The Cases: What's Done And What's Next?

PandoraRox

Still Fresh
Perhaps we need a list to track what had been finished with the cases and what needs to be done. This way, we will be able to check off what's left until the cases are ready. Status updates on the 3rd revision are welcome too.

First Case Revision

Good, but had flaws with LCD port and shoulder buttons.
There was no silkscreening in this revision (?)

Second Case Revision

LCD Port flaws and shoulder buttons fixed
Silkscreening was done
Mainly cosmetic changes were needed

Third Case Revision

Cosmetic Changes (?)

So.. what's fixed:

LCD port
Shoulder buttons

And what needs to be fixed:

Cosmetic Issues

I hope this is mostly accurate. Feel free to add anything you want.

I agree- it looks accurate to me?

What I dont understand is why something seemingly minor would take so long to fix... unless the company had to restart that part of the mould from scratch...

greendots said:
I agree- it looks accurate to me?

What I dont understand is why something seemingly minor would take so long to fix... unless the company had to restart that part of the mould from scratch...

I sure hope not.

Last edited by a moderator:
greendots said:
What I dont understand is why something seemingly minor would take so long to fix...

easy to answer. In the email from the Chinese which Craig published in this forum, they simply stated that they will not START the 3rd test case until 15th of January. Easy as that. There was some "stuff" missing which I didn't understand. But they decided they needed of that and so they moved the START of the 3rd case to the 15th.

Normally, I would say this is a typical Craig tease, but like I said earlier the cases should arrive monday or tuesday, so there is no line to read between with this paticular post! So let's please not start up with any conspiracy theories! ;)

Chris

Yep some edible pictures or delicious,whichever, sounds good.How bout a lil hot sauce on there.

craigix said:
I'm hoping we can show you some delicious photos on Monday.

On next Monday or in another two weeks? ;-)

Monday.... Hmmm??

That sounds nice - but we have not heard anything about cases definately arriving on Monday....

The initial list seems great. It does not seem like much needs to be done with the cases now.
I hope the silkscreening text lines up a little better than some of the photos.
I think "first batch" text was misaligned. I'll check later.

If they had arrived yesterday, Craig would have said they had arrived yesterday, just to shut everybody up.
It's possible the tracking number kicked in and is showing that it arrived at the sorting center nearest MWeston yesterday, so will definitely be arriving (bearing any major screw ups from the post) on Monday. That would make sense to me.

Back