Moulds

craigix said:
I'm waiting to hear back from someone, so I can't really say anymore now. I could just stop giving you information in real time, but then...
As long as you are awaiting the phone call or eMail in the next minutes or hours it is great. However, if it could mean that you in the next 4 days then it is too much tension for me :)

Last edited by a moderator:
we german guys are happier and foxier and we´ve recently got some cute tux smilies... :p
joking aside...
glaszcze.gif

ED said the chinese company set the delivery date at thursday and the cases will receive mweston at saturday. so at best the massporduction of the case, AV cable and the boards could start at monday all together. but ED also emphazised that he doesn´t give any guarantee for that! he just transmitted us what the chinese had told him.
and if the chinese factory is unreliable again, ED will also fall into a rage because he still wants to begin with the pandora shipping before christmas!

source: forum.gp2x.de

I finished eating my fingernails quite a while ago. I'm now trying to fit Angstrom into a Zaurus to keep my mind off the Pandora. That's why I'm not reading/posting to these forums :D .....I'm lying of course....negation, qnhhhh. Mr. Rothwell, you're going to be the cause of my heart failure and I won't get to see the Pandora. My 8 year old daughter will inherit it to add to her Alfie, Gameboy, PSX, PSP, DS, WII, Laptop, KidiZoom etc. and it will be your fault and I will be jealous because she will be able to touch the Pandora while my ghostly hands will pass through the case, keymat, board and battery since I will be dead. I'm exhuming Agatha Cristie and sending her to you for a crash course on suspense dammit.

P.S. A while ago I posted about mediation and called to people to be patient and stay calm. That was before my fingernails finished and my 2nd hand Zaurus started giving kernel panics. Gotta stop....I feel faint...one...last...cigare..

Edit: Jeebuz, now even my pack'o'deathsticks has finished and I'm still here. Maybe there's hope for me yet!

ZoxFox said:
we german guys are happier and foxier and we´ve recently got some cute tux smilies... :p
joking aside...
glaszcze.gif

ED said the chinese company set the delivery date at thursday and the cases will receive mweston at saturday. so at best the massporduction of the case, AV cable and the boards could start at monday all together. but ED also emphazised that he doesn´t give any guarantee for that! he just transmitted us what the chinese had told him.
and if the chinese factory is unreliable again, ED will also fall into a rage because he still wants to begin with the pandora shipping before christmas!

It'll be too late for Christmas then. They begin mass production on the 7th, have a thousand done shipped out by the 8th, they arrive on the 9th at the earliest. One day delay and you're two weeks from Christmas: there is no way anything'll get shipped then.

WizardStan said:
They begin mass production on the 7th, have a thousand done shipped out by the 8th, they arrive on the 9th at the earliest.

You're funny.

dflemstr said:
WizardStan said:
Creature XL said:
Sort of geen-lighted

OMG. Will they never learn?

But still, I am so dumb to hope that it is true THIS time. :)
It's the brain washing. You don't notice until it's taken effect, and then you don't really care.
Oh yeah, the brainwashing, right... Well, my parietal lobe still hurts from the radiation treatment (their cryptic messages weren't enough in my case) but other than that, yeah, I'm pretty used to it now.

I keep mine pre-washed now - it saves time and effort.
33y0r6d.png

WizardStan said:
ZoxFox said:
joking aside...
glaszcze.gif

It'll be too late for Christmas then. They begin mass production on the 7th, have a thousand done shipped out by the 8th, they arrive on the 9th at the earliest. One day delay and you're two weeks from Christmas: there is no way anything'll get shipped then.

Well Craig said the 10th is the deadline to get the ball rolling and still meet there Christmas expectations. So as of right now I'm looking at the glass "Half Full", but I can also see the "Half Empty" glass staring me in the face. Go Figure!

Jumpman

I don't smoke. I don't have anything I can embed linux unto. I live and breathe for updates on this forum, and I'm starting to turn blue.

Based on this information, there is no way any significant number of Pandoras will ship by Christmas, IMHO.
(by significant number, I mean more than possibly the original 105, and I'm not very optimistic about them, either).
However, January is sounding pretty doable right now for a good number of shipments.
I'll just keep a candle lit in my window...

patience is a virtue people. im glad we have craigix, ed, mweston and others who dont give in to the pressure of impatient people. openpandora is taking the time to get it done right. its as simple as that.

zohnnyg said:
patience is a virtue people. im glad we have craigix, ed, mweston and others who dont give in to the pressure of impatient people. openpandora is taking the time to get it done right. its as simple as that.
No they're not. OpenPandora isn't taking any time on this; they've more or less finished all the work they can up to this point, and yes, they've taken the time to make it right. The company that was hired to make the cases, on the other hand, has been dragging it's heels in a very unprofessional manor. Even if they did "give in to the pressure" there's nothing they can do. Your comment shows a total lack of understanding of what the issues at hand really are.

Of course we will get them shipped, we will work right up to the 23rd and you can collect in person on the 24th if we have not shipped them all.

Nation.A.List said:
craigix said:
We are expecting a delivery this week, but I don't want to guess when it is coming exactly. The 1000 can arrive anytime up to about the 10th and we are still cool for Christmas shipping.
fingers_crossed.jpg

He's crossing his fingers! He's lying!

You mean we could go pick up the Pandora at the factory in Texas? Cuz I'd be out there in a heartbeat I live in San Antonio, Texas.

ThaDSman said:
You mean we could go pick up the Pandora at the factory in Texas? Cuz I'd be out there in a heartbeat I live in San Antonio, Texas.

i would too, i live 35 minutes from dallas

craigix said:
Of course we will get them shipped, we will work right up to the 23rd and you can collect in person on the 24th if we have not shipped them all.

Craig and ED is it 1000 units each to be shipped from yourselves before xmas or 1000 total - just a little confused as to who gets how many units to ship out (providing moulds finished)

I always think it's nice to know when they roughly expect to send out the last one, as at least that way everyone knows when they should have them by.

Example
First 1000 20/Dec
Last 1000 20/Jan or whatever.

I know before there was an estimate of how long it takes to assemble them, but they should have a better idea now, and know if and when the mould company plan to produce the rest.
There could be a big delay between the first 1000 and the rest, not saying there is, just be nice to know a rough time line between first and last.

Back