More numbers, late again :) (2011 - 04 - 05)

I'd take that snake oil over a Pandora at this point anyway, at least I'd have a slight chance of placebo effect.
So why are you still here? Seriously. You aren't really going to convince anyone to drop the project with your arguments. Sounds to me like you just want to vent, and if that's the case, this isn't the best place for it. Venting was the reason Livejournal was invented. Honest, if you're angry enough that you need to come here and yell at someone, I think you'll find you'll feel a whole lot better with a huge LJ post where you can detail every nit you want to pick without fear of someone interrupting or trying to change your mind. That's the sole reason I've still got a Live Journal account, anyway. Posting here, all you're doing is making people who do not think like you hate you, and that's not good for anybody.

It probably isn't relevent to be in this forum. Anyway, I just wanted to say...

It is always interesting to come back to the forums not because of the latest Pandora news, but the moaning and bitching that appears in practically all topics.

I ordered my Pandora around September 2010. I was told that if I pre-ordered ASAP, I was 'Garantueed' to get it by Christmas. It is April now and I am not moaning one bit. Why? Because this is a unique project and proud to be part of such. Sure, I would LOVE to have the Pandora at my door step, but I am more than happy to wait!

I know a number of you have ordered WELL BEFORE Sept 2010. However, it will arrive!

Stop moaning!!

Keep up the great work Pandora team. Work as hard as you can... but please don't make yourselves ill! Myself, and others, appreciate what your doing!

All the best

For fun, I did a little calculation: 27€ / 647 days of waiting since payment ~= 0.04€ or 4 cents extra per day.

All those worthless 5-cents I fed to birds in the park could easily afford me a "premium". On this time scale (approaching 2 years) the extra is nothing to what I was already charged.

This is wrong.

I paid 365€ for my Pandora with extra battery and tv-out in July 2009. The 7-day Pandora only costs 27€ more.
This 365 include battery and tv-out.

Battery costs 21€, tv-out cable 14€, this means a Premium Upgrade would cost you 27€+21€+14€=62€.

This means you made 62€ of profit with 330€ in 647 days.

If you put your 330€ on a bank with 0.5% interest rate (is this the right expression in English?) you had made 29.24€ profit.

So by ordering a Pandora early you made double the profit as if you would have let the money on your bank account and ordered a Premium now.

thanx for ur update ED...

On another note, i do miss your "one video per day", i know you are probably really busy, but maybe you can make a video of the production line of Pandora? so we can see those babies being produced.. ;)

thanx for ur update ED...

On another note, i do miss your "one video per day", i know you are probably really busy, but maybe you can make a video of the production line of Pandora? so we can see those babies being produced.. ;)

Nope. He's in Germany, Craig's in England.

I originally ordered in May 2009 and was approximately 1650 - 1750 in the Batch 1 queue. For sometime during the long waiting period I contemplated buying other gadgets including a Wiz, Dingoo, etc just to keep me occupied while I waited for my Pandora. I didn't and kept waiting and waiting thinking that delivery would be imminent.

I too was somewhat annoyed when the Premium Pandoras were announced and when I still didn't really see an improvement in delivery times, I caved in and upgraded to a Premium Pandora. Part of my justification was that I could have already blown the money on one of the aforementioned gadgets anyway.

I'm glad I did as I've now had my Pandora for about 6 weeks, and reading the forums it appears that I still would not have received my queue position Pandora.

Also, to anyone who is in the queue after me: You're welcome, as me forking out extra cash to buy a Premium Pandora means that you have moved up the queue by one position.

I upgraded my order last week and now I got an email telling me my pandora will be at my doorstep withing 48 hours because I had upgraded my shipping a couple of week when I order my pandora for the first time I ordered my in Oct 2009 and I was told I was getting it before Xmas and well I waited and complained on the forum asking wheres my order and now I said fuck it and upgraded my queue was 2400-2500 when they started giving out the numbers I knew by the time I got my pandora it would be by next Feburary 2013 LOL!! Anyway I looked at it this way if the project dont get the help that it need to finish then when you get your pandora there will be no real development for the device I mean I thought about it all the way around and I support the project!! So if you have that extra cash lying around do yourself a favor and upgrade your order cause hell when they finish all these preorders the price probably only gonna go up by then!! Just my 2 cents!!!

There are a lot of units shipping this week, 200+.

Cool, that is good news.

Do you think that will that clear any orders from Day 2 ?

from openpandorasales@gmail.com

to *@*.*

date 2 October 2008 09:30

subject Your order from OPENPANDORA LIMITED has been processed successfully

I reckon that mine must be close now.

Oh and that time was buying in the UK from your shoppe.

There are a lot of units shipping this week, 200+.

So this is after the number update on the status page, or is this more numbers don't match and we're now at "2500"

2400 (minus 350 rma) to 2500 (minus 400 rma) so we went from 2050 working wild pandoras (wwp?) to 2100?

Maybe, I'm not sure if CC are sending more units this week or not.

Ah, no worries.

Still, can't be much longer now.

Cheers.

CC are fixing a lot of boards so a huge shipment may arrive sometime quite soon.
I just checked my tracking number for my ups shipped pandora and I gave sales my new address and now it is shipped you my old address that is almost 3 hours away from me what can I do to fix this problem??? HELP!!! I waited almost 2 year for this thing and now my pandora is going to be longer for me to get :(

I just checked my tracking number for my ups shipped pandora and I gave sales my new address and now it is shipped you my old address that is almost 3 hours away from me what can I do to fix this problem??? HELP!!! I waited almost 2 year for this thing and now my pandora is going to be longer for me to get :(
Use the UPS website to change your shipping address soon before it gets there, or phone them up to do it but they may just direct you to the website.

No, the shipper has to change the address. Call the shop you ordered from or email with something like Urgent UPS Shipping change in your subject line if you can't phone.

Back