for some of us.

I think the air needs to be cleared here ans everybody from batch one wants a bit of realism.

it is just a joke nubs factories texas new guy cables lcd.

I think you can take so much crap and its about time we got true answers WHEN WILL I GET MY PANDORA that I PAID FOR WHEN!!!!

Evil Dragon I want answers now???
With all due respect, you have said nothing that hasn't been said, requested, answered, countered, reposte, dodged, complained about, or settled. There are litterally dozens if not hundreds of PAGES of posts on the subject of the seven day Pandoras. There's no need to re-open old wounds. Go back through the forum, read the already existing threads, and if you still have unanswered questions or complaints, then you should bring them forward.

I think you can take so much crap and its about time we got true answers WHEN WILL I GET MY PANDORA that I PAID FOR WHEN!!!!

You will get it as soon as we got enough working PCBs from CircuitCo to fullfill the orders up to yours.

That's the closest answer I can give you, as I am no magician.

Everything else has been answered already, but I'm happy to answer any questions left you might have.

I know everything has been answered already.

I read the forums (all of them) It seems to me if anybody asks anything here.

about order numbers delivery you get your knuckles rapped.

As I said before I dont post much on forums but I have reached a point that I

cannot get one straight answer.

Why was I told every time I asked about delivery in a couple of weeks

Its about time you gave us a real delivery date.

And i am entitled to post here its not a closed shop.

There is always an excuse volcanoes reactors faulty devices frankly I am fed up of been

told the same thing every month (now years)

So dont fob me off with crap,

Just tell me when I will get my Pandora

There are too many Sheep on these forums.

Unbelievable the way we have been treated we are the people got this project off the ground with our hard earned money.

The seven day Pandoras was the worst decision the company has made

The first computer I built in kit form was zx81.

and I was really looking forward to a completely new machine as the ZX was way back then

Open Pandora has shattered my dreams once too often.

Please reply

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there no more members who will lend a bit of support here

The Pandora would not have got off the ground without people like myself(and shut up about old wounds)

I want my Pandora I have paid before this 7 day crap was brought in.

There must be a lot of people who feel Like I do.

Where are your views please reply.

I am not afraid to say what 90 percent of 1st batchers think.

You people think we are going to be fobbed off for years.

really angry and fed up of same bloody crap all the time>>>>?

I dont want to cancel my order what would the point in that be.

your answer is just what I am talking about

Can nobody get the message here we are listening to this typical type

answers all the time.

I cannot understand why you went the route of the 7 day

Surely you seem to be able to supply them in 7 days instantly

You should have given the real Pandora People like me

the Pandora before these leeches!

WE are the people that paid first this goes against all the laws of fairness I know.

I have waited two long years.

Why can we not be shipped our order now ( i mean anyone over two years)

I do not understand why I get more or less shut up and wait

I have waited and waited someone its time too kick ass!!

Why do you tell us we are nearly there when nobodys knows where there is.

Please somebody answer this with a bit of real logic cause I cannot seem

to get sense out of nobody

I am not letting this go

Answer now?

Have you seen the first post in this thread? That's real answers, albeit long overdue, and we don't have enough data yet to come close to answering basic questions like 'where's my Pandora'. I've yet to see any evidence that the premium pandora project has resulted in increased production for non-premium units, but I accept the argument that us preorderers are getting our units for below cost, especially when you factor in all the delays in production, so I don't object to OPT getting a bit more money. I do expect to see an improvement in the weekly numbers given they're still way below what was promised (to OPT, not to us), but for now I'm content that we're getting real numbers that we can make our own judgements on.

Then you didn't read any of the discussions that already went on about this which you said you did. The argument for the 7 day Pandoras was that the small amount of extra money was supposed to let Craig hire more people to build, at a time when CC was exceeding the rate which Craig could build things alone. The 7 day Pandoras were supposed to make yours come faster. And then CC slowed down production again, so it unfortunately became a lost cause, but the additional money raised is enough to keep the team going a little longer. Hopefully it will be long enough to actually complete the project. The alternative to raising more money by selling these premiums is to cancel the project.

It did help a few people get theirs a few weeks earlier than they would have otherwise, so that's a bonus, right?

They've supplied fewer than 100 7 day Pandoras instantly. They cannot turn 100 Pandoras into 3000 no matter how much you complain.

Are there no more members who will lend a bit of support here

Well, what are you asking for?

Most members her know that we can't tell you when you will get your unit as we don't know how fast CC is able to ship them to us.

That's a fact, and nothing I can change.

So the only thing you're asking is something no one can answer. Even if 3000 people who preordered would ask, it wouldn't change that.

We build and ship them as fast as we get the boards and can build them.

If you know a way HOW we could tell you when exactly you will get your unit, please let us know.

I don't know of any way, so I can't help much here, sadly.

I dont want to cancel my order what would the point in that be.

your answer is just what I am talking about

Can nobody get the message here we are listening to this typical type

answers all the time.

You should have given the real Pandora People like me

the Pandora before these leeches!

WE are the people that paid first this goes against all the laws of fairness I know.

I have waited two long years.

Why can we not be shipped our order now ( i mean anyone over two years)

I do not understand why I get more or less shut up and wait

I have waited and waited someone its time too kick ass!!

Why do you tell us we are nearly there when nobodys knows where there is.

Please somebody answer this with a bit of real logic cause I cannot seem

to get sense out of nobody

I am not letting this go

Answer now?
If you think you can do better, you're welcome to make your own handheld ultramobile PC, paid for out of your own pocket with the help of a supportive community and assembled by hand, and sell it to a niche market. Open Pandora LTD are collectively busting their asses to try and satisfy everybody, they don't need people like you to bust their chops while they're doing it. All you're doing is slowing them down.

Be patient. We'll all get our Pandora, and it will be awesomesauce.

Well, what are you asking for?

Most members her know that we can't tell you when you will get your unit as we don't know how fast CC is able to ship them to us.

That's a fact, and nothing I can change.

So the only thing you're asking is something no one can answer. Even if 3000 people who preordered would ask, it wouldn't change that.

We build and ship them as fast as we get the boards and can build them.

If you know a way HOW we could tell you when exactly you will get your unit, please let us know.

I don't know of any way, so I can't help much here, sadly.
Don't feed the troll, man. You don't need the added stress, you're already half a step away from a heart attack. :blink: If he's really that butthurt about not having his Pandora RIGHT NOW, he can upgrade to a 7-day unit or get a refund and that will be the end of it. For my part, after seeing your update about CC's progress, I'm pretty confident that most or all of us first batch preorders will have our units by the end of April.

Upgrade, you'll have a premium shipping within 7 business days. Do you feel good about taking something from someone knowing you are taking money out of their pocket at the same time? The price we paid for the Pandora for preorder was actually less than the units cost to produce when all was said and done. So you can in my mind, do the right thing and pay the Open Pandora team the money to upgrade, give them some profit, you get your Pandora. Winning duh.

The thing you should keep in the back of your head regarding waiting is this:

The people at the end of batch 1 will have a video cable that is more resistant to breaking than the current one being used. Think about that for a few minutes.

My 2¢ Please don't take it personally.

I just will not post here any more you just get kicked in the teeth everytime

Thanks for nothing (and nothing is what I have)

You people talk about me not reading posts I told you I dont have the cash to upgrade.

I live in Ireland no money no Pandora....

You didn't make a very good first impression. You came in cursing and screaming. You were looking for a fight, and then you complain when people respond?

Next time you want answers, you may try being polite. It works. Honest. "Hey guys, can someone explain the 7 day thing? I don't understand why it is necessary. Doesn't this cut into existing orders? I must admit, I'm a little upset that someone can come along and get what I've been waiting for for two years just because they pay more"

I'd have done a lot of work to make you feel more at ease if you'd said something like that. Instead you came in and instantly started complaining. You're lucky you got any answers. :/

Thanks for nothing (and nothing is what I have)

You people talk about me not reading posts I told you I dont have the cash to upgrade.

I live in Ireland no money no Pandora....
You've been making unreasonable demands and refusing to listen while everyone else patiently explained the situation to you multiple times. What you've been doing here is akin to approaching a woman during the tenth hour of what will ultimately prove to be 15 hours of painful labor, slapping her across the face, and shouting "Where's that baby you promised me, woman?! Why haven't you put that brat in my arms yet?! Get the lead out you lazy #$^@!!"

Open Pandora Ltd. may not be a woman, but they're very much in labor. They're all busting their asses as hard as they can, only instead of giving birth to a baby, they're giving birth to a dream. Just as any woman would immediately and righteously emasculate you on the spot for doing something like that, so also do you deserve to be "kicked in the teeth" for being an impatient jerk.

EvilDragon is just too nice to do it himself, but that's okay because the rest of the community has got his back. :lol:

Back