Silkscreening

(naw)mcx said:
Every one is acting as if they are not putting keyboard markings on!

EVERY ONE KNOWS WHAT USB SLOTS LOOKS LIKE, EVERY ONE KNOWS WHAT A HEADPHONE SOCKET LOOKS LIKE!

SURE!

im going to go buy a Mac laptop charger to charge my pandora, and find out that it wasn't a charger port but a USB 2.0 port
OMG, i blowed up the full PCB, and im going to return it for warranty saying it was OPT fault not to mark properly the port.

THIS IS ONLY a HYPOTHETICAL situation so CraigX please dont ask for my Order number.

i wanted to refute the above statement. and i've seen people jamming a PS2 mouse onto the serial port!.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nova said:
We were told that the silkscreening was done IN HOUSE, and that it would be done right after the cases were moulded. So we were lied to. Again. Why can't OP ever tell us like it is straight? And no, I won't surrender my order number. Try and make me.

I'd rather they change their minds dynamically (not "lying", as you call it) in the interest of lowering the risk of botching up an entire batch of cases with crappy silkscreening. I think being able to roll with the punches and avoid risk by making a decision like this is important. They'll have more time in future batches to perhaps evaluate different silkscreening companies' product quality.

Break out the stencils and a fine white marker or I just prefer to write free hand. It'll look as good as writing your name with a mouse in paint but I think it'll add a bit of style and be a one off :)

I'm just be glad to get a box at this point :blink: Oh dam this is the complaints section, sorry I'm in the wrong thread oops :blink:

puppydee said:
Break out the stencils and a fine white marker or I just prefer to write free hand. It'll look as good as writing your name with a mouse in paint but I think it'll add a bit of style and be a one off :)

I'm just be glad to get a box at this point :blink: Oh dam this is the complaints section, sorry I'm in the wrong thread oops :blink:
+1

Confirmed: all cases are signed by the OPT.

cosurgi said:
labels are for wimps!
Weren't you one of the key players in the threads about what to label the keys on the keyboard? :unsure:
:p

Nova said:
It's a month delay. It's bearable and in my opinion preferable than an unfinished product.

Yeah, and the molds were to be DONE in 45 days and 4000 cases in about 4-5 more days. That would have been 7 months ago. You really want another 30 days!?

Edit: Let's be realistic here, silk screening would have been great. Of course the only version I saw that I liked is on the Render on the Pandora main page. That being said, having waiting this long for that Chinese factory just to make the cases, I have to agree with the team it would be sheer insanity to trust that something else wouldn't go wrong and it take absolutely forever. For all the things the team has taken criticism for you'd think the one time they do something that actually makes tremendous sense and actually SHORTENS the wait, they would get support.

It would be different if the molds and cases were made quickly and with quality and they just chose not to bother, but in this situation, I just don't see how anyone can argue to take more chances given the way this factory has done things. I wanted the silk screen too, but not more than an actual Pandora.

Yeah, as Laurnecevde said below, there are 8 LED's but that will take most of us all of 1 day to memorize?

Taylor-MadeAK said:
DroneB Dev said:
Confirmed: all cases are signed by the OPT.

Source?
Confirmed: Confirmed joke needs to be added to some kind of FAQ or dropped completely.

im really disappointed. so im not getting the same product as the people who didnt pre-order? the little first batch logo is what pushed me into it. i sold my wii and 360 to wait for a sub par and product.

i wonder how many of the pre orderers wont know about this til they get their pandoras. if i got mine without knowing ahead of time i would be pissed.

im going to be super pissed if there is a fuck up and the second batchers get the the 1st batch logo.....

Oh ffs. You don't buy a device because of the little bit of paint it has on the surface. If that's all you care about then cancel your order and buy your damn wii and 360 back again. There are people out there who actually want their Pandora to use.

I also find it extremely hilarious that you're complaining that the second batchers get something different to the first batchers, because you specifically state that you put your order in because first batchers get something different to second batchers. Logic fail!

pelrun said:
Oh ffs. You don't buy a device because of the little bit of paint it has on the surface. If that's all you care about then cancel your order and buy your damn wii and 360 back again. There are people out there who actually want their Pandora to use.

I also find it extremely hilarious that you're complaining that the second batchers get something different to the first batchers, because you specifically state that you put your order in because first batchers get something different to second batchers. Logic fail!
yeah, but as stated initially, this first batch was going to be special because of the special markings, instead of that we get black pandas.
i could easily get a second batcher and use some thinner to wipe off the silkscreen so then did i get a fake first batcher?.

IIRC craigx said we got some bonus being the first batch and maybe it was the silkscreen?

anyway forget it, none will be of any difference now.

What does it matter if you (the generic "you") do or don't have something slightly different to a "second-batcher". No one in the world will give a crap about that except yourself, and you know which batch you ordered from anyway.

(note: I ordered in the first few minutes)

pelrun said:

Yeah, nobody collects game systems.

Back