Silkscreening

well im sad about no silkscreening. its just more neat to have it on there. to all of us who wanted silkscreening lets just be greatful for what we have. maybe to make us feel better OP can call our non silkscreened pandoras something like "the special first batch stealth edition" or something.

Nova said:
It's a month delay. It's bearable and in my opinion preferable than an unfinished product.

Quoting for relevance:

MWeston said:
Our assembler and manufacturers make products for companies like Nokia so this won't be some two bit operation in the back of someone's garage.

It's not - this garage is out front int eh town centre...

puppydee said:
Break out the stencils and a fine white marker or I just prefer to write free hand. It'll look as good as writing your name with a mouse in paint but I think it'll add a bit of style and be a one off :)

I'm just be glad to get a box at this point :blink: Oh dam this is the complaints section, sorry I'm in the wrong thread oops :blink:

yuk - but wait, there's the germ of a great idea there. OpenPandora can produce Pandora-specific stencils, designed to fit the case perfectly so we can label our Pandoras with glittery silver pens.

Then charge us for the stencils (Firs tBatch ones cost extra).

I think Gruso said is best, and most concisely, with:

Gruso said:
I know it's a nice finishing touch, but I'd rather see it ship.

Last edited by a moderator:
craig, ED and MWeston when you ship our pandoras are they going to come with a sheet of paper with a diagram to let us know what LED is what and what plug is what etc. for dummies like me please? or make a free of charge video thats available on the pandora appstore website that we can download to our pandoras and view. the video could contain all the information we need instead of making photocopies of the diagram i mentioned above.

b1llygo4t said:
im really disappointed. so im not getting the same product as the people who didnt pre-order? the little first batch logo is what pushed me into it. i sold my wii and 360 to wait for a sub par and product.

im going to be super pissed if there is a fuck up and the second batchers get the the 1st batch logo.....

They won't get "first batch" because it obviously isn't. How do you deem a device "sub par" just because of some ink applied to the case? That is external only, it doesn't change the device at all.

Paradox said:
couldn't care less about the silkscreening. I thought it looked crappy anyway.
Fishbong said:
Looks much slicker without the silkscreen.
Agreed. The only downside I can see is for those who wish to flaunt their pre-order status, and that's covered by the serial number. Ship ASAP, Moore's law has already made the Pandora significantly less cool than it would have been if it had shipped in Nov 2008 as initially planned, let's not waste any more time.

Want / need silk? Get a second batch. This will probably be one of the changes made for that batch. It's no big deal? Good, live with it.
B!

Kloplop321 said:
b1llygo4t said:
im really disappointed. so im not getting the same product as the people who didnt pre-order? the little first batch logo is what pushed me into it. i sold my wii and 360 to wait for a sub par and product.

im going to be super pissed if there is a fuck up and the second batchers get the the 1st batch logo.....

They won't get "first batch" because it obviously isn't. How do you deem a device "sub par" just because of some ink applied to the case? That is external only, it doesn't change the device at all.

"clothes maketh the man"

zohnnyg said:
craig, ED and MWeston when you ship our pandoras are they going to come with a sheet of paper with a diagram to let us know what LED is what and what plug is what etc. for dummies like me please? or make a free of charge video thats available on the pandora appstore website that we can download to our pandoras and view. the video could contain all the information we need instead of making photocopies of the diagram i mentioned above.

They'll probably are likely to put that on the manual, as most computer/console/cameras/phone/machines have a diagram explaining the ports etc. I'm usually to excited to read manuals whenever I get a new toy though! (But I'll definitely be giving this one a thorough read).

I would of liked silkscreening, but those delays consisting of having the cases packaged, shipped somewhere else (I didn't know this as I thought the case manufacturers were doing it), then repackaged, sent back, then shipped to OP is just too much. It would also be a nightmare if the silkscreening wasn't done well and had to be sent back again.
I think the right decision has been made.

im glad about the silkscreening thing.

because i dont really care if my pandora will have silkscreening or not.
No silkscreening will look cool, and military style, and with silkscreening it looks more console like, wich is also fine by me.

But if i had a choice, i would say no silkscreening.

Whether or not you apply thinner on a 2nd batch Pandora to make it look like a 1st batch one, I will still know that mine is a real 1st batcher.

Ah, another delay? it souldnt ammuse me. I just came home from the vecation in the Philippines thinking my unit already arrived with the promicing words earlyer. But it didnt seems so! and now another month, and when its gone another more and so one for ever.
Im ordernumber 1800 mabye i can resive it for new years at least i hope. :S

It seems to me like somone is hiding somthing, blaming on Chinese (happy or sad) workers and Chinese holibays dosnt convince me.

Hopefully there's another communication breakdown and the Chinese factory go ahead with the silkscreening anyway :p

Plus, weren't OP getting 10,000 cases done all at once, won't that mean 2nd and 3rd batches will be without silkscreening also?

Evil Star said:
Hopefully there's another communication breakdown and the Chinese factory go ahead with the silkscreening anyway :p

Plus, weren't OP getting 10,000 cases done all at once, won't that mean 2nd and 3rd batches will be without silkscreening also?

10,000 cases means batch 1 and 2, not batch 1,2 and 3

I wanted the silkscreen, too, but you know what? I watched all of ED's recent videos yesterday. Then last night I dreamed(vividly) I had a Pandora and was messing with settings and stuff, and not ONCE while watching those videos or dreaming did I miss the silkscreen. You really don't notice.

eeekubuntu said:
Im ordernumber 1800

g22_17448829.jpg

Attachments

• g22_17448829.jpg
    g22_17448829.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 93
I just wanted something to differentiate the first batch from the following batches.
I still hope we will get a little something, but since first and second batch case will be the same, I have some doubts.

Back