The Cases: What's Done And What's Next?

craigix said:
I'm hoping we can show you some delicious photos on Monday.
Hmm...
it's again "hope" and again "Monday" next week...intertesting. I read alot between the lines. ;)

Sounds like the Factory didn't ship the parts around the 15. January. Because it doesn't take 10 Days for the shipping.
Maybe the Cases were ready at the 15. but the Factory started with shipping just this week. OR they needed again some more days to fix stuff so the shipping also started this week.

Well, we will see monday (or not) whats going on...

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
Does that mean that:

a. MW have received the cases.
b. You know where the package is.
c. You are hoping that the package will arrive on Monday.
d. None of the above.

My guess.

1. Cases arrived.
2. They were perfect.
3. Tired of all the complaints, the Pandora team decides to build a few units and suprise us all.
4. Monday we get a video of the COMPLETED FINISHED unit with a few sitting in the background teasing us.
5. We then wait a few weeks for production to ramp up and Chinese New Year to go away and shipping to start.

skeezix said:
He said delicious. That means he may post a photo of a donut!

What can't donuts do?

jeff

6a00d83451ba8c69e20112790e444528a4-800wi

Mmm donuts.

Actually I don't mean that. I made a jam donut milkshake the other day, and managed to put myself off both donuts and milkshakes.

Maybe they decided to cancel the contract with the chinese factory and worked on a biodegradable home-brew case on their own:

Nintendo-DS-cake.jpg

... delicious.

craigix said:

Come on man, what does that mean??

Just say if you haven't received them? Its not your fault that you haven't got them yet, I think people would appreciate a little update no matter what the outcome was - I know I would.

We've been waiting since the 15th to hear whats happened.

CodeTwister said:
Maybe they decided to cancel the contract with the chinese factory and worked on a biodegradable home-brew case on their own:

Nintendo-DS-cake.jpg

... delicious.

Oooooh my gawd! Is that cake? It looks absolutely scrumptious!
Even if it were clay I would still try to take a bite out of it.

lol, I sound like a fat kid

ThaDSman said:
Oooooh my gawd! Is that cake? It looks absolutely scrumptious!

The bottom is fruit cake, the lid is made of sugar with spaghetti inside to mount it :)
Somehow I think I've once seen a Pandora cake, too. But I was not able to find the image.

craigix said:

I think it is a joke with all of these deliberately vague replies which could always be interpreted both ways. What happened with the offer of being open about the news from the factory?

If everyone is clamouring for news then what is the point with just saying "hoping" without any other supporting facts knowing full well that "hoping" does not mean anything by itself. It really does not take longer out of anyone's busy schedule to write one more sentence if they are going to write something anyway.

If you really do not have any news to report then just say it. For example:

We haven't heard anything direct from the factory, but I'm still hoping we will receive the cases by Monday so we can show you some delicious photos.
Or
Based on the tracking info we hope to get the cases on Monday when we can show you some delicious photos.

This is what happens each time some news is due and I don't know why:
1)People start getting impatient and several threads start clamouring for the same news.
2)People start arguing amongst each other.
3)Finally Caigix would deliberately give a one sentence and vague response.
4)The second after his post, people immediately ask for clarification due to vagueness.
5)Craigix does not reply since he is probably long gone (or watches while grinning at us idiots) or deliberately posts replies to what most people would consider as less important points.

And... FLAME ON!!!

Joking.. Although I completely agree, CraigX might as well not even post in the forums. Almost everything he say's is just vague information.

What I get from craig's post: no new info on the cases from the factory, cases still not at MWestons.
Might be he missed the postman again or packages still on their way...

Bet the second terminator never had to put up with this shit... he just willed himself into a form, and got it 100% right 100% of the time, provided he wasn't been shot up to shit by a a hot chick, her annoying 80's son, and a man who wasn't really a man, but was a machine.

craigix said:
This can mean 2 things like.

"MWeston has the cases, but he's not taking any photos intil Monday"
"I think the cases have been shipped and hope MWeston gets them on Monday"

This is the same type of info we got on the 2nd cases.

Maybe I sounded like I was having a bitch earlier... :ph34r:

I simply think everyone would appreciate it more if Craig said he hadn't heard anything or not received the cases or whatever rather than making such an ambiguous post.

Is that unreasonable? :blink:

Sounds straight forward.Craig is as excited as we are.Some delicious photos would be nice on monday.
But we will just have to wait and see.

Back